Parking tickets 'forgotten' for 5 years & now I have to pay?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. In 2000/2001 I lived in the London Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, had a car & parking permit. I got quite a few tickets & then had a cleanup & made sure they were ALL paid - in fact Im sure I spoke to them to check there were none left although cant prove it.

Then in May this year I got a final demand for two tickets I had never heard of, from that era, & when I rang they told me they had 'gone missing' in their system & were 'real' tickets that had to be paid! From bloody 2000!!!!

I didnt pay, & 4 months later I had the baliffs here - so I forked out £280 to get rid of them.

What, if anything can I do about this appalling con? Is it my word against theirs & they will win? Help!!! :shock:

Kensington Mortgages: letter sent 3/10 requesting fee breakdown

Smile bank: letter sent 3/10 requesting fee breakdown

GE Capital: letter sent 3/10 requesting fee breakdown

Kensington Mortgages: first letter re £13k ERC sent 3/10

MBNA: letter sent 3/10 requesting fee breakdown

Morgan Stanley: letter sent 3/10 requesting fee breakdown

Those B*stards have got my money & I want it back!!! Now!!!

There have been some landmark appeal cases since 2000 regarding the validity of PCN's - there's a good chance that LBK&C's PCN's may have been invalid like a lot of other local authorities and they will have changed them. So you could apply under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 for details of the tickets in question though I don't know if they keep actual copies or you could apply under the Freedom of Information Act to find out if they have in fact altered their PCN's since 2000 for compliance problems. If thye have, I would argue they should refund the money including the bailiffs fees. Its worth a try.

• 4 months later...

Absolute disgrace, it takes them five years but I bet they only gave you so man days to pay!

You MUST fight this, try to get copies of the tickets (EXACT photocopies, many councils now send out a computer printout with (alegedly) the same details that were on the ticket, not good enough.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)