• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Reclaim PPI from GE Money[ loans.co.uk] ****WON Loans.co.uk coughed*****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just a little tip

and i'm not knocking anyones advice even mine

but dont be too specific in the questionaire

it could lead to them finding a loophole

esp if it goes to the FOS eventually.

if you case is water tight then so be it

but never put things down that will make a decision for someone else

like broker XYZ sold me the policy when i took out the loan.

get me drift?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your advice ims and for the revised draft for Section E. Thanks also for your comment(s), dx100, and perhaps it is not relevant who the broker were. Also, I shouldn't put in too many buts, althoughs or "I think"s! And maybe not too long sentences either. Pcb

ims and dx, this is the revised text

The sale took place in my ownhome where two men came to process and complete the sale of the mortgage. I wasn't given much information specificallyon the insurance, but they said to me that clearly with a loan of thatmagnitude I would need to take out some PPI. They didn't mention that I couldget a separate, and cheaper, stand alone policy elsewhere.

The cost, benefits and termsof the insurance were not explained at all clearly to me. I'm sure I explained that, with my current employer,I would have got 6 months full and 6 months half pay if I were off sick.

Also, I did comment that theamount of PPI required to pay seemed rather high and I asked why I needed topay the amount in bulk rather than something per month. Their answer didn't seem that convincing, butthey said that's the way it is done.

I took out the insurancebecause it was recommended to me and I felt I had little choice.

No changes to my health havetaken place since I took out the insurance.

After I have written something along the lines of "Why you are unhappy is that you were clearly mis-sold and not given all of the facts to enable you to make an informed decision", as you suggested, ims, should I perhaps also write that I'm even more unhappy in retrospect of having had to take out such insurance, or would that just cloud the issue? pcb

just put what you have writtren above in one of the boxes that it covers

dont keep repeating yourself.

dx

• Confused 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh dear, I have lost what I have just written when I returned back to Page 1 of thread to check something!!!!

To summarise, dx, I have not repeated myself except to say that I get 6 months full then 6 months half pay, which IS relevant in both Section D5 and Section E "about your complaint" in that I've stated that GE Money would have been aware of the above.

Obviously, what ims as advised me to write is a one-sentence response to the final section - why am I unhappy with the insurance.

I shan't forget the StatInt101 SOC spreadsheet and suitable covering letter :-) On the SOC, when it says 8% simple interest is that per annum? So after 5 years or so I should get around 40%? In the covering letter is there any harm in putting that I would not have taken out the insurance if I had known I could get a less expensive stand alone policy, and at the time I was not aware of that? Thanks!

Hi

The 8% is simple interest calculated from the date of payment right up to the end date quoted in the spreadsheet. The Award calculation shows you the amount you should be getting back.

You can put the bit about buying insurance from elsewhere on the fos questionnaire under "why you are not happy". Just put something to the effect that you were not made aware that a less expensive policy could have been obtained elsewhere and you were not told that alternatives were available.

Your paperwork goes to GE only...not to fos at this time

ims

Oh dear, I have lost what I have just written when I returned back to Page 1 of thread to check something!!!!

To summarise, dx, I have not repeated myself except to say that I get 6 months full then 6 months half pay, which IS relevant in both Section D5 and Section E "about your complaint" in that I've stated that GE Money would have been aware of the above.

Obviously, what ims as advised me to write is a one-sentence response to the final section - why am I unhappy with the insurance.

I shan't forget the StatInt101 SOC spreadsheet and suitable covering letter :-) On the SOC, when it says 8% simple interest is that per annum? So after 5 years or so I should get around 40%? In the covering letter is there any harm in putting that I would not have taken out the insurance if I had known I could get a less expensive stand alone policy, and at the time I was not aware of that? Thanks!

what i meant was , put what yo had written in your msg in one box, then dont repeat yourself by putting the same info in other boxes.

ims has explained the 8% now also.

hth

dx

and they

ims and dx, many thanks for your replies. In the SOC spreadsheet is it critical that I put in the exact date the insurance was taken out? I am 95% sure it is the 5th Jan 2005, and am certain it was in January 2005, but I may be 1 or 2 days out either side. It is just that I have left my documentation from the DSAR in other office, which I won't be going to until at least Monday!

