Mothercare replaced damaged item but didn't take the original away

FlipperDipper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a cotbed from Mothercare, £375 including mattress. It was delivered in June and when we opened it a few days later to assemble it we found it was damaged. The damage was fairly superficial (a huge gouge mark across one of the end panels of the cotbed) but we had paid a fair bit so we weren't pleased. We rang Mothercare, they apologised and arranged for a replacement to be sent out, they said to put the original one back in the packaging and the delivery driver would collect it when he dropped off the replacement.

The delivery company was Yodel (or Home Delivery Network as they were called at the time). He dropped a new cotbed and mattress off a few days later but wouldn't take the damaged one away because it wasn't on his job sheet. He said it should be collected in a few days.

Well no one came. I've had other deliveries from Yodel in that time and none of the drivers want to take it. A friend of mine has offered to buy it from me for £100 because she's due a baby soon. As it's been five months and Mothercare haven't contacted me about it where do I stand? I'm worried I'll sell it to my friend and they will all of a sudden come to me asking where it is!

COntact whoever your contact at mothercare was and tell them since it has not been collected you are putting them on notice that they have 7 days to collect otherwise you will dispose of it. Once the 7 days are up tip it, or in your case pass it on to someone who can make use of it. Make sure you tell them this in an email at the very least so you have proof you put them on notice.