• Tweets

• Thanks, dx. Yes, I may need to turn my attention into some other things.
    • no they wont  can you PLEASE stop panicking about a nothing burger   dx  
    • Where a person who owns or partially owns a property enters into an IVA, it's usual practice that in the fifth year, the person has to attempt to re-mortgage the property to release equity. It's extremely rare that a homeowner will be successful in re-mortgaging due to having a poor credit rating. Where the owner is unable to re-mortgage, the IVA is extended for a further year. This is absolutely normal practice in an IVA, and if your sister cancels payments to the IVA, the IVA is at risk of failing and she could be made bankrupt, therefore losing any equity she has in the property. 
    • Right. So I think it would be  good idea to give a brief description of the property, for example detached house, or flat or terraced. And some sort of identifier so we can distinguish from other properties you handle. An incomplete street address eg "No.14" would do so while preserving your privacy. Is the freehold title discrete for the property, or does it cover other leasehold properties? And a bit about your history, how current ownership came about. At one stage you said it used to be your family home, elsewhere you wrote that you'd bought the leasehold. Did those comments refer to this property? Did you acquire it on the open market, or from your family? Is this the house with the garages, where you own the freehold? Trying to understand whether there are underlying reasons that might account for problems with valuation, eligibility for finance, and the fact that neither you nor Lender found it possible to sell. Finally (for the moment) you refer to existing litigation. Does that relate to this property? If so it would be good to give a brief overview. Civil or criminal? What role do play .. claimant, defendant, appellant, respondent?  Charge, or cause of action. You don't want to go off on separate path that would better joined to the current proceedings. 
    • Can you confirm the client on the letter please? Is it The Original Energy Provider or PRAC Energy? 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Reclaim PPI from GE Money[ loans.co.uk] ****WON Loans.co.uk coughed*****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A question about re-claiming mis-sold PPI: a claims company called Hardwick phoned me and 'identified' a mortgage that I had on a previous property about 5 years ago. And, indeed, I did have a mortgage with GE Money Home Lending, which I redeemed when I moved to my current flat. As that company have sent me an information pack, and as they are the ones that have prompted me to claim, am I obligated to go through them (they charge 25% on successful claims) or can I do it by myself? - I think a number of people on the CAG Forum seem to be claiming themselves.

Does it matter if I took out that mortgage over six years ago, as long as it is less than six years since I have redeemed the account?

To make things more complicated, another claims company has today pestered me for their business...

As for the Agreement itself, GE Money have sent me something but the Total Loan Amount is not split up into the amount of the loan itself and any PPI. Is it best to send a Subject Access Request to them asking for a full broken-down agreement?

Is it ok to continue to use this thread, ims21 or the site team, or do I need to find a separate thread for GE Money?

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A question about re-claiming mis-sold PPI: a claims company called Hardwick phoned me and 'identified' a mortgage that I had on a previous property about 5 years ago. And, indeed, I did have a mortgage with GE Money Home Lending, which I redeemed when I moved to my current flat. As that company have sent me an information pack, and as they are the ones that have prompted me to claim, am I obligated to go through them (they charge 25% on successful claims) or can I do it by myself? - I think a number of people on the CAG Forum seem to be claiming themselves.

Does it matter if I took out that mortgage over six years ago, as long as it is less than six years since I have redeemed the account?

To make things more complicated, another claims company has today pestered me for their business...

As for the Agreement itself, GE Money have sent me something but the Total Loan Amount is not split up into the amount of the loan itself and any PPI. Is it best to send a Subject Access Request to them asking for a full broken-down agreement?

Is it ok to continue to use this thread, ims21 or the site team, or do I need to find a separate thread for GE Money?

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

Hi there PCB

I would not use a claims company....do it yourself and save the 25% plus that they will charge. No you are not obligated to them.

Forget anything about time limits...if there was mis-sold PPI then claim it back....we can help you with that for free!

Can you post up what you have from GE (MINUS ANY PERSONAL INFO) as a PDF file please.

I'll ask the Site Team to create a new thread for you.

Regards

ims

Posts moved-new thread created

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I'll have a look just in case, Ims, but I don't think I did keep any of the mortgage statements... The amount I paid per month is on the copy letter they have sent to me, as is the original amount. The letter doesn't even state the APR/rate of interest, so I will have to request the full agreement. But I'll post it up as a PDF file.

Thanks.

Thank you, silverfox. Am I now in the new thread?

PCB

Based on what you have said, I think a SAR will be needed and a full breakdown of the PPI.