Sorry, PS, perhaps I had better wait (as I've waited so long so far!!) to see the documentation, as I think I remember the amount of the PPI to the nearest pound but not to the nearest penny! If there is even a sligh discrepancy in the figures or date it could be enough for GE to challenge ... pcb

exact dates and figure and not important

its the same month

its the same £ pennies matter not.

up to you

dx

and they

dx and ims,

is it best to write a covering letter to GE, along the following lines?

Dear Sirs,

I wish to claim all of my mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) in relation to my loan/mortgage, account number xxxx xxxx. Date of the loan was xx January 2005 and it was fully redeemed at the end of May 2006. I am unhappy with the way it was sold to me and that it was added to the loan to make a gross amount, which all had to be redeemed. Attached is the statutory form issued by the Financial Ombudsman Service, detailing the exact circumstances, and a spreadsheet to make a calculation of the total amount due to me, including 8% simple interest, which does not include any of the inconvenience I have clearly incurred. It is hoped that I will not require the intervention of the FOS themselves.

Yours faithfully [or sincerely?]

Mr x x xxxxxxx

Is it best to send the whole lot to them by RD (recorded delivery)? Thanks.

For address see here

http://www.gemoney.co.uk/en/utility/contact_complain.html

Dear Sirs ends with Yours Faithfully

ims

Thanks, ims, I thought that was the case. Does the actual content of my proposed letter look fine, and should I send it via recorded delivery?

ims and dx, ready to send it all off now. In the letter I have just put GE Money Home Lending at the start of the address, but on the envelope I'll remember to address it to their Resolutions Team. The date I have put on the PPI Redress Calculation form, and everywhere else, is the 8th February 2012, and I shall leave it as that now. Quite a tidy sum in Interest has accrued now :-) Is is better to send it Recorded? I'd imagine it would be! Thanks again, pcb

Finally!! I have now sent all the correspondence off to GE, so just a waiting game now!!

Hopefully, they won't make an issue that I have waited until the 8th February 2012 to make a claim, as I redeemed the loan/mortgage in late May 2006

pcb

• 1 month later...

I received a letter dated 28 February from GE including

"Please be aware upon checking our records I can confirm we have no record of any PPI being associated with this account.

You may have arranged the cover separately with the broker...

From my initial investigation I note that whilst GE Money provided the finance for your loan, GE Money did not sell it to you.

This was taken out through Loans.co.uk Ltd.

You will ned to contact Loans.co.uk directly".

Then a week later I did get a letter from the broker, dated 7 March 2012, saying

"We are currently investigating your complaint and we aim to issue a response within 28 days.

We have enclosed a copy of our internal complaint leaflet for your information...".

so GE must obviously have contacted them.

Unfortunately, it is only in the last 2 or 3 days that I've noticed I need to return an Authority Form for them to investigate on my behalf,

so I had better return it to them first class post today!

Do I need to send them documentation that shows that I did have PPI (if I can find it amongst all my papers today),

or not if they have not asked for those forms as they should have copies anyway?

I think the actual PPI company is Wessex Administration or something, but what happens if they have ceased trading?

Thanks for any help,

PCB

utter rubbish

GE Money ARE responsible , they financed the loan - end of!!

section 56 CCA applies:

— (1) In this Act “antecedent negotiations ” means any negotiations with the debtor or hirer—

(a) conducted by the creditor or owner in relation to the making of any regulated agreement, or

(b) conducted by a credit-broker in relation to goods sold or proposed to be sold by the credit-broker to the creditor before forming the subject-matter of a debtor-creditor-supplier agreement within section 12(a), or

© conducted by the supplier in relation to a transaction financed or proposed to be financed by a debtor-creditor-supplier agreement and “negotiator ” means the person by whom negotiations are so conducted with the debtor or hirer.

dx

and they