• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

wescot .please help

maggie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maggie, you shouldn't get any more calls once they recieve the letter but if they do continue to phone you'll have a very good case for harrassment. If you can, record any calls, if not just write down dates, times and what was said, also any names given would be useful too.

Now that the letters sent you can relax, the pressure is on them to come up with the agreement.

I know your ill and it's easier to deal with things one at a time but here's something to consider for later. You mentioned you had other debts you were trying to pay off on a very limited income, perhaps you might want to investigate whether there are any unlawful charges included in them. It might make these problems get a lot smaller. You should get a nice confidence boost after putting wescot in their place so concentrate on them for now :)

thanks mutzi,

letter posted today ,recorded delivery.Yes i have had charges added to my Marshall Ward acc.,and my Fashion world acc.These 2 accounts are with D.C.A.,s as well.I have been finding it very tough to get the balance reduced on these,due to the :administration charges:I pay the £40.00 each ,per month to these other accounts as well,but the balance isn,t coming down on either of them,due to the charges.

I do feel a little better sending the letter off today to Wescott.Fingers crossed.Thank you all for your concern.Sorry i couldn,t post sooner,as yet another visit to my G.P. today

Maggie xx

cca letter request delivered today ,by recorded delivery to wescott,this morning.Just checked on Royal Mail site thru track and trace.

do the 12 days begin from today,for their reply.?

thanks maggie

also,had x_rays on my lungs today.I am soooooooooo scared to hear the results sometime next week from my g.p..i,m not looking for sympathy ,honest,just all your good luck,fingers crossed wishes.I,m shaking in my shoes,and i have butterflies upon butterflies in my tummy.

maggie x

cca letter request delivered today ,by recorded delivery to wescott,this morning.Just checked on Royal Mail site thru track and trace.

do the 12 days begin from today,for their reply.?

thanks maggie

Hi there. I am sure the 12 days begins from when they receive the letter. Hope your ok. I am still waiting on my reply.

17/4 Sent CCA Request to Cabot - Argos/Cabot

hi just wanted to reassure you that ive sent of the template for a signed credit aggreement .

we received a lovely letter from them today with my po of a £1.

I refer to your letter dated 15 june 06

as i am sure you will appreciate,Wescot acted in good faith based in this matter on the data provided by our client who forwarded details to us for collection .As we only administer the account on behalf we do not hold detailed information with regarding this account acount,however our client has contacted Wescot and informed us that a copy of the opening agreement is not available at this time .

The account has been closed on Wescot 's system and a copy of your complaint letter forwarded to our client the orrid lloyds .accordingly ,i return your payment for the supply of acc docs YOU SHOULD RECIEVE NO FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE IN RESPECT OF THIS ACCOUNT FROM Wescot

i hope this clarifies the matter to and concludes Wescot's involvement your satisfaction

the b****ds have made our life hell i know what your are going through follow the procedure they are quaking in there boots ,and they dont scare me know i even look forward for the post to come now .

send the letters refuse to action until they comply

may the cag site be with you !

I sent them a cheque for £1 and they have cashed it a few days ago but no contact as yet!! Fingers crossed!!!!!!!

17/4 Sent CCA Request to Cabot - Argos/Cabot

cando, thats an out and out lie from Westcot, they do "own" the account. They buy it off the company concerned.

The account of mine they bought off of Ikano was actually protected under an IVA! (so they shouldn't have) Funny thing was, Ikano had to "buy it back" off of Westcott :)

Maggie - Westcott as I am sure you are now fully aware, are a bunch of ignorant sh**es. If I ever won the lottery I would buy the company and sack 'em all. Maybe I would get an OBE for services to the community.

Don't let em get you down - its precisely what they want to happen. Let them threaten to take you to court - they won't because it'll get thrown out.

Look around on this forum - see how many times Westcot have taken legal action. AFAIK zilch, zero nada (but I stand to be corrected). I actually invited them several times to take legal action, for some reason they didn't - can't imagine why.

crispdust,

I agree with every comment you made about them.Thank you for your input,but at this moment in time,I am too concerned on awaiting a medical result to dwell on their nasty tactics,but if you do win the lotto and buy them out,may i stand by the side of you ,and grin like a cheshire cat,while you sack them all.It would cheer me up no end.

maggie

Maggie

I don't have any advice to give you as I just joined today myself seeking advice. I saw your title "wescot and came to have a look". I really feel for you like myself I am sick and I suffer badly with nerves and depression and everytime I get a letter from Wescot it sent me further into depression they have now passed me onto Fredrickson International Ltd funny I haven't seen their name mention on this forum. Like you my problem started with Fashion World it has been going on for 5 years. After watching Whistleblower last night on baliffs I feared the worst but reading some of these advice bless these people on this forum. I have been reading this forum for over an hour now and can honestly say I feel mentally stronger knowing there are ways to beat the bullies. Anyway hope your feeling better Maggie and believe me I know exactly how you been feeling.

hi spooky3,

You are in the company of kind,caring ,helpful people on this site.I have found this to be true over the last week.Try not too worry too much,any problem you share here,is shared by thousands of good people.Please don,t be afraid to ask for help ,from any of them.They ,and I ,will do all we can.Keep your spirits up,and don,t let the b--gg--s ,grind you down.

Hope you are feeling well today.

Maggie x

hI STONELAUGHTER.hOW ARE YOU?

I have received no telephone calls since the letter ,and they reimbursed £200.00 of my charges,which I accepted as part payment,but I haven,t been well enough since ,to follow on with the next letter.I received all my statements from them,and the total charges amounted to over £500.00.Now that I am improving healthwise(I am suffering with pluerisy at the moment),as soon as I am well enough ,I am going for their jugular.

By the way Stonelaughter,thanks again for the letters you composed for me,and if it is at all possible,could I call on your help again,if needs be,once I am well enough to go for gold.

maggie

I've had dealings with numerous DCA's over the years and at one point was physically sick every morning for six months. When I get one now, or one of my neighbours i immediately phone them, ask for a manager and quote the Administration of Justice Act 1970 S40 para a. I argue fiercely and authoritatively and demand a copy of the CCA. I then tell them any further contact will result in a complaint to the police and quote the Protection from Harrassment Act.

Doesn't work for everyone - you need to be firm, I will continue to respond to aggression with aggression. It's harder for them to keep staff who have to put up with the likes of me all day - ask my Wife!

Hi all,

Received following letter from Wescot this morning,in reply to my letter I sent them for a copy of the cca.

Dear Madam,

Further to your recent correspondence blah blah .blah,

We can advise you have not signed an agreement,therefore,a copy is not available in this instance,as no agreement is required to accept the goods.

In the meantime ,the account has been placed on hold,pending receipt of your monthly payments.

Please contact our client direct,concerning the above,should you have any queries.

Trust that this clarifies the situation.

Right,please can anyone tell me what i should do next,as Studio Gifts have levied administration and other charges on my account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks Maggie.