Help please

jules1977
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anybody helpme with a question?

I have just found out that my parents(in thier wisdom) have wrote to a company on my behalf (even though I did not know) and offered them a token monthly payment. Does this mean that they have now or can this be classed as me acknowleding the debt?

ty

J

I will need to dig out the relevant paperwork. If it is older than 6 years can they still say that I have accepted the debt, even though my parents wrote to them not me?

Thank you for your quick responses

I will need to dig out the relevant paperwork. If it is older than 6 years can they still say that I have accepted the debt, even though my parents wrote to them not me?

Thank you for your quick responses

If it is older than 6 years, then it will be stat. barred.... the payment from your parents will have had no bearing on that. Once an account is stat. barred, then it remains stat. barred... Basically, that means that no-one can collect on it anymore.

If you can find out and post back, we'll take it from there.... :-)

Thank you, Iam going to check with my dad, as he was the one that wrote to them. He offered them £5 per month but Im not sure if they even took him up on the offer. I will get back to you asap.

thanks again

Hi Just found out that they did not accpept the offer from my parents, infact they declined it. I have not paid anything for at least 6yrs.

Ok.... I've just thought.... was this (decined) offer made over the 'phone or in writing?

It doesn't make any difference to it's stat. barred status.... but if the offer was made over the 'phone, wait until they write to you and then send the stat. barred letter in the template library by rec. delivery. If the offer was made in writing and then declined, I'll find the stat. barred letter for you to send now.

Sorry... just re-read.... it was in writing. I'll find the letter and post back in a bit.

:-)

Edited by PriorityOne
re-read posts...

It was sent in writing to them. Is it true that MBNA have gone bust??

Ok..... here it is:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?20758-Creditors-and-DCAs-Letter-Templates-amp-Budget-Planner&p=162366&viewfull=1#post162366

Head the letter up with "I do not acknowledge any debt to your compnay"..... adapt it to your needs where necessary.... and send by rec. delivery. Make sure you keep the receipt.

I've not heard of MBNA going bust... no. Which company is chasing payment on this by the way?

Hi do you think that I should make them work a bit more by providing all statement of accounts and payments first? That was I will definatley no 100% that it it older than the 6 years??

It's for them to prove it's not stat. barred anyway.... not for you to prove it is. if they have any evidence that it's not stat. barred, then they'll send it to you, or we can submit a different kind of request.

No worries for now.... send the stat. barred letter above by rec. delivery and see what happens next. Do not have any dealings with them over the 'phone though. If they ring, just hang up or say "in writing only" and hang up.... 'coz people in this dirty little industry will say all sorts of cr*p to make you pay up but they're not so quick to put in writing.

:-)

• 1 month later...

Hi Iam needing two things if anybody can help me?

Firstly Iam needing a no access letter for unwanted door step visits and secondly i need to know if anybody has an e-mail address for Iqor debt colectors. These muppets have taken over an alleged debt because wescott couldn't deal with me!!!!

ty

Julie

Jules, have moved your post from the CPUTR thread ..

You can find draft letters in the CAGlibrary which is linked at the top of the screen. I am unable to help with the email address for IQor.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D