• Tweets

• I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
    • Developing computer games can be wildly expensive so some hope that AI can cut the cost.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help with Capquest chasing old cap1 debt needed.

DawnS1970
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new here and apologise if this posting is in wrong place. I've had a letter from Capquest this morning, I've copied it out here so that you get the idea of what they're attempting to do, I want to send them a letter back by return, but have no idea what to write. I pay them £1 a month and have been doing so for the last 2 years due to previously being on ESA, but this was stopped in March of this year. I do not work, my partner supports me, as I am still not well enough to go to work some days even part time. I've never missed a payment to Capquest, in fact I try and keep 2-3 months ahead with the payments.

Further to our recent correspondence

Prior to the start of legal proceedings various checks and validations are undertaken to establish facts around your current circumstances.

During this pprocess it has been established that there are no outstanding County Court Judgments (CCJ's) registered against you at the above address.

We are highlighting this to you as a matter of urgency. If we need to start the legal process and a Judgement is awarded against you, this may have a damaging affect on your ability to obtain credit, both now and in the future, as a Judgement will remain on your credit file for six years and may affect your credit score.

A Judgment may have damaging affect on your ability to obtain credit, both now and in the future and may result in you being refused simple credit agreements, such as a mobile phone contract. A more serious consequence may be when applying for mortgages, credit cards or loans with acceptable interest rates, a CCJ registered against you will restrict the opportunities to get the most cost effective option available.

We are not seeking an immediate payment in full, we can offer many repayment methods that can be designed around your current circumstances, which may include possible settlements that will save you money. All we ask is that you make contact on 0844 249 9595, before 22 Sep 11. No contact by this date will result in your account moving forward to litigation.

Let's work on this together.

Please quote reference no xxx in all correspondence.

Any help in responding to this letter is greatly appreciated,

Many thanks in advance!

DawnS

Hi there,

Someone will be along to put you you right on this one.

Looks like just another letter designed to put the frighteners on.

whatever you do, DO NOT phone these people.

Had to have a little chuckle at the 'lets work on this together'bit

something not right here

what are crapest doing collecting over payment of a benefit?

something smells.

can you post up the history please

i'll move this to the benefits forum

where the more knowledgeable ones are!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't think that this is in relation to a benefit overpayment. I get the impression that the poster set up a £1 arrangement with Capquest when she became unfit to work.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Oh Cap One yet again!!!

Firstly, have you reclaimed any charges on the account? If you don't already have them, you will need to get all of your statements for the account by way of an SAR. This costs £10 and they have to send you your data within 40 days.

As for Capquest, personally, I would write to them and explain that if anything, you are now financially worse off than you were when you set up the agreement because you are no longer in receipt of ESA. Tell them you will continue to pay your £1 a month.

How old is this credit card? Have you ever asked them to supply a copy of your consumer credit agreement? (CCA)

If they can not supply it or supply an unacceptable copy then you can put the account in dispute, carry on paying your £1 a month and there is nothing they can do or say about it because in effect the account is unenforceable until they do produce your agreement. (Depending on when you took the card out).

If Capquest ask you for an Income/Expenditure you are not legally obliged to give them it. Your finances are your business and should stay that way.

Edited by huggys boss
added a bit :O)

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

double posted

Edited by huggys boss
double posted

moved to cap1 forum

how old is this cap1 debt?

did you ever CCA crappest?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

moved to cap1 forum

how old is this cap1 debt?

did you ever CCA crappest?

dx

The debt is at least 2 years old, I had to give up work for health reasons 2 years ago and had had the card a long time before then. Not sent off for a CCA, as I did run up the debt and feel that I should pay it back (eventually)

thren i'd sar them

knowing cap1

there are prob heeps of charges & hidden extras like CPP or even PPI there to reclaim.

dx

• Confused 1

and they

Asking for your CCA does NOT mean that you are trying to get out of paying your debt.

