• Tweets

• Hey guys,   Have an update with regards this SAR claim.   Mum received this letter dated 24th of April on the 2nd of May....  bit cheeky giving her only a few days to submit to their fear tactics!! Also, nothing has been received with regards to the lost case against parkingeye hmm maybe due to their delays??   Hope all are well!!   Kind regards,   Screenshot_20240502_185546_WhatsApp.pdf
    • Similar to what you've said here, just get drafting up based on what's already been sent. The mentions of the CRA2015 will be key. post your draft up here and we can help tweak.
    • Yes, well done. If you have a look at post 9 of dbuk2000's thread there are links to other cases featured on the Parking Prankster's site  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/466177-ukpc-2x-windscreen-pncs-claimform-forgot-permit-appealed-res-parking-my-own-space-east-croft-house-86-northolt-road-south-harrow-ha2-0es-claim-dismissed/#comments Also have a read of dbuk2000's Witness Statement.  
    • PDF's now merged above... Plus extra redaction!
    • T911, Nick, thanks, I got there in the end! Without boring you with the details, it is precisely the most ridiculous cases that end up being lost - because the Cagger knows the other party's case is rubbish so doesn't do the necessary work on their own case. G24 are well aware of double dipping.  They have either done it deliberately or else have cameras which can't handle multiple visits to the car park which G24 happily leave malfunctioning so the £££££ keep rolling in. Sadly most people aren't like you.  I've just read various reviews for the Retail Park on TripAdvisor and Parkopedia.  Virtually all of them are complaining about these unfair charges for daring to spend time & money shopping in a shopping centre.  Yet no-one is refusing to pay.  They moan but think they have been fined and cough up. G24 are unlikely to do court, but it's not impossible with two tickets. Try to get evidence that you were elsewhere at these times. Often retail parks will intervene, but I've Googled & Googled and cannot find an e-mail address for the place.  Could the manager of one of your favourite shops give you a contact e-mail address for the company that run the retail park? Right at the moment I'm supposed to be teaching someone who runs two shops at the local shopping centre, but I'm not as he has had to go to a meeting with the company that runs the shopping centre, so I know for a fact that these business relationships exist!!!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Just Received A Default Notice - Advice Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to everyone on this site.

I have arrived here this a.m. after doing various internet searches looking for the exact service that this forum/group offers.

This came about as a result of a phone call which I and my partner received yesterday from the Banking Arrears Dept of Halifax PLC.

We have had financial problems over the past 4/5 years and the Halifax mortgage is in arrears and we have an overdraft of £1500 on a current account (agreed overdraft limit is £500). Most of this £1500 is made up of £39 and £28 fees/charges which I had refused to pay.

The chap from the Halifax basically wanted to get my partner to transfer £1500 from an account which she has been using to save money in for our sons education (we just don't want to touch it because it has been money given to him by family members for this specific purpose). She refused and he became quite aggressive to such an extent that she ended up in tears. I blasted this chap down the phone and basically told him to go and **** himself and slammed the phone down on him. Lo and behold he rings back later in the day (I am out at this time) and tells my partner that they will put a stop on the savings account unless she uses money from it to clear the overdraft on the current account. She told him that she wouldn't do anything without speaking with me first.

I was blazing when she told me. She was all ready for going to the local branch this a.m. and doing what they had asked. I said HOLD ON because I was sure that I had read about a young man who had successfully brought a case against his bank and won back these excessive charges.

After a few hours reading and researching here I am. And am I glad I found you!!

I am going after them with all guns blazing!!

You know what makes it worse? Both I and my partner used to work for the Halifax. I for 10 years and she for 25 years. This was back in the days when it was a Building Society and they dealt with customers on a personal basis and [edited: beware of potentially libelous comments, please] wasn't part of their daily routine.

I have had bank accounts with them for over 25 years and a mortgage account for 18 years and my partner has had savings accounts with them for 40 years and 2 mortgages with them spanning 30 years.

Yet they treat us like second class citizens because circumstances have meant that we have hit a bad patch in our lives. We are at rock bottom and they try and grind us even farther into the dirt by slapping these excessive charges on us.

