Old Vodafone Debt

stumpy1976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Just received a lovely letter from Capquest stating that I owe Vodafone £500, now from memory this debt is at least 7 years old and I have had no contact from Vodafone regarding this debt for as long as I can remember.

Am I right in sending these people a "Prove It" letter or do I just send them a Statue Barred letter telling them where to go?

regards

Mark

Thread moved to the correct forum.

As long as they don't have a CCJ for the debt, and you have made a payment over the last 6 years then the debt is 'statuted barred'. But you must be satisfied that no payments have been made. You can send the Statuted Barred letter, or just ignore.

If you do send it, send it Recorded.

As rebel said if you are sure no payment or acknowledgement

in writing for 6 clear years the tell them it is statute barred,

and state clearly that no payment or offer of payment will be

made, send the letter RD.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I have been with my wife for nearly 6 years and at no point have I seen the light of day with this debt, I'll send the letter recorded as I'm 99.9% sure I have paid nothing nor acknowledged the debt in at least 6 years I reckon.

Thanks

I usually start by saying I do not acknowledge any debt

to you or any company you may claim to represent.

You should be aware that I am fully conversant with the Limitations

Act 1980 and the OFT Guidance On Debt Collection.

This alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED and NO PAYMENT OR

OFFER OF PAYMENT WILL BE MADE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.

I now require you to remove all and any entries on any

CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCY FILES.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi All

Just received a lovely letter from Capquest stating that I owe Vodafone £500, now from memory this debt is at least 7 years old and I have had no contact from Vodafone regarding this debt for as long as I can remember.

Am I right in sending these people a "Prove It" letter or do I just send them a Statue Barred letter telling them where to go?

regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

I'd be happy to take a closer look at things for you here to see what the status of the account is.

As such, could you email the details of the account in question by following the contact information in our pinned thread here? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. So I can make sure it's received could you update the thread with this and I'll come back to you as soon as possible?

In the event that this is Statute Barred we'll naturally take the necessary action to close matters off for you.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Nice to see you on the case Lee,

there seems to be a raft of SB old

Vodaphone debts surfacing at the

present.

Brig.

• 3 weeks later...

You know me Brig - I always try to be as on the ball as possible.

While there has been a few threads recently which on the face of things seem to involve accounts which may be SB'd I can only recall one case where it was deemed that the account was SB'd and as such the appropriate steps were taken to conclude the matter for the customer.

Unfortunately, in the instance of this thread I've no record of the OP having got in touch to enable us to detemine what the status of affairs is.

Lets watch this space.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK