Engage Trying to evict me- Help+ lots of Fees to get back ! EVICTION STOPPED

Pupter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, what date is on the eviction warrant?

Did you fill in the budget sheet I affixed to an earlier post? we will need to send that in with the N244. Also, you need to pay the lump sum you have as soon as possible, this will help your case enormously as you will be able to affix proof of the payment to the N244.

I have affixed a N244 form in case you need one.

I will start to draft a statement to go with Q10 of the N244 form, below are the instructions for completing the rest of the form:

1.Your names

2. Tick Defendant

3. Suspension of eviction

4. No

5. Tick at a hearing

6. 15 minutes

Agreed by all parties: No

7. Write - Not applicable

8. District

9. Both Parties

10. Tick box for attached witness statement (I will send you the statement to go here)

Cross out all options except The Applicant Believes

Sign and cross out all options except Applicant

11. Sign and cross out all options except Applicant. Enter your address and contact details.

Do you have a printer at home?

n244_0400[1].pdf

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, what date is on the eviction warrant?

Did you fill in the budget sheet I affixed to an earlier post? we will need to send that in with the N244. Also, you need to pay the lump sum you have as soon as possible, this will help your case enormously as you will be able to affix proof of the payment to the N244.

I have affixed a N244 form in case you need one.

I will start to draft a statement to go with Q10 of the N244 form, below are the instructions for completing the rest of the form:

1.Your names

2. Tick Defendant

3. Suspension of eviction

4. No

5. Tick at a hearing

6. 15 minutes

Agreed by all parties: No

7. Write - Not applicable

8. District

9. Both Parties

10. Tick box for attached witness statement (I will send you the statement to go here)

Cross out all options except The Applicant Believes

Sign and cross out all options except Applicant

11. Sign and cross out all options except Applicant. Enter your address and contact details.

Do you have a printer at home?

n244_0400[1].pdf

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Those fees are added automatically and should be refunded. You need to fill in the N244 form and get a hearing allocated as soon as possible. You will have to go in front of the judge, don't worry it's like a company boardroom, you won't be in "The Dock" like you see on the telly.

Explain to the judge that the reason you want the eviction stopped is because of the automatically added charges to the account, a solicitor came to your door without your permission and they charged you for it, also you already had house insurance and can prove it. This added up, if the judge agrees is around £2000, is this correct?

You also want to add 8% in interest to each charge to be refunded from the day the charge was added until now. Pm me with a valid email address if you need a calculator to help with those., and I will send one on. So quick recap:

Get list of all charges automatically added to the account with 8% interest

Get details of solicitor you had to pay for sent by the mortgage company

Fill in N244

Fill in an income and expenditure form, the ones on the Citizens Advice Bureau website or National Debtline are the best

Only offer what you can realistically afford, do not leave yourself short on the mortgage payments in the future

Remember the Financial Services Authority declared that such charges are unfair and highly excessive. The basis of such findings are based on the same lines as unfair bank or credit card default charges which the Office of Fair Trading has concluded are legally unfair in terms of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations. In other words, a charge will not be fair if it exceeds a lenders actual administrative costs. It is possible to claim back mortgage penalties going as far back as 12 years.So get them back.

The team will pop in and out to help guide you

Hi and Thanks

Yes the fees add up to around £990 and then the insurance premiums charged are around at least £830 possibly more as I am trying to find out how far back they were charging me for those. I don't know how much they charged me for the solicitors visit but they say they are obliged to send them to me and I will be charged regardless of whether I spoke to him or not. I can find out tomorrow exactly what that charge was but there is a Field Agent visit fee quoted on their fee list which is £75+VAT so we are looking at around £2000 for all those things yes.

Those fees are added automatically and should be refunded. You need to fill in the N244 form and get a hearing allocated as soon as possible. You will have to go in front of the judge, don't worry it's like a company boardroom, you won't be in "The Dock" like you see on the telly.

Explain to the judge that the reason you want the eviction stopped is because of the automatically added charges to the account, a solicitor came to your door without your permission and they charged you for it, also you already had house insurance and can prove it. This added up, if the judge agrees is around £2000, is this correct?

You also want to add 8% in interest to each charge to be refunded from the day the charge was added until now. Pm me with a valid email address if you need a calculator to help with those., and I will send one on. So quick recap:

Get list of all charges automatically added to the account with 8% interest

Get details of solicitor you had to pay for sent by the mortgage company

Fill in N244

Fill in an income and expenditure form, the ones on the Citizens Advice Bureau website or National Debtline are the best

Only offer what you can realistically afford, do not leave yourself short on the mortgage payments in the future

Remember the Financial Services Authority declared that such charges are unfair and highly excessive. The basis of such findings are based on the same lines as unfair bank or credit card default charges which the Office of Fair Trading has concluded are legally unfair in terms of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations. In other words, a charge will not be fair if it exceeds a lenders actual administrative costs. It is possible to claim back mortgage penalties going as far back as 12 years.So get them back.

The team will pop in and out to help guide you

Hi and Thanks

Yes the fees add up to around £990 and then the insurance premiums charged are around at least £830 possibly more as I am trying to find out how far back they were charging me for those. I don't know how much they charged me for the solicitors visit but they say they are obliged to send them to me and I will be charged regardless of whether I spoke to him or not. I can find out tomorrow exactly what that charge was but there is a Field Agent visit fee quoted on their fee list which is £75+VAT so we are looking at around £2000 for all those things yes.

Have all those fees + charges been added into the arrears total they say you owe?

Have all those fees + charges been added into the arrears total they say you owe?

Hi

I've been filling in the N244 with your help- thank you, its a bit daunting. Got an eviction date of this Friday 19th now, do I need to now put that in the number 7 box where it says Give details of any trial date or period?

