Tmobile PAC code problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter terminated her contract with Tmobile and 1 day before the termination date phoned for her PAC code but was informed this could only be supplied to the account holder. Assuming we had registered in my name we called again, unfortunately this was 1 day after the contract was terminated. At this point it was confirmed that my daughter was in fact the account holder but now the account was closed we could not have the PAC. We explained the situation regarding the previous call and were told they could reactivate the account for 30 days and give us the PAC but this of course would incur a 30 day charge. We objected to this as it was not our fault that the request was taking place after the account was closed and they agreed to refund the charge. They then passed us to the account closures to get the PAC. Account closures said they could not reopen the account and gives us the PAC. To get to this point took 3 phone calls and over 1 hour on the phone so I asked for a manger to contact me so I could complain about the service. The manger accepted my complaint (Good of him!) but told me it was illegal to reopen an account just to issue a PAC.

Does this sound correct or am I just being fobbed off? My daughter has given up on keeping her number I just want to try and find out if I'm being told truth or just spun a line.

Thanks.

HI there,

You need to call ofcom they will you the correct information. they are the telecom regulators.

The procedure is you need to give one month notice for termination and request for PAC at the same time. so you got one month to port the number to another network.

My opinion on this is that you simply left it too late. 1 day is insufficient to request a PAC code, and subsequently port the number. To my knowledge, the account would have had to be kept open until such a point that the number port completed, hence why you request at the time of cancellation.

Thats not to say that they acted correctly, but realistically you left it to the point where you couldnt really have sorted this out anyway.

Of course, I await to be corrected :D

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

The PAC process cancels the contract at the same time that your number ports, with no need for any aditional cancelling. I'm sure you know that now with 20/20 hindsight.

It would be nice to have confirmed in writing what the manager stated.

Follow this advice here and write to them. Be assertive and tell them what you want. If your daughter has given out her new number etc, you could always ask for the old number on a PAYG sim so she can recieve her messages. It is much easier for someone to "Fob you off" over the phone than put something in black and white.

Please let us know what they reply.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 1 month later...

Hi Keith123

I was wondering if you had any luck obtaining your PAC code? I experienced the exact same problem yesterday and the treatment I received from T mobile was a disgrace. After 5 LONG phone calls, I have been given conflicting information from 5 different members of staff. When I questioned why the advice is conflicting, they are not willing to take any responsibility, they simply say 'oh I can't answer for other people' I am so angry and upset. My day yesterday was completely ruined. I've had the same mobile number for the past 13 years and I just want it back. When I asked to speak to a senior manager, halfway through the call he cut me off and I had to go through the whole process again!!!

Please tell me you had luck in the end?

Karen