advice/help on improving credit rating!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

just wandered if anyone can review all my lines of credit and advise me if i have too many active accounts etc. basically up until 2 years ago i was totally snowed under with debt and did not have a clue what consequences my ill managed accounts was doing to my credit file. since then ive sat down, reviewed my situation and have been working very hard to clean up my credit file, including paying off debts, attempting to remove default notices and opening new lines of credit (which i pay on time every month)

here goes:

3 basic bank accounts, no o/draft. 1 of them used for my monthly wage. other 2 just have £1 in, but each month they all get a nice tick from CRA. (are these 2 unused accounts doing any good/bad or neither?)

1 mobile phone account paid in full on time every month.

1 littlewoods account, small balance £150 ish, pay slightly over min payment every month.

1 vanquis credit card, limit £500, small balance payed on time every month.

1 cap one credit card £300 limit, small balance payed on time every month.

1 barclaycard initial credit card £800 limit, small balance payed on time every month.

just been accepted today for aqua credit card £600 starting limit.

do i have too many credit cards? or will all these good ticks every month be doing me the world of good?

3 default notices, with orange, vodafone and wonga. all currently disputing for different reasons, dark times behind me now.

did successfully get a yorkshire bank default notice removed last year, due to no default notice been issued

if uve read all this many thanks in advance, and any comments help/advice will be much appreciated.

Yes - it will be because of the defaults - ,aybe best to foget any credit and just concentrate on keeping up current payment and looking to the future

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)