Late Payment Markers - Removal from Credit Report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

First of all, I hope I am posting in the right forum/subject if not please let me know.

I am in the process of reviewing my credit report as it is beginning to look like in the near future my girlfriend and I will be looking to apply for a mortgage and I have a few things on my credit report I'd like to clear up.

On my credit report (with both experian and equifax) it shows my HSBC current account (recently closed) as having 2 late payment markers showing one 2 seperate occassions. After some digging I found out that these were actually not a 'late payment' but actually on one occassion where a direct debit had been returned unpaid and another where a cheque had been returned unpaid - blatantly down to a lack of attention as I use one account for bills and another for day to day spending. Now I have written to HSBC regarding this however they have came back and said that they are well within their rights to do so (experian have confirmed this) but I really do feel like this is a mis-respresentation of my financial status - it's not like my accounts even went overdrawn, they wern't given the chance to do so!

It might also be worth mentioning I found one of these late payment markers before back in 2009, wrote to the bank and as a gesture of goodwill had it removed, however they now state they have done this once and can not be done again. I feel really frustrated as no other high street bank currently uses this practice and therefore it is unfair treatment by banking with them. Do I have any rights with regards to this? :|

At first I thought I might have found my solution on here but I have just realised defaults are different from late payment markers. I would really appreciate any help from anyone who has dealt with the same situation or knows someone who has.

Many Thanks in advance

Andy

Hi, This is not a misrepresentation of your

financial status,it is a true reflection of the

conduct of the account, if the bank has to return a cheque

or a direct debit unpaid because it would take the account

OD then it must be reflected in the credit report, as the report

has to be accurate.

The bank may relent once but if further instances occur then

they are obliged to record the true status of the account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I believe it to be a misrepresentation. If it said bounced cheque or returned direct debit I would accept this. But it does not. It claims I am '1 late payment' on my credit agreement.

Also I do believe it to be unfair as how can one high street bank conduct their reporting differently to another?? It has happened with my other bank account provider, and nothing has appeared whatsoever.

The simple fact is that if there are not enough funds

in an account to pay the DD or a cheque on the due date

it's a late payment as you say banks each have their

own rules, the next time if it were to happen with your other bank they

may well do the same.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: