• Tweets

• “Not realising it was a no parking zone” doesn’t help you if the timing is correct, as (at least, on Google Maps / View) there is clear signage ('7am to midnight', parked at 15:22) What might be worth pursuing is the "ticket handed to driver" aspect : do you have any view on why they would be  stating that?
    • it's 85k of turnover (well, now £90k). However, you're digging yourself into another hole here. That ship has probably long since sailed. Is it worth pursuing this? You're not going to get anything back from it either way.
    • Hi,   A few pointers from yesterday to take note of evris cpr 27.9 failed again so we should really make issue of this also their WX fail to comply with CPR so again we should take issue with their statement of truth  you cant get tort if you get damages under subsection 7 of CRA because its double recovery  - not sure what we think of this? however its the first time i saw the judges make reference to your non automatic rights from s49 which s54 and 57 assist with. We should start stating this specifically for claims as I think its much better than just 49 and 57 as we need to make it clear where our non automatic rights come from as 54 automatic frankly dont help  I have sent the claim form and defences to the admin email because I can’t upload them for some reason as it wont let me but thought this may help as its the first time we’ve taken tort to trial. although i think the DDJ was honestly struggling to understand some parts of the law because he was asking me about them and how he should interpret them, especially for the automatic. Will apply for transcript if you want it?
    • I decided on confrontation - which I hate.  Omg the arrogance of the driver.  They refused to say who had given them the alleged permission to park on the private land - unless I proved ownership.  I couldn't believe they could be so objectionable.   They advised they couldn't take public transport to work as they lived too far away.  They couldn't rent a local garage as none were available. I simply said that's their issue not mine. It was infuriating that this person had such misplaced entitlement.  However I decided to humour them and show them the title deeds.   They couldn't respond.  Although at this point they alleged some guy in a city up north - whose name they couldn't remember - gave permission!!    They then asked if they could buy the garages and land!! Yet can't afford to park on a meter !! They seemed to back down and agree to now park elsewhere.  I hope so. 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

how to take legal action against hsbc?

noddy997
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Post a copy of the letter to your thread Noddy before you submit.

Regards

Andy

Damn I have already submitted it!

Been trying to ring CAB all morning just says number busy! Been there as well since its literally around corner from court, woman says you got to ring a number to book an appointment, she goes theres more than 1 operator on but i dont think so because the number doesnt even ring it just goes to busy. its a joke.

I went all the way to court to seek compensation for "damage to creditworthiness" against HSBC. I lost unfortunately.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont bother with the CAB this is far out of their depth...post up what you have sent let me take a peek.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I have uploaded it.

But if I dont go to CAB then im on my own and a bit clueless...

I went all the way to court to seek compensation for "damage to creditworthiness" against HSBC. I lost unfortunately.

Excellent Noddy there is rather a serious anomaly here which you are about to uncover.With regards to the CAB you will be even more clueless after appointment but go see them decide for yourself.

You have all the experience and knowledge here behind you on CAG.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Excellent Noddy there is rather a serious anomaly here which you are about to uncover.With regards to the CAB you will be even more clueless after appointment but go see them decide for yourself.

You have all the experience and knowledge here behind you on CAG.

Regards

Andy

What do you mean?! PLease define, it doesnt look too well for me in my eyes. Now I looked at my letter it seems a bit waffly...

Of course it looks good for you.You have followed procedure to the date and letter and requested judgment.What have they done ...ignored the claim not responded and wrote to the Court to excuse their behaviour.Now its the DJ that has some explaining to do as to why he has allowed time on failure to respond...conversing with the Defendant without your knowledge...not following the Civil Procedure Rules...I could go on and on but Im short of time.Let me know what response you get to that letter Noddy.

Regards

Andy

Hi Noddy,

I hope you find a way to get to your graduation. I'm well accustomed to not being able to do things because of malicious bankers. Thankfully, they hadn't screwed me before I graduated.

It may be worth physically going in to arrange an appointment with CAB, rather than phone. They can possibly help you find funds for the graduation at least and may provide a friendly face in court.

What type of work are you looking for? Aberdeen has quite a low unemployment rate.

Things will improve soon for you.

woman says you got to ring a number to book an appointment, she goes theres more than 1 operator on but i dont think so because the number doesnt even ring it just goes to busy. its a joke.

Didn't see this. What did she say when you told her you've been trying to ring all morning? There should be an option to sit and wait too.

Perhaps ask your MP for advice. Maybe they can get you fast tracked to see CAB.

Andy seems like your man legally but a friendly face counts for a lot too.

I was told the court usually responds within 5 working days to letters of such.

Or maybe they will ignore it!

The woman at CAB said just keep trying especially near closing time, I did and even after 1pm it still said number busy - its pathetic and a joke (I dont know if there is another CAB branch in Notts Ill have to check).

