Tax credit / change of circumstances advice please/paranoid.....

nurse.4
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, am desperate for some advice please!

I sent in my tax credit renewal 8 weeks ago now. Am still getting the same payments. Ive been ringing the office weekly only to be told that my renewal is still in the process of renewal.

I have had 2 compliance checks in the past 2 years which were closed and no further action but im paranoid that im being investigated again. The stress of having no money for 3 months while they checked paper work and questioned me was very stressful.

Am i right to feel paranoid? Am i likley to have random checks due to having being investigated a couple of times in the past?

Also, i have a change of circumstances to declare soon with regards to income,reduction of childcare cost and my boyfriend moving in so do i wait til renewal is completed?

I know i would need to make a new claim but would the outstanding claim put a hold on the new claim? Are new claims taking approx 3 months to be completed?

Im feeling so sick with worry. I dread dealing with tax credits. Find it all daunting and stressful :(

Also, i have a change of circumstances to declare soon with regards to income,reduction of childcare cost and my boyfriend moving in so do i wait til renewal is completed?

You need to tell them as soon as the changes happen.

I am in the same boat although i know that my claim is being "reviewed" with regards to childcare. I didn't notify them of a change to circumstances and claimed childcare element between April 10 - Nov 10. I sent my renewal in on 05 July and hasn't heard anything (other than being advised it was being processed when I called) until I received a letter advising me they had contacted my childcare providers they had on file.

I wrote to them and confirmed that there should have been no childcare between April - Nov and therefore I am expecting an overpayment of around £8000 (shocking i know).

But my dilema comes as my circumstances have changed since renewal (last week actually), I started a new job therefore I need to notify them. I am going to hang on just a little bit longer to wait for renewal to be finalised and then amend my circumstances. I am hoping from other posts that it won't take long - if it comes near the 30 day mark then I will just have to amend my award as don't want to receive a penalty on top of my overpayment!

Well my situation has just got even more bizarre and I don't know what to think :???:

As you know I was being "reviewed" with regards to childcare and I sent in full disclosure about 2 wks ago (estimated I owed approx £8000) and I presumed that this "review" was the reason my renewal hadn't been processed because I sent it in at beginning of July and then the childcare letter turned up 5/6 weeks after. Well...........checked my bank as normal this morning and an extra payment has been paid (more than I normally get per week by approx £10) so I called them and was advised that my award had been finalised and it had generated an extra payment and that my weekly figure has increased per week.

Now my question / worry is; what has happened with regards to the overpayment I have received?!?!?!?!? If my figures have gone up then it's obvious they are not taking any money back. Does this mean that they are going to recover it in a different way (prosecution etc?!?!?!?!?!?!).

In Nov my income changed and then again in January when we claimed benefits (IB JSA), which they were aware about. My renewal provided correct figures including earnings and also JSA. I have just started work and notified them yesterday of this so the figures they are using are the ones on the renewal as they won't have updated their system yet.