Also I can actually call them tomorrow and pay the £2000 over the phone but should I wait until they have written confirming they would stop the eviction if I do this? Otherwise they have our £2k, could still evict and we would then lost the chance to use that money to help us with a rental deposit or something? I am happy to pay it if you think it is ok to do it though.

Hi

I've been filling in the N244 with your help- thank you, its a bit daunting. Got an eviction date of this Friday 19th now, do I need to now put that in the number 7 box where it says Give details of any trial date or period?

Also I can actually call them tomorrow and pay the £2000 over the phone but should I wait until they have written confirming they would stop the eviction if I do this? Otherwise they have our £2k, could still evict and we would then lost the chance to use that money to help us with a rental deposit or something? I am happy to pay it if you think it is ok to do it though.

In No 7 you write Not Applicable (as the instructions in post 27). You need to hand the N244 in to court tomorrow if you are to get a hearing before Friday - are you able to do that? you will need to take the fee of £40 in cash. I have drafted a statement to go with the N244 and will finalise it once I know what you're going to do about paying the £2k - it would certainly look good to the judge if you do that. Are you on internet banking? if so you could print out the transaction and we can affix to the N244 so the judge will see that you have paid that amount before the hearing.

In No 7 you write Not Applicable (as the instructions in post 27). You need to hand the N244 in to court tomorrow if you are to get a hearing before Friday - are you able to do that? you will need to take the fee of £40 in cash. I have drafted a statement to go with the N244 and will finalise it once I know what you're going to do about paying the £2k - it would certainly look good to the judge if you do that. Are you on internet banking? if so you could print out the transaction and we can affix to the N244 so the judge will see that you have paid that amount before the hearing.

Just trying to work out if they have added them onto the arrears and I 'think' they have. But need an expert to confirm!

Can I pm you the figures because I am feeling a bit paranoid that someone from the company could be view these threads?

Just trying to work out if they have added them onto the arrears and I 'think' they have. But need an expert to confirm!

Can I pm you the figures because I am feeling a bit paranoid that someone from the company could be view these threads?

Yes, pm is fine. Can you also answer my last post

Yes, pm is fine. Can you also answer my last post

Have done as you said regarding Question 7- sorry to be such a dud, I was a bit confused. I can take the paperwork into the court and the £40 tomorrow morning. Yes I can pay the amount over the internet banking tomorrow and would be able to print it out and attach if you think it will help. Its just a shame I can't make the normal monthly payment in full til after Friday, but I could probably pay a bit of the monthly payment as well tomorrow if that helps?

Have done as you said regarding Question 7- sorry to be such a dud, I was a bit confused. I can take the paperwork into the court and the £40 tomorrow morning. Yes I can pay the amount over the internet banking tomorrow and would be able to print it out and attach if you think it will help. Its just a shame I can't make the normal monthly payment in full til after Friday, but I could probably pay a bit of the monthly payment as well tomorrow if that helps?

right so insurance premiums are being added to the arrears but admin arrears fees and legal appear to be just added to the balance.

Sorry another question, am I also going to make a point about them telling me not to bother attending the possesion order hearing and trying to get the SPO set aside?

I've filled out the Budget sheet you enclosed earlier in the thread now.

To be honest, you would have to prove that you were told not to attend the hearing - I don't suppose they put that in writing? Also, you would probably have to show that there might have been a different outcome if you had attended and in reality there wouldn't have been unless you could have paid the arrears off in full on the day of the hearing or something like that. However, we can mention it in your statement.

I need to know :

What was the reason for missing payments since the suspended order?

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Are there any children living at home?

At the moment stopping the eviction on Friday is the main thing.

I will affix the statement to this thread shortly, when you have answered the above. I will also give you the instructions for putting it all together for court.

Does your printer take photocopies?

Ell

To be honest, you would have to prove that you were told not to attend the hearing - I don't suppose they put that in writing? Also, you would probably have to show that there might have been a different outcome if you had attended and in reality there wouldn't have been unless you could have paid the arrears off in full on the day of the hearing or something like that. However, we can mention it in your statement.

I need to know :

What was the reason for missing payments since the suspended order?

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Are there any children living at home?

At the moment stopping the eviction on Friday is the main thing.

I will affix the statement to this thread shortly, when you have answered the above. I will also give you the instructions for putting it all together for court.

Does your printer take photocopies?

Ell

Ok I will leave the SPO bit. My printer does take copies. It is a joint named mortgage. I have three children under the age of 12, the oldest of who is about to start at secondary school, which we picked on the basis of living where we do because she can walk. If we have to leave here that is another issue I have now got to deal with.

There were several reasons why we fell behind, my husbands hours were cut at work due to the credit crunch, which are hopefully are about to improve. I was unable to work for several weeks due to a broken arm, had only just returned to work when my daugher contracted an illness which kept her off of school for several weeks, meaning I had to stay home and look after her. Also I had been working on a self employed basis too but that work had dried up also due to the credit crunch.

We always tried to pay as much as we could and some months were managing the whole amount, I also made a lump sum payment last January I think, when I had more money than usual available.

Ok I will leave the SPO bit. My printer does take copies. It is a joint named mortgage. I have three children under the age of 12, the oldest of who is about to start at secondary school, which we picked on the basis of living where we do because she can walk. If we have to leave here that is another issue I have now got to deal with.

There were several reasons why we fell behind, my husbands hours were cut at work due to the credit crunch, which are hopefully are about to improve. I was unable to work for several weeks due to a broken arm, had only just returned to work when my daugher contracted an illness which kept her off of school for several weeks, meaning I had to stay home and look after her. Also I had been working on a self employed basis too but that work had dried up also due to the credit crunch.

We always tried to pay as much as we could and some months were managing the whole amount, I also made a lump sum payment last January I think, when I had more money than usual available.