Last year we had a Maxim Current Account with a Solo card (cheque guarantee card) and cheque book. Out of the blue they sent new cards which were Electron (not a cheque guarantee card) cards. I rang to ask why and was told that we had been downgraded to B class savers and we couldn't have a cheque guarantee card any longer! Nice way to treat customers of theirs of over 60 years standing between us!

About 4 weeks ago we had a knock on the door at about 7.00pm. It was a bloke from a debt management company based in Manchester who had been authorised by the Halifax to call at our home to fill in a financial statement because of the arrears on our mortgage. He came totally unannounced or invited. Who the hell do these people think they are. And do you know what? It was going to cost me £100 for the privilege. I am struggling with my mortgage payments and they send a total stranger out of the blue without any prior warning to spend 15 minutes filling in a sheet of paper and charge me £100.

I said no way am I talking to you and paying £100. He said "can I make an appointment for next week?" I said o.k. but had no intention of letting him come round. I sent him packing and at the start of the following week rang him to cancel the appointment. I thought that was the end of the matter.

Lo and behold the Halifax have debited my mortgage account with £100!

I rang their Customer Relations Dept and was held in a queue for over 10 minutes. She said that she would have to get a more senior colleague to contact me. I am still waiting!

And now here I am, having printed out all the FAQ's and other bits and pieces that I hope will be useful in my war against the Halifax. I now feel equipped to commence battle.

I am sorry if I have gone on and on. It has been of huge benefit just being able to have a bit of a rant.

Reading about all the success stories has given me a real boost.

Thanks to you all.

I wish you every success in going after them Markj.

You have certainly landed in the right place with the CAG - for advice, support and a good place to have a good rant!

Make sure you keep us updated on your progress. Loads of people on here with massive experience who will help you every step of the way.

Can't you withdraw the savings immediately and open a new account elsewhere to keep it away from their [edited: beware of potentially libelous comments, please] mitts?

Morris v Halifax

Data Protection Act letter sent 20/6

Charge deducted from account 27/6

6 yrs statements received 25/8

Prelim sent 30/8 (£1014 charges + £156.11 interest).

Std reply & complaints leaflet received 5/9

Offer received £70 9/9

LBA sent 12/9

No reply to LBA - MCOL requested 26/9

Offer received 26/9 - £218.

MCOL issued 26/9, acknowledged 29/9

Offer 29/9 - full amount ex. o/draft interest

Accepted as partial

Credited to account 12/10

AQ sent for rest

Morris1 v Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 31/8 (£60 charges + interest).

Standard reply 9/9

Offer 12/9 - full amount!! :smile:

Morris 2 v Barclaycard (Mrsbass!):

Data Protection Act letter sent 7/9

Standard reply received 19/9 inc statements 5/04 to date and microfiche bilge.

Prelim 20/9 £100+interest actual, +same estimated.

LBA 3/10

Partial offer £48 6/10

Hi neilbass

Thanks for your reply and advice.

I got straight onto the Halifax this a.m. and tried to get through to the idiot who had upset my partner. No such luck. I told the woman I spoke to that I was taking them to the Small Claims Court and therefore not to put a stop on the savings account. She said that she would put a note on the records confirming my conversation and to arrange for the stop to be removed (so it was on already!).

I'll ring again on Monday and as soon as the stop has been taken off we'll be closing the account and going elsewhere.

Chances are it will take more than one call to get the stop taken off!

Apparently the idiot who upset my partner said he would be ringing back today. I just hope he does and I'm in!

I'd like to see his smug face change when I spoil his plans by telling him I'm taking his company to court and that as a result he can take the stop off our savings account so that I can take the money out!!

Regards

markj1960

Good luck to you and your partner, although you won't need it!! Just follow the steps.

Halifax seem to be the biggest offenders for charges and don't care or sympathise with the fact that sometimes people do have periods of bad finance. They are the ones that make it worse and we are the ones who suffer! Well not anymore thanks to this website and the knowledge that we have gained. Halifax owe me roughly around £5,000 for the three accounts which I have had with them, and I WILL get every penny back with interest!

The feeling of knowing that YOU are in control for a change cannot be explained in words.