These companies will do it for you but why? It's not that hard to DIY . The CMCs will do exactly the same as you with the help of CAG

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I'll have a look just in case, Ims, but I don't think I did keep any of the mortgage statements... The amount I paid per month is on the copy letter they have sent to me, as is the original amount. The letter doesn't even state the APR/rate of interest, so I will have to request the full agreement. But I'll post it up as a PDF file.

Thanks.

Hi PCB

Ok....if you can post up what you've got we can see where we go from there. You might (and I say might) have enough to prepare a claim already but lets see.

Regards

ims

It will save up to eight weeks if I did have enough paperwork to claim already :-)

silverfox has written: "These companies will do it for you but why? It's not that hard to DIY . The CMCs will do exactly the same as you with the help of CAG"

The CMC claimed they could claim Interest on the PPI too, but I guess I could also do that myself with the help of CAG? I would be more than happy to give a small donation to CAG when (or I should say 'if and when') this has all been resolved.

It will save up to eight weeks if I did have enough paperwork to claim already :-)

silverfox has written: "These companies will do it for you but why? It's not that hard to DIY . The CMCs will do exactly the same as you with the help of CAG"

The CMC claimed they could claim Interest on the PPI too, but I guess I could also do that myself with the help of CAG? I would be more than happy to give a small donation to CAG when (or I should say 'if and when') this has all been resolved.

Yep...we will get you what you're entitled to.

Keep on reading around the ppi forums as there is a great deal of useful information in the threads there.

ims

Thanks ims. I have scanned the document, which is basically just a letter, not an actual agreement into an email to me this evening at work. But, sadly, I forgot to delete my personal details in the photocopy and unfortunately can't amend the file before uploading it the CAG forum as it is a PDF file.

I will have to wait until tomorrow, when I can bring in some Tippex (forgot yo bring any in today!) to delete what is personal to me.

PCB

Ims or anyone, could you briefly let me know how to upload a financial document, which is now in the form of a file in a folder on my computer? I have a feeling that the document isn't sufficient in itself to work from as it doesn't even split the loan amount itself from the PPI, or even mention therein that there is PPI...

Thanks, PCB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

hit reply button

ims

Look at the bottom of a post and you will see where you type your reply there is a "go advanced" button....click that one. There you can do your reply and manage attachments.

ims

I have managed to upload the file, which I will insert in this message.

Thanks for the guidance.

I did the first 5 steps, but when I clicked on the Insert Image icon nothing seems to have been insert - instead I got a dialog box open which invites one to select an image from pc, which I have already done.

So it is your "insert inline" step I haven't done yet... pcb

img-707155630-0001.pdf

Oh, it does seem to be attached! Please let me know whether the document is enough to claim on or whether I'd need to submit an SAR for the proper agreement

pcb

Hi

There's nothing on there in respect of figures for ppi so I think a SAR is going to be your best bet.

Template for SAR is in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

£10 Statutory fee is payable and they will have 40 days to comply.

Regards

ims

Hi ims,

As I'm working from home today, I received a call from a claims management company called Consumer Money Matters with an 0116 number. Although the chap who called sounded pleasant he was, nevertheless, rather pressurising. I said I had made a decision not to go through claims management companies for reclaiming PPI from loans. He said why wouldn't I wish to claim the money back, and I said I would but not through a company but by myself. He then said if it was that simple for consumers to do it for themselves there wouldn't be claims management co's.

He pointed out to me that if I were unsuccessful myself I wouldn't be able to claim again through a CMC. When I asked the fees on a successful claim he said 29.4% incl VAT. He also says he has a "good relationship" with some of the lenders, and he kept asking me what loans I have had in the last 30 years (as his co can claim back monies from as far back as that - and he was helpful about giving me the number to call for a past Agreement from the Halifax.

To use 'delaying' tactics I said I'd call in a couple of days or so. What should I say if I don't want to use his co or another CMC - shall I admit I'm getting advice from the CAG? He said that (most) banks/lenders would try any tactics not to pay out. Or do you think I can get away with not phoning back the CMC and not answering my home phone during the day?

Thanks

pcb

Hi

They will do nothing for you that you can't do yourself.

I think you can see why CMC's exist....they earn (in this case) nearly 30% of a successful claim! They are not in this to do you a favour.

It is your choice but I certainly wouldn't use one. You are under no obligation to call them back. If you don't want to use them then if they call you just say "no thanks" and put the phone down.

A lot of what they say is, of course, sales puff...they want to get business.

Its none of their business where or from whom you get advice.

Regards

ims

• 4 months later...

ok

go get 'em

they CAN be ahard nut to crack

but if you do it PROPERLY from day one

with an FOS customer questionaire http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

and a SOC [spreadheet]

you cant go wrong.

what type of credit was it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...