sportizus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can anyone help me please? I bought what i thought was an original signed lethal weapon poster about 7yrs ago from sportizus, i recently had it valued to be told it is a fake but have found out the guy who owned and verified the certificate a mr ...has got a new company selling the same items.

Is there any way i can get my money back? thx

Hi, can anyone help me please? I bought what i thought was an original signed lethal weapon poster about 7yrs ago from sportizus, i recently had it valued to be told it is a fake but have found out the guy who owned and verified the certificate a mr ...has got a new company selling the same items.

Is there any way i can get my money back? thx

Tricky:

Is the company Spotizus still running... if no, probably no.

plus you need to prove that he knew it was a fake.

What you could do is report him to trading standards as selling fakes...

they may investigate, and if they find what he is selling now are fakes, then he is in trouble.

... probably no.

plus you need to prove that he knew it was a fake.

What you could do is report him to trading standards as selling fakes...

they may investigate, and if they find what he is selling now are fakes, then he is in trouble.

Exactly .... except that the allegation might not be so easy for Trading Standards to prove. Trading Standards are entitled to form an opinion; convictions are achieved by way of a court of law, due process etcetera.

In the mean time, you could rather be sued for defamation and so could the proprietor of an online forum, for publishing the gossip.

When the culprit is convicted, a Magistrate (or County Court) may award a compensation to a victim.

An unhappy buyer may in any case plead to a seller to reimburse. It is possble that a seller was not aware an item is a fake.

Mind you, the false description of goods for sale is a strict liability criminal offence. A seller's responsibility is to be sure that the goods are good. Ignorance is no excuse.