Angry New Member Prepares For Battle.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I've just registered and am currently preparing my first letter to my bank for a detailed list of charges. I never considered attempting to reclaim my charges, even though I had heard a whisper it was possible. However I went overdrawn 10 days before I was paid and the bank not only charged me £30 for bieng overdrawn and £8 per day I was overdrawn, making £110 in just over a week!! Now it's time to claim my charges back.

I would appreciate any advice from members who have or are currently in the proces of claiming.

Thankyou

Haasturner :-x

Welcome haasturner.

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there's a Step by Step guide here too). You should print these out to refer to so as to avoid

having to ask basic questions later.

Then look at other threads in your bank's forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything.

There's a lot to take in, but it's time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank's forum and post your progress and any questions there and you'll get plenty of help

Lots of info and links below:

• Confused 1

SETTLED CASES

LTSB (CC) £20 21-8-06

HSBC (CC) £600 19-10-06

HSBC (Ac) No.1 £1900 25-10-06

RBS (CC) £900 25-10-06

Smile (Ac) £1300 17-11-06

A&L (Ac) No.1 £400 23-11-06

A&L (Mortgage ERC) £3900 4-12-06

LTSB (Ac) £200 13-12-06

A&L (Ac) No.2 £120 19-12-06

HSBC (Ac) No.2 £650 29-12-06

LTSB (Business) £1700 13-2-07

RBS (Ac) £4500 + Default Removal 17-3-07

Barclays (Bus) Warrant of Execution 10-3-07 not used yet

ONGOING CASES

Egg (CC) N1 Filed £1300 + Default Removal Judgment Order 9/1/07 In my Favour

Barclays Business loan & 2 accs. S.A.R N1 filed Judgment in Default isued 15/2/07

HSBC (CC) have failed to produce Credit Agreement

TO DO CASES

Egg (Loan)

LTSB (Ac Ltd Company)

LTSB (Loan)

Thanks Countrybake,

I have actually been on the site a few times already as my girlfriends uncle is in the process of claiming his charges back, so has given me some good advice and links to your site. I have read the FAQs and have just prepared my data protection act disclosure request. However the bank I'm claiming against is the Yorkshire Bank, who I until I read in this site, believed to be a local Yorkshire based organisation, but it seems they are difficult to deal with. So I will take some time to get myself fully prepared and ensure I follow the procedure correctly before sending any correspondence.

I will keep you posted

Haasturner :-x

They may be difficult, but they are not invincible.

Just stick to the well-tried and tested methods advocated on this site and you WILL succeed.

To get a feel for dealing with the Yorkshire Bank, have a good read of the threads in that forum.

Also, start your own thread in the Yorkshire Bank forum. Use it to post any questions and to keep us informed of your progress.

Good Luck.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

and another similar position but made super angry by intansigence of capital one credit card company

I have a small credit card wth Cap1 that i gave my missus to use (400 limit) and admit to being careless and not reading statements because I had a minimum payment DD set up which I thought meant i didn't have to.:oops: my wife hasn't used the card since Feb 06 but went £13 over the limit Eventually they wrote to me after charging £20 a month so I called them and paid it all back into credit by debit card on the 5th august my payment didn't clear until the 8th and they charged me another £20 on the 7th!

Angry you would beleive it but they have also charged me another £20 for September because i didn't bother to look again as I thought i'd sorted it . So when icalled them this morning thinking that they would refund the 2 £20 's some extremely defensive & snotty operative accused me of bullying her not negotiating ( i think negotiating was the term if i agreed with her but bullying was was what i was doing if i didn't agree with her) She offered me one of the £20 's back on condition I paid the other one there and then otherwise she wasn't going to give the one £ 20 back

Angry :-x i found this site and i shall now pursue them as a matter of principle to get it all back about £80-100 i suppose. Trouble is having had a read Woolwich offered very little assistance when i was out of work 3 or 4 years ago could get caught in the crossfire;)