Worse off, the house I bought last year which I couldnt get a mortgage on has been nothing but a load of problems. 2 tenants have moved out today, and 1 left last month so wont be able to afford the mortgage for that let alone the council tax mess they have left me in.

I think it might take ages with the MP I would have to write to him and the reply may take days or weeks!

I know am being fended off here since I dont have a legal rep and dont know the ins and outs of the system! I got the gut feeling I got an IQ of 131 and my instincts are 99% of the time correct!

This is winding me up I thought I could sort a few issues out with the £5k, donate some to charity in good faith. But for me personally whenever I plan or think something it goes the opposite!

Hi Noddy,

You're doing fine. Folk with a lower IQ should easily be able to use the small claims court. I did.

At first glance , it does seem that something rather fishy is going on at your court and we're all looking forward to finding out what that is next week.

Good idea to look for another CAB office. It seems that one near the court is oversubscribed.

The quickest way to see my MP is to phone and make an appointment. He does usually ignore my e-mails! Perhaps yours follows a similar regime.

I hope you'll soon get around to dealing with "all the other things" It sounds like you need some help with that too.

At first glance , it does seem that something rather fishy is going on at your court and we're all looking forward to finding out what that is next week.

Exactly what am crapping about!!

Yes but the point is, what if they bloody ignore it?! Point to realise here is, DG wrote to judge on 9th Oct, the court send me the order which states the extension and that is dated 16th Oct - a whole week later.. they are pushing time! HM Northampton far better!

And if anyone was the chosen one in this scenario its you Durkin not me LOL. Did you go through small claims court first?

still cant get through to CAB on the phone. Went in again today and the idiot said "you have to keep trying people do get through eventually" been trying since last week. Dont know which century I will get through!

Exactly what am crapping about!!

They should be the ones crapping themselves. You've exposed them!

Yes but the point is, what if they bloody ignore it?!

Then they're guilty. As long as you show when they ask you to you'll win

And if anyone was the chosen one in this scenario its you Durkin not me LOL. Did you go through small claims court first?

I wish I could have that title. My case will not be ratified until next summer so it seems that you'll be taking the glory ahead of me. I'll be very happy about that.

The bad guys can't be allowed to continue.

Yes, I tried to keep things in the small claims court but in my case, I was dealing with particularly malicious folk who think they can buy judgements (actually true in Scotland! - but hopefuly not for much longer as there's a new breed coming through)

Try getting in touch with the Law Works charity for pro bono help.

I went to university at Nottingham. The MP there (Beeston) seemed quite helpful.

Cheers for the reassurance and kind words.

I think it will be borough specified. Mine is Ken Clarke... Lol. I dont know what people think of him though.

Ken Clarke... Lol. I dont know what people think of him though.

You should have paid him a visit before now. I think if he was my MP I'd be much further down the line.

I've asked my MP so many times for help from the ministry of justice. Palmed off every time. (He's an ex lawyer!)

You should have paid him a visit before now. I think if he was my MP I'd be much further down the line.

I've asked my MP so many times for help from the ministry of justice. Palmed off every time. (He's an ex lawyer!)

Whose an ex-lawyer Ken or your MP? I will ring them up tommorow to see if I can see him. I dont know how busy his schedule would be though.

And my case seems to be dragged on dont think it will get sorted sooner than yours though.

Frank Doran, my MP, is an ex lawyer. He's always voted in because he's red and so can only do what his party tells him to rather than what his constituents need him to do.

I don't know much about Ken Clarke except he's the ex justice minister. I guess he probably still has a few contacts.

It seems you still have a chance to get this sorted before Xmas whereas I'm about to experience my 14th consecutive Xmas shafted by the bonus boys.

It's particularly tough with young kids.

Next year though will be the year for the consumer.

Good luck with Ken, I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'd be interested to hear if he's heard of my case.

Cheers,

Richard.

Rang into Ken Clarke's secretary (no nonsense pass the parcel phone system - direct to her) she was so friendly and said "his next surgery in Nottingham is on 10th Nov, you just missed one this Saturday gone. If its an urgent matter please email me and I will forward it to Mr Clarke if its urgent".

She has emailed me back within about half an hour and said "I will forward this to Mr Clarke for his attention". Very good service he has got going!

I included a brief description as to what has happended, and importantly the 6 week extension granted and all relevant dates and copies of particulars being approved to the court order sheet I got last week showing the extension.

DG wrote to me today saying we reject your £4500 counter offer.

And are saying the cases mentioned are useless in my scenario and I would have to prove any damage has actually been suffered.

And are offering me to reconsider the £1000 offer.

Hi Noddy,

They're incompetent fools.

Kpohraror wasn't awarded anything for his business loss, only for general damages.

Let the judge tell them and watch them squirm.

Just the fact that you're unable to get credit because of the default is all that the judge needs to open the floodgates.

There is no proof required in the pursuit of general damages to creditworthiness.

Refer them to my case too. It's quite clear.

Richard.