• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cahoot - PPI claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would love, love, LOVE to claim back some of the PPI money I have spent on this loan over the last six or eight years. Can anyone please tell me the process involved? I still have £500 to pay, at £50 a month, on a "loan" whose interest rate jumped from under 5 percent to over 20 percent.

• 4 months later...

Hi

Don't know how this one got missed but yes we can help.

Do you have all of your statements for the account?

If I'm right, the flexi loan is a revolving credit agreement so you use it rather like a credit card and the balance fluctuates according to your spend and you are assigned a credit limit.

Is that right?

Regards

ims

Hi,

Yes, that's right. And unforrtunately I don't have all my paperwork.

I applied for the loan on line, and all correspondance was done via logging on to the Cahoot website for years. In past year they have sent written statements - but that's it.

Unfortunately, I am no longer able to access the account details on line.

The total ammount has fluctuated between £10k and a few hundred pounds over that time - so I'm really stuck on how to work out the overall interest paid.

I also need to know the address to write to to start the claim - please!

Morning

Right, the first thing to do is send a Subject Access Request (SAR) to Cahoot. There is a template for SAR in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green. This si a request for data made under the Data Protection Act. It has a statutory fee of £10 and they will have 40 days to comply. Amongst the things you get back should be a complete transaction history on the account.

Cahoot is a division of Santander.

Send your SAR to the Data Controller, Cahoot Loans, 2, Triton Square, Regent's Place, London NW1 3AN.

From the transaction history it will be possible to identify the PPI payments and then we can set about claiming them back with you.

Regards

ims

Thankyou very much for this.I don't suppose it would be worth just jumping in and sending the first PPI letter claim would it?(Just stating when I took out the loan and saying the balance was flexible?)I suppose it would look more professional to do it this way - but seems to add a lot more time onto the claim.THANKYOU!

Hi

Well there are two schools of thought.

One is to put in a speculative claim and hope for the best. This assumes that the bank will make the correct calculations and implies that you are putting a certain amount of trust in them. It also shows that you are pretty much "taking a punt".

The second, which I personally favour, is to look at it in a professional and informed way. Thereby you show them that you know what you are doing, that you know your rights, that you know what you expect and that you have submitted your claim having done the research and the work.

Now personally I would never trust a bank again....I use one because these days you pretty much have to.

There is nothing in a bank's business model that is there to help a customer, if anything quite the reverse.

I know it sounds blunt but it is your call....which would you prefer, wait a while and do a bit of work and get the right amount, or take a punt and trust the bank?

As they say, the decision is yours.

Regards

ims

Dear ims21,

After all your great advice and information, I trust you more than any bank! Therefore this morning I posted off my SAR request, registered post complete with £10 postal order and will await developments with interest. (And impatience!). Do you know if Cahoot is quick to respond?

Please could I ask two more questions as well??

1. I wish to pursue a similar PPI caim against a bank linked to Cahoot. Do you advise that I wait to see what happens with Cahoot, or should I send off a SAR request this week as well?

2. Does making a PPI claim make it harder for you to get a loan in the future?

Many, many thanks!

Dear ims21,

After all your great advice and information, I trust you more than any bank! Therefore this morning I posted off my SAR request, registered post complete with £10 postal order and will await developments with interest. (And impatience!). Do you know if Cahoot is quick to respond?

Please could I ask two more questions as well??

1. I wish to pursue a similar PPI caim against a bank linked to Cahoot. Do you advise that I wait to see what happens with Cahoot, or should I send off a SAR request this week as well?

2. Does making a PPI claim make it harder for you to get a loan in the future?

Many, many thanks!

Morning

Nothing to stop you going for them all....matters not whether they are connected banks, after all its your money thay have had.

FSA rules say you shouldn't be penalised in any way in connection with a ppi claim, you must aleays be treated fairly.

Regards

ims

• 1 month later...

I have just received the results of one of my SAR requests - and need a little help. Please!

The amount of payment protection stated on the statement for the loan term (96 months - two years to go) is £4,386.92 plus £1,289.76 interest. I don't know how to work out what I have already paid, though, as the PPI is in with my monthly payment.

Hi

Personally I like the templates here.....

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1606652/LETTER-TEMPLATE-Mis-sold-PPI.html

Make sure that you send off a completed fos consumer questionnaire (available from the fos website) and a copy of your spreadsheet claiming the PPI and bank interest plus 8% statutory interest.

Regards

ims

Sadly, I can't seem to find a spread sheet thingy which works with my computer. They all appear with "Read Only" on them. I've just done the calculations on a piece of paper, using a calculator. If you could point me towards to spreadsheet link that doesn't need Word, Exce etc, I would be extremely grateful. Thankyou.

Hi

Ok...no probs.....I'll write an OpenOffice version for you and post it either late tonight or tomorrow morning. That will make life a lot easier and more accurate for you.

Regards

ims

Hi

Ok...no probs.....I'll write an OpenOffice version for you and post it either late tonight or tomorrow morning. That will make life a lot easier and more accurate for you.

Regards

ims

WoW! Thankyou very, very much indeed.

Hi

Well the system still won't let me post attachments in this thread for some reason so I have posted it in the following thread...post#41

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?308922-ims21-v-HFC-PPI-***settled-***

You'll need to download the file to your PC and save it. Then rename the file and just change the last three letters (xls) to ods. Then open the file in the OpenOffice spreadsheet.

Amend your personal details in the blue section but do not change the interest rate boxes. Then move to the white list section underneath the coloured bits and list the PPI payments you have made. You only need to enter the date, the description (i.e. "PPI Payment") and the amount. The sheet will do the rest. Do not enter anything in the "Days Elapsed" or "Statutory Interest" columns.

When you have finished you will have the claim amount and this can be sent off to the lender with the completed fos questionnaire and letter of reclaim.

I have tested the spreadsheet and it works fine here but as it is a re-write, if you get any probs just shout.

Regards

ims