Contest a will

Liivvo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

A bit of advice please. My partners father passed away recently and left a will which was made aproxamately 4 years ago. Her father had 5 children from 2 relationships. His estate was left to the 2 children from his second relationship, my partner and her 2 bbrothers were not mentioned at all in the will. I have read a little about contesting a will but seem to get conflicting messages about the validity of such a claim, can anyone point my partner and her brothers in the right direction or is it a case of just accepting things as they are ??

Many Thanks in advance

Liivvo

There seem to be a lot of will related questions recently. Strange.

Anyway, what was your partners relationship with his father?

Was his father of sound mind when the will was made? I.e. Not ill or anything like that?

There is a very real chance that they will cannot be contested but seek legal advice, especially if is for a large amount.

Thanks for that, although my partner and her father had a close relationship upto 7 or so years ago they driffted apart when he sold the house she was living in at the time and moved to America. This was the last she heard of him, untill she was told he had died and had been living in England all the time. Sounds to me that she may not have any claim but thanks for the info