Urgently need advice re Marston threats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everybody,

Some months ago my wife was given a ticket for displaying an invalid tax disc (that was indeed the case although the car was taxed at the time).

Unfortunately did nothing about it and I now have two letters, one from two months ago from MARSTON stating that they are in 'possession of a court order' and demand fine payment plus costs etc. 90 pound fine now 365.

I work abroad and have been away for some time so only just caught up with the post.

Does this mean that this has already gone to court? (i recived no court sumons at any time but we did move some time ago and thought all mail was redirected fine)

Do i now have a criminal record?

Will this effect my credit rating when applying for a new mortgage?

How can I fight this and can I reduce the crippling 365pounds just before christmas.,,, HELP???

Any help would be very gratefully recived,

Thanks again, Peter

If you were unaware of the fine for any reason, you need to swear a simple Statutory Declaration to have the fine set aside.

You would need to contact the issuing court and speak with the clerk and they should be able to further advise,

This isnt really my field with regards to bailiffs, but I am sure that this is the correct route to go.

Others may be along shortly to further advise

Seamanrts is correct. As you had not received a summons then it is a simpe matter of filing a Statutory Declaration with the ISSUING COURT. I have provided more information regarding together with a template Statutory Declaration and this info can be found in the STICKY section (above).

The problem is finding the ISSUING COURT as many courts have now closed down and amalgamated with others. It is normally the case that enquiries should start with the magistrtaes court that was close to where you had previously lived.

If the bailiff company pay a personol visit the debt will then increase by ANOTHER £200.

Yes, you do have a criminal record.

No, this will not affect your credit rating.

PS: I am a little confused by your post as you are saying that your wife received a ticket but that YOU have been working abroad. From the little info provided, it would therefore appear that the fine is payable by your wife.