style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've had a visit from a Bailiff last week regarding unpaid Parking Fine (I'd actually appealed it but thats another story).

Anyway the bailiff threatened to clamp our car unless we paid nearly £500 (the actual fine was £150 + £7 charges).

We paid £154 and agreed to pay the remainder on 15th Dec. In the meantime I requested a breakdown of costs and got the following:

30/09/11 - Costs £7

30/09/11 - Fine £150

03/10/11 - Letter Fee £13.44

18/10/11 - Visit Levy Fee 1 £57.60

18/10/11 - Attendance To Remove £149.50

24/10/11 - Visit/Levy Fee 2 £76.80

Can anyone tell me what they are entitled to charge

Fine OK

Costs OK

Letter Fee OK

Visit to Levy Fee - entitled for parking offence to charge 28% on the first £200 of debt. If no levy takes place they can charge reasonable costs, but these can be no more than if a levy had been made.

Attendance to remove - illegal charge - can only charge once in one day, and cannot remove without a valid levy in place.

Visit to Levy charge as above, then 5.5% on any sum over £200.

They can only charge for a maximum of three visits.

Thanks Ghost.

They never levied on the '1st Visit' and only levied on the 2nd, although I never signed anything. There was certainly no attempt to remove the vehicle.

So in esccence the charges should be:

£170.44 (fine, cost, letter fee)

£47.72 (First Levy/Visit Fee)

£61.08 (2nd levy/Visit Fee)

If that's the case how do I question the fees, is there a standard template. I've got 10 days to sort this before they expect another £300 which I really can't afford as I'm out of working and my wife only goes back to work tomorrow after being on maternity leave.

Thanks

Hi folks,

Can anyone advise on what I should be paying please. I need to make payment next week but only want to pay what I should be.

If it changes anything the car is no longer registered in my name (and wasn't at the time of the attempted levy).

If you had appealed the PCn but had not received a formal Notice of Rejection then you can simply file an Out of Time Application. All enforcment will then be on hold.

If you do not have a car that the bailiff can take, then unless you let him into your home ( NOT ADVISED!!) then you have very little to worry about and the bailiff will have to accept the offer that you are making. A problem only arises if you have a car in your name.

I havent got time to do that tomtubby as bailiff wanted outstanding £300 tonight. I've called and asked to set up a payment plan but he's said no. I now have until 9am tomorrow to pay up.

Can I pay the council the £157 direct and then tell the bailiff to swivel, can he levy for his fees. How do I approach him and tell him his fees are unreasonable. As he has levied against the vehicle can he just come back at anytime and take it.

Should I just pay the £300 and be done with it.

The car is now registered to Mobile Money (yes I know I'm silly for getting a log book loan, but was in a desperate place, thankfully working our way out of it now.)

I really don't know what to do