JSA and being sick

soundlab
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, little help please.

I had a sick period of no more than 2 days and missed a signing on day in March, and was sick in May for about 3 days and missed my sign on date. I know you're aloud 2 periods of sick during a year (or something like that) and if you are sick again and miss your sign on date that you have to sign off and make a new claim. I wasnt well on the day i was meant to sign on which was 19th July, and this being the 3rd time being sick i went into the job centre the following day (20th) and signed off, I told the lady at the front desk that it was my 3rd period of sickness and she told me i would be paid up until the date i put in my sign in card/booklet thing which i put as the date i was meant to sign on (the 19th).

On Friday 29th i got my P45 in the post saying my leave date was the 5th july (the last time i signed on properly). I then got a letter in the post today saying they can not pay me JSA as "I did not attend to sign my declaration"

Now, i was told i was to be paid up until the 19th july, is this actually the case? or will i get no money from 6-19th July

Hi

First of all make a call to the 'head office' and explain what happened.

They can give you proper advice re benefits you may be entitled to. I wouldn't bother with the jobcentre as they are just keyboard rattlers.

Also, make an appointment with cab as they collects information what's 'going on' and if neccessary they have solicitors they can get advice from if needed.

If you are ill often maybe esa would suit you but it depends on your level of sickness, how often and what kind of illness etc

The most important is to phone the head office asap as all benefits takes a few weeks to come through.

But i did sign off, when iv signed off before by doing the same thing (handing in my booklet to the front desk) the date on the P45 and the letter from the job centre always says the date i put in my booklet. That didnt happen this time

Anyways, i'm going to the job centre tomorrow, i'll see what they say, and see if i can do my rapid reclaim while i'm there

If you were due to sign on 19th, regardless whether you attended the JCP afterwards or not, your last payment date will be the 5th, the last time you signed.

As an added note (from a JCP keyboard rattler as Dizzynita calls us :roll:) you are allowed 2 separate periods of sickness, each up to 14 days. If for example your date of claim was 01.10.10, you are allowed 2 periods of sickness between 01.10.10 and 30.09.11. Anything longer than 14 days, then you need to make a claim for ESA.