Nolans and open decree

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have had citation for small claims court from Nolans acting for Hillesden, for £2700 for Abbey loan taken out in 2006, been asking for over 2 years for original copy of CCA and eventually received an almost illegible copy..so asked for true copy and was told basically `tough that`s all you`re getting`. Court date set for Dec 12, have sent back Income and Expenditure for offering a genuine £20 per month. Low, but seriously all I can afford. Emailed them for a response and they replied `not acceptable, we will be moving to obtain Open Decree at Court`. I work full time so if the court rejects my payment offer can I expect to get my wages arrested? I am working the day it`s called in court so can I send a friend in my absence?

hiya,

it would be in your best interest to attend.

If nolans rejects your offer then the court will decide on what is found as reasonable and only if you fail this then would there be any thread of wages arrestment etc.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Really it is not as bad as you think - i am sure everyone feels the same - i did but once you are there and settled it ain't as scary

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

I am being taken to court by a creditor and had a chat with my lawyer

She told me she could go for me but I would get on better on my own

I need more time to rearrange my affairs so she told me to let them know on the return date and appear in person.

She basically told me that the courts will give LOTS of leeway to an individual but they would be more sharp with a lawyer that made a mistake

They won't let people take the urine but they will try to be fair

I would ask the court to request the pursuer provide a true copy as they are required to do

I would also request they award you time to pay if the order goes against you

Hi Skint, I`m not disputing the debt but today I am raging! I sent Nolans and Income and Expenditure form, didn`t get a response so emailed them asking for a response, which was `unacceptable` so I emailed and asked what they would accept. No reply. This was a week ago and today I received a form. `Minute for Decree` and point 4 states that `no reasonable payment offer has been made defender` so I`m furious because I have made an offer that was refused and they have not communicated with me since. I`m gonna take copies of the email I sent and I`ve emailed Nolans telling them so.

Just a further question, Nolans refusing to communicate with me now that I`ve asked what they would accept etc, will court take dim view of this?

Also, it took Hillesden 2 years to send me a poor and vague of CCA, you can make it out and no more. After 2 years from original request is the debt still enforceable?

Just a further question, Nolans refusing to communicate with me now that I`ve asked what they would accept etc, will court take dim view of this?

Also, it took Hillesden 2 years to send me a poor and vague copy of CCA, you can make it out and no more. After 2 years from original request is the debt still enforceable?

Hi, BASSETT.

Where are you and what Court are you to attend ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Take any copies of offers of payments etc with you to show the court you are willing to pay but Nolans are being donkey's

No where near Dundee on the 12th or would have came for some support and cannot think of anyone.

Thanks Scottyboy, plan to take my other half along with me, he`s represented himself in court a few times with various stuff and been successful. Gonna take copies of unanswered emails I have sent to Nolans too.

UPDATE- only lasted 5 mins, pointed out this is my only debt so awarded instalment decree that I`m comfortable with.

If judge had granted open decree as requested by Nolans, this would have seen me in serious shiz!