Beware Newman Debt Collection Agency ebay 'debt'

macatac
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son today recieved a letter from Newman debt collection agency, stating he owed over £70 in unpaid ebay fees. However, my son knows he owes nothing to ebay, and he rang ebay regarding this. Ebay told him he has a good credit status and owes nothing, telling him to ignore any letters he gets from this company.

Ebay actually told my son that they owe him 11p, Newmans said he owed ebay £75, ive told him your suggestions. Ive also asked him if he can get ebay to send him some kind of confirmation that he owes nothing, and also, if they did or did not get Newmans to contact him in the first place.

• 2 months later...

I had a series of letters from newman about fees owed to Ebay. I called and paid the amount, £116.26, stated on the letter without checking my account for the exact amount as I thought the figure was about that. Stupid, I know. Then I decided to check my account and I owed only £99.26 to ebay that I could have paid direct to ebay. I re read Newman & Co's letter and it stated that I owed £115.26 in ebay fees - WRONG - it was £99.26 to ebay and £16.00 to them. I checked with ebay and they confirmed that I owed the lesser amount so I called Newman's and after speaking to an operator and telling them that the letter was incorrectly worded, she spoke a supervisor who agreed to refund me. I've spoken to Newman's today and they confirmed that the payment had been agreed and would be with me tomorrow. What are they up to?

• 2 months later...

i have had the same thing with newmans, paid ebay fees 30th november direct to ebay the received phone call of newmans on the 1st december to say i had to pay told them i had already paid, end of phone call.

then 8th december get another phone call from newmans saying i owed £8 as i had only paid £30 in fees told them there were wrong i had paid it all

it turns out that the £8 is their admin fee do i have to pay this as i had already paid ebay before the contacted me

thanks

i have had the same thing with newmans, paid ebay fees 30th november direct to ebay the received phone call of newmans on the 1st december to say i had to pay told them i had already paid, end of phone call.

then 8th december get another phone call from newmans saying i owed £8 as i had only paid £30 in fees told them there were wrong i had paid it all

it turns out that the £8 is their admin fee do i have to pay this as i had already paid ebay before the contacted me

thanks

See the answer in the post above yours.