csa???

Rach!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Out of curiosity, by end of next month I will know whether to keep trying with my marriage or give up(thats when my 3 month deadline for adultery is over). I filled in the CSA form and it stated that based on husbands earnings I should get just over £700 per month from him - Do I actually get this or does the government get it to cover my Child and Family Tax Credits? Its just when i went in to claim Income Support and discuss all my options as a single parent they said that any money I got from him would reduce my payment from them for Income Support but that if he offered to pay anything over £40 a week for the two girls then I was doing ok. No offence, he has cheated on me twice, hardly been around for me and the girls, moved his wages to another acct from our joint one without notice which left me scr*wed for my loans\credit cards etc as well as bills and groceries and stuff for me and the girls and all he has given me in the last 9 months is £1000. He has paid one electric bill and I have had to pay the others and the phone etc. Last time we spoke about divorce he told me he didnt want me to benefit from his wages because I was leaving him and he would set up trust funds for the girls. Now he is raving on about how his wages are going to increase significantly, that when he leaves the UK he will only manage to see the girls a couple of times a year unless I fly out to him (He would pay for me to go but then that means he has a free baysitter!), he will be claiming all his tax back from UK etc He even text me yesterday to say a company that offered him a job before have asked him in to talk about the job. He had previously told them he was looking for approx 120,000 a year and not to have to live in the EU. I know most of his colleagues are divorced and he definately doesnt want me to go CSA route but says its for my and he girls benefit cos we would hardly get any of the money he would be forced to pay. Thats a liquidised version of it, he has done worse than I have divulged here.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Guest ian cognito

The answer to your question is yes, despite what they say about making absent athers pay, this is merely a divorce tax, which is why the CSA won't persue cases fr working mothers unless asked and yet persue those with families on benefit automatically, they are only really interested in recovering the benefits. For example my husband paid the benefits equivalent of his ex-wife, her new husband, her other two kids by different fathers and of course - his daughter. What a fair system that is.

Worst case for scenario for you I'm afraid is that the csa will chae him for maintenance and set a figure based on a percentage of his salary, BA will reduce your benefits accordingly, he will go to work abroad and not pay, you will be in desperate financial position.

Sorry I can't offer any help or advice, if he's going abroad, perhaps you would be better shelving the divorce and hope he pays the bills!

if he wants to divorce you he will have to sort out your maintenacne through the court at the same time as residence.

you can apply for a maintence pending suit to pay bills now, have you continued to live with him for six months after finding out about the adultery?

why not start your own thread, here is a fact sheet link

Resolution- first for family law : Fact sheets

family law act

Maintenance pending suit orders. 7.—(1) Where an application is made to the court for the grant of a decree of judicial separation, the court may make an order for maintenance pending suit, that is to say, an order requiring either of the spouses concerned to make to the other spouse such periodical payments or lump sum payments for his or her support and, where appropriate, to make to such person as may be specified in the order such periodical payments for the benefit of such (if any) dependent member of the family and, as respects periodical payments, for such period beginning not earlier than the date of the application and ending not later than the date of its determination, as the court considers proper and specifies in the order.

(2) The court may provide that payments under an order under this section shall be subject to such terms and conditions as it considers appropriate and specifies in the order.

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

I'm in Scotland and its 3 months up here which is pants cos my husband currently works away most of the year so 3 months is not much time together. And he doesnt want to divorce me, its me wondering at his motives for wanting us to stay together. Wondering if its just for him seeing kids? Cos he would rather keep the marriage going till timescales are past for proving adultery? I believe he just needs to grow up and for some mad reason I still love him, and I hope that if I give him the chance to keep his family that he will take this as its meant to be - his LAST chance. But I havent had a chance to rebuild any trust and if he is just stringing me along and still b*llsh*tting me as he has for most of this year, then I will go for divorce on grounds of adultery as I was commited to the marriage and dont see why he should be able to do this to me and the girls and walk away scot free. He has too much of the wrong advise and horror stories from guys who are divorced (Every one of his managers in the offices worldwide, as well guys he meets on ships when working on them) and that is making our chances at fixing this worse not better. He is thinking of his finances and himself when he should be thining of fixing this mess and his daughters.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

• 1 year later...

wow i just looked through my threads and this one still isnt sorted.

both have now been put on new terms

and one has been told to pay £5 perweek not one payment recieved nothing done about it

the other has been told to pay 20 something per week not a single payment and still nothing done about it, sorry to bring up such an old thread, but have emailed, rang god knows how many times and still seems they dont care what happens.

what do you think i should do next?

"Innocent eyes see Fairies at the bottom of the garden"

~ Idunna Elemiah

Request the information from the CSA if you haven't already done so, I have attached a template below which I have used and got from UK Child Support Advice

I request my info about twice a year. It keeps them on their toes!!

I have never had to pay a fee to request the info.

The Child Support Agency Data Protection Unit

Room BP6002

DWP Benton Park View

Longbenton

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE98 1YX.

DATE:

Date of Birth : National Insurance Number :

CSA Reference No: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear sir or madam

Please send me the information to which I am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998. I request all computer and clerical records to which I am entitled, and would ask that the notepad sections of the computer files are dated.

If you need further information from me, or a fee, please let me know as soon as possible.

If you do not normally handle these requests for your organisation, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer or another appropriate official.

Yours faithfully

den3371:p

• 3 months later...
Guest Orwell72

I have read so many posts about fathers not paying and the issues that the CSA cause.

I am not out of work and have always paid the CSA but about a year ago the CSA wrote to me to inform me that I owed £1300 in arrears. I provided proof of payments made through my bank account going back several years.

Their answer: they sought a view from my ex who has decleared that these payments where not for CSA ( trust me I'm not going to give her money for any other reason) oh and the other point maybe that she was on benefits and I was paying direct I wonder if she had not declared these payments.

So they have placed a AoE on my wages and I am still fighting this having to pay I understand and support my children haveing to pay twice is a very tough pill to swallow.

If you getting a divorce, let the judge know he intends to move abroad, as this could affect how much of the settlement you get. Also you must on that wage have a mortgage and have equity in the house half that is yours too.

If you can go self-employed or get a small job you get all the child support , tax credit, child benefit earn some money and can get help with rent if needed. It sure beats living on benefit and you wil feel better about yourself.

• 4 months later...

oh i wonderd when i would come across a csa query ....

well all i can say is after the time ive had with csa id say what a waste and time of money .

ive had nothing but crap from them since they day i first ever had to be in contact with them ..and thats since 1998 and ten years on and im still having grief from them i am not going to explain it all its ten years of agony for me and ten years of story for everyone else i could be here allday all i would say is if anyone has any problems with the csa dont give up keep pestering till you get answers dont be fobbed off because if you leave it they will leave you and not in the slightest feel guilty ..... there are some that do feel for us i have spoken to many from the irish branch that feel the sevice given out and they way monies are worked out are pathetic,my current payments for my two children are 5.00 a week for my eldest child and 6 .00 for my second a week and i do not work i live with my partner who works all hours and brings my children up ( i do not work as im pregnant right now ) infact i will just shut up now its making me mad even thinking typing about the most pathetic goverment run agency ever .....damn i nned to ring them again lol :-(