Bit of a strange one?????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Only a minor thing but I would still like to fix it.

I am using Windows 7 and I can put in a USB device (Flash Drive). However, when it comes to clicking on the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon, nothing happens. If I put the arrow on the icon, it does say 'Safely Remove Hardware', but after the click (left or right)........ nothing.

Any ideas???

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

After you click, keep hovering for 2 or 3 seconds and it comes up

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

It doesn't mate. I have used it for 18 months now, but it was only the last month or so it stopped working. My flash drive and the likes seem OK when I just unplug them. I just hope It stays like that and doesn't erase anything from them.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

• 3 weeks later...

I had just read a tip where you can configure a USB key to be safely removed without clicking the 'safely remove hardware icon'.

With a USB key inserted, open my computer. Locate your 'removable disc' and right click and select 'properties'. Under the 'Hardware' tab (again make sure your removable disc is highlighted), click properties again. A new window will now open. select the tab along the top 'Policies' then just make sure the box is ticked for 'optimise for quick removal'

The above menu selection is based on XP but very similar to windows 7 I believe.