All the best to you both

Claire

Halifax plc - £1600 WON - received

Halifax plc - £925 WON - received

Halifax plc £370.00 WON - received

Yorkshire Bank - £1290 WON - received for boyfriend

Back to sort out Credit File and get back on track!

HAVE FAITH AND KEEP GOING :p

I think you need to write to the Debt agency and advise you are in dispute with the Halicrap over the fees and they owe you money. Therefore they should take no further action. Ask that no further person calls you and that all further correspondence to be in writing. Or you will consider it harrassment and pass it to trading standard and or the police.

Egg Data Protection Act Statements arrived. On hold.

Halifax - Moneyclaim £3100

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

I'm on a roll now :rolleyes:

You're quite lucky, believe it or not.

Under the rule of off-set, they could have just removed the money from the savings account and transferred it to your main account, and would have been totally within their rights to do so.... Obviously,the chap who spoke to you didn't know that :rolleyes:

Suggestion: In order to simplify your claim (what with the interest and so on), why not use the quite-low interest paying money from the savings account to pay off the sky-high interest taking of the unauthorised o/d, so that they can't hold calling it off as a threat over your head for one, and once you have your charges back, put it back in a lump sum with interest (8% APR!) in the savings account then? At the moment, they are making interest out of you both ways (the savings account pays out to you far less money than they make from you lending it to them, AND they're charging you o/d rates). So you're basically paying them for them lending you your own money you've already lent them elsewhere :-?.

The next thing is to make sure that you write to both the arrears dept and the mortgage people to let them know that the accounts are in dispute, so that they can't default you.

Keep us posted.

Markj,

Best of luck!! had awfull experience with Halifax. never had any problems with them untill there was a bit of a blunder at hubbies work, he had just started and his wages went into bank 3 days late!! By then all our direct debits were refused and we encured £900.00 charges in one month which snowballed to £1254.00.

Went into local branch to pleed for help, had toddler in pram and being pregnant thought it may work in my favour, explained that because of this we could not pay our mortgage etc. and I literally had £5.00 in my purse to survive on for the next month bla bla bla.

I was basically told that if I had of managed my account properly I would not be in this situation and I should of asked for help earlier.!!!

Well pardon me for not being able to see that we were going to have this unfortunate hic up.

After being made redundant we were just glad to have a regular wage comming into the house again!!!!

Same as you in my rage found this site and at the moment are at the stage where they have made an offer of £427.00 but they are sadly mistaken if they think I am going to accept this pittence!!

good luck Markj screw the Halifax

follow the steps and you should be ok

KBO

If you can't fight, wear a big hat.

Halifax... 2 successful claims....£518

CitiCards..... judgement and cheque (26/7/07) .... won £900

RBS business..... .....stay lifted reissued N1..... won £2105

Midland1 business.1996/1997.. first letter (27/6/07)....£1470

First Direct...... first letter (30/6/07).... £839.... stayed

plus another 13 banks/business/cc's to come for £10,000 plus.

• 2 weeks later...

I have looked through FAQ's but can't find the answer to the following:

Myself and my partner have just received a 'Default notice served under section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974' on one of our Halifax accounts.

It is asking us to pay £805.49 by 13th October or they will close the account and demand immediate payment or take us to court.

I have started the procedure to reclaim the excessive charges on this account and others by sending off a PDA request letter + £10 fee to them on 13th September.

Do I do anything about the Default Notices at this stage by writing to them telling them that I will be doing nothing as I am in dispute with them over this account and others or do I have to let them register a default against us and then make it a condition of any settlement later on that they completely remove it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You should make it very clear that the amount is formally disputed and that you are in the process of seeking a refund of charges on this account.

I would advise you to send this to their legal services department:

HBOS PLC

Legal Services - Retail Division

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Also, have a read of this thread

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 year later...

Hi markj2960

Just read your thread and just had to tell you what happened to me. The Halifax actually took £50.00 out of my daughters account which was her money not mine and used it to bring down the balance of my account. How disgusting is that. Took money out of a 10 year olds account which was how hold she was at the time.

The good news recently I took court action against Halifax for excess fees and they settled out of court and paid me £1, 293.00. I should really thank them because if 3 years ago they had not stole my daughters money I would never have took action.