If they cannot provide a valid CCA (easier for pre 2007 accounts), then they can not legally enforce the debt and have to stop piling the charges on, giving you the breathing space to pay of whatever you can whenever you can without the worry and stress of DCA's chasing at your heels.

Also, if you were to claim back any charges they have added to your account, you might find that it will go a long way towards helping you settle this account.

• Confused 1

Your circumstances have not changed letter is one that you can just pen yourself.

Something along the lines of:

Thank you for your letter dated ....... The contents of which have been duly noted.

Please be advised that I intend to carry on making a token payment of £1 a month in respect of Acc No. ................

You have been quite happy to accept this arrangement for the past .............. months.

If anything, my financial situation is worse now than it was when I started making token payments.

Please do not try to intimidate me with further threats of legal action.

Yours Sincerely

PRINT YOUR NAME - DO NOT SIGN IT.

Edited by huggys boss
Blonde moment with regards the spelling of the word "noted" !!!!!!!

as for your SAR template, it is around here somewhere but I am damned if I can find the flaming thing, as soon as I do I will post the link :???:

• 3 weeks later...

Today is the 13th working day of my sending off for a CCA. I've had 2 letters back, one stating that Capquest needed my signature for their client, the second one stated that they are going to suspend my account for 28 days and that could I send them any correspondence that they have sent me along with proof of any payments.

Capquest have still not answered or fulfilled my request for the CCA, so what do I do now?

no sig not needed ignore

and if they dont know what they have sent me thinks tough luck!

give it a week more for the cca

then if no show stop any payments

dx

and they

nope

just list all your previous addresses

but you might have to sign the sar.

dx

and they

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE: Today I've received a letter from Cap 1 and Capquest. Apparently Cap 1 cannot send me a copy of my CCA as my 'signature does not match their records' (I didn't sign anything as far as I remember) and that 'it would be contrary to the Data Protection Act 1998' for them to 'not request a copy of your current signature'

Cap 1 then go on to tell me that they 'are unable to disclose personal information uless we are satisfied with the current identity of the requester' (I've lived here for 12 years and my name and address have not changed at all in that time) Cap 1 now need to see a 'copy of a document showing your current signature (this could be a drivers licence or passport). Please arrange for this documentation to be forwarded to us and we will be happy to assist you further'

I'm stuck now as I have neither, can they do this?

Many thanks in advance for any advice given!

Dawn

Edited to add that Capquest said they received the letter on 25/10, but I actually posted it way before that. Can I now put the account into dispute?

Edited by DawnS1970
More info.

Hi Dawn,

I too had the same problem with Cap1 and was advised they didn't need it. I was given some wording and this is what I sent to them:

I am in receipt of your letter to me dated ........., received by me on ..........., in which you have stipulated that you require proof of my identity/signature before you comply with my SAR. May I bring the following to your attention;

Data Protection Act Good Practice Notes:

2. Do you have enough information to be sure of the requester’s identity?

Often you will have no reason to doubt a person’s identity. For example, if a person with whom you have regular contact sends a letter from their known address it may be safe to assume that they are who they say they are.

Suffice to say that if the Information Commissioners Office are satisfied that if you have previously corresponded with me at this address, [as have three independent medical consulants and the Inland Revenue (copy letters enclosed)], then it is more than reasonable that I am the person I say I am, therefore there is no leglislation nor guidelines that you can hide behind in an attempt to avoid fullfilling my legal request. The 40 day time limit continues to run from date on which you received my subject to access request letter. You have a further 19 days to comply.

If you still fail to comply with my legal request, I will have no other option than to complain to the Information Commissioners Office & if my complaint is upheld you will be liable to a £5000 fine.

Yours faithfully,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The part in square brackets I added myself - didn't have to but wasn't going to give them any leeway to wriggle out of it. What they have done is hand this off to CapQuest to hound me and put me off my mojo in reclaiming charges.

I hope this is of help Dawn. Good luck!

Best,

Coffee:angel: