Devere Group, who are these people searching my CRA file?!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just been reading through my credit report which I obtained yesterday.

I was browsing through the section where you can see who has credit searched you and I found the following had searched me;

Credit Search Quoatation 16/6/11

STB PLC - Retail

Google tells me it is a Nigerian Financial Company part of the Devere group.

I dont know a lot about Credit reports, does anyone know who they are, why they are searching me and are they allowed to just search peoples credit files??

Hi Melbel

I would contact the company that you checked and ask them to remove that based on the fact that it's unauthorised

Plus if you Google the Devere Group you'll find the FSA is investigating a [problem] involving over 49,000 people

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

ohh, thank you for that info, I will definitely do that.

I'll keep you updated.

While Im at it, a DCA acting on behalf of a Company that I have debt with have recently searched me before sending out a new onslaught of threatening letters after a quiet period. Is this the norm?

ohh, thank you for that info, I will definitely do that.

I'll keep you updated.

While Im at it, a DCA acting on behalf of a Company that I have debt with have recently searched me before sending out a new onslaught of threatening letters after a quiet period. Is this the norm?

You'll find that in most contracts there's a rider that allows searches to be carried by the OC or any one working on thier behalf

R

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Something deffinately doesn't seem right

The FSA report and other news for the Devere Group is written on a page that has the Group details at the top . . same as the home page ? ?

R

Maybe not . . found this on the FSA website under "Press Releases" . .

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/172.shtml

Edited by Revenant
Link added

Re your Credit File contact them and the reason you want the entry removed is . .

1/ Unauthorised search by a company you've had no dealings with

2/ The company concerned is undergoing an FSA investigation

R

Ok, I will write to Equifax, I tried doing it online but is too damn complicated for my brain lol.

I'll contact them via snail mail, at least that way I can keep a record of postage too.

I have had a reply from Equifax (if you can call it that)

Thank you for getting in touch.

Stb Plc - Retail

''These searches are Credit Search Quotation searches and carried out for reasons other than a credit application. As they are not seen by lending companies we do not contact the company regarding this information. These searches have no impact on your credit rating.

You’ll find more information about your credit report at: http://www.equifax.co.uk/help. If you have a question, you should find the answer in our FAQ section. If not, you can send us an online query, and attach your documents to it - no need to worry about them getting lost or delayed in the post.

I hope you find this useful. If there’s anything else we can do for you, please let us know''

Obviously Im not happy with that at all! it doesnt tell me anything!!

I have replied, asked for the details on this Company and asked what exactly a Credit Search Quotation is.

It is not good enough telling me what I already know, they need to explain who and why.

Have you made any inquiries regarding any kind of credit or insurance facilities

on line recently?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I done some advanced searches but can't find ant thing

untoward about the companies, going to use a dedicated search engine

I use for work, relating to Nigerian ''business'' activities.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Just had a look there is a connection with a world wide S**m concerning the misuse

of Devere name, also connected with the Bernie Madhoff rip off.

As this is an unrecorded search, that may have connections it's worth reporting it as such.

On the open search engines there are numerous pages relating to this Google Devere ''S**m.

Brig.

You will see in one of the items that the Phrase''any one one with an e-mail address anywhere in the world con be targeted''

I had one such e-mail recently, but I was alerted to a search request as I use the CRA's professionally as well as privately.

The will be looking for possible victims who might want to handle ''transfers'' of huge sum of money of a ''distressed Nigerian''

business man who needs to get money out of the country.

I have no doubt that among the man thousands of people in the UK alone who never check

CRA files there will be a huge number of such searches and e mails.

did you notice the number of spelling mistakes on the STB site?

If it was genuine I think even in Nigeria it would be corrected.

Mel, check your loft, theyve probably moved 15 illegals in there, 3 of which will be pregnant and hoping to receive free NHS treatment.

Seriously, you may get some e-mails with poor spelling with a zip file attached, this is the way they try to get into files on your pc.

Just be a little more vigilant over the next weeks

There are hundreds of links and comments about Devere Group,

but I doubt that they are much use from your point of view, the search it's self is not damaging,

but I think you are in the right if you demand it's removal due to i'ts doubtful origin, the CRA's

should be aware or the Nigerian ''situation'' and act accordingly.

So personally I would write a ''Private & Confidential '' letter to the compliance manager

demanding removal on the grounds of suspected fraud, and state that searches from that

organisation should not be permitted.

I've done this in the past when I was targeted by a DCA that registered a large number of searches on my file

after I had challenged them on behalf of a third party and won, they cannot now search

any of my files.

Lol bazaaar.. i wondered what them noises were...

Brig, I will do.. mainly because i'm annoyed at the blase reply I received, I asked them in the first instance who these people were and they haven't answered my question, if they are allowing these people to search our credit file then they should be prepared to explain who they are and why.

Im awaiting outcome from my email asking for their details and ill send a letter out as you advised.

Hi Mel, let us know the result please.:madgrin:

brig.