• Tweets

• Ok, so just been to see my friend, she still has her head firmly in the sand and had a pile of unopened post, thankfully nothing serious apart from this case!    In answer to your question it says N24 General Directions Order at the bottom of the page, then on page 2 where the line says "As a result of an order made on the 1 May 2024, this claim has been transferred to the county court at ##### (friends local court) " this is N271 Notice of transfer of proceedings.  Within the stack of letters I found 2 from Kearns Solicitors,    02-12-2022 Document pack with covering letter stating under the s78 CCA please see enclosed  1) A copy of the executed Credit Agreement, 2)  A copy of the terms & conditions 3) A copy of the varied terms & conditions applicable at termination / assignment, and  4) A statement regarding the conduct of your account as requested by s78(1)(a) to (c)  (Would you like me to describe the documents attached?)   18-02-2023 Generic letter asking for her to contact them to discuss settlement or they will take to court for further legal action. 
    • well you made the cardinal sin by phoning these scammers at least once so their persistence could go on. however you are new so there you go. you never ever ever phone any of these likes of scammers on these fake schemes that seem plausible.  just like a DCA chasing any old debt .. they are NOT BAILIFFS and have  ZERO legal powers to actually do anything. dx  
    • Okay understood now just based on personal experience how long does this go on for 
    • civil recovery schemes run by the likes of RLP DWF etc etc are a scam. totally IGNORE EVERYTHING. no if's or but's dx  
    • I’m 17 years old and Received 2 letters from dwf with my name spelt wrong and they are asking for for £230.40. I rang dwf civil recovery the first time upon taking advice from citizens advice to explain to delay to deadline as I was in the process of receiving advice which wasn’t much help. When that deadline was done I then called again to delay the deadline as I’m struggling financially and it’s lot of money they are asking for and I tried to dispute the cost to which they said okay we will delay it another 7 days for you to dispute the cost but I asked them how do I dispute this to you or Sainsbury’s and they said “we can’t advise you on this matter” I’ve read a lot of threads saying to ignore them but I was unsure now as I’ve made contact and have tried to dispute the payment and pay it which might mean I have admitted. Would they just persist harder and take me to court eventually or file for a ccj.   I would like to ignore them still but I would like to send a strong email so they know I’m clued up and then ignore them. I also want to pay the reasonable amount and get this matter solved. any advice on the law or similar situations are helpful when I called them I asked for an itemised bill. £101 stolen goods  ( supposedly caught me because they watched me on cctv over the duration of the week) also why did they not stop me in the first day. £20.40 recovered goods £150 security costs     Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Can anyone help me make sense of this ?

clairedcat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know where I can get accurate info regarding how medications interact with each other.

Bit of a long story, will try to keep it brief !

My partners grandma is 69 yrs old and has suffered severe mental health problems for the last 20yrs.

She has been diagnosed with alsorts over the years, schizophenia, severe depression, paranoia, bi-polar

and every sort of mania you can imagine. Some of these have been undiagnosed, then diagnosed again.

(No wonder the poor woman is suffering !)

During this time, the vast amount of medication she's been prescribed has been increased, decreased,

halved, doubled, stopped, restarted, well you get the picture.

My partner and I have recently started looking after her and her quality of life is appalling. She is taking

quite a lot of very strong tablets and seems to suffer every possible side effect to extreme proportion, as

well as still having the symtoms these tablets suppose to help with.

To be fair though, whenever asked by medical staff she says she's ''fine''.

Having said that, she has a CPN and various other people who help her at home, who have witnessed

the way she behaves, but all they say is they dont know what more they can do, and put it down to her

medication.

We have arranged an appointment with the consultant for a medication review. In the meantime ive

tried researching her medication. Some websites say that one drug shouldnt be given with another and

other websites say the opposite etc etc, it's so confusing.

I dont want to go in and tell the doc how to do her job, I just want some decent background knowledge

of what these drugs taken together are doing to her (if anything)

Most people wouldnt even let an animal suffer the way she does. Im also keeping a diary of symtoms

and possible side effects. Medically she also suffers from Angina, high blood pressure, high cholestrol

and acid reflux, oh and a bad back.

The tablets she takes are :-

Adalat (nifededipine) - one 30mg tablet once a day and one 60mg tablet once a day.

Trazadone - 100mg at night.

Ramipril - 5mg once a day.

Chlorpromazine - one 50mg tablet twice a day and one 25mg tablet twice a day.

Simvastatin - 40mgs at night

Atenolol - 50mgs once a day.

Lanzsoprazole - 30mgs once a day.

Olanzapine (zyprexia) - two 10mg tablets at night.

Venlafaxine (Rodomel & alventa) - 150mg once a day

Asprin - 75mg daily

Paracetamol - two 500mg tablets 4 times a day.

Tramadol - 50mgs 4 times a day.

I dont know what else to do other than take her to the consultant. If anyone knows where I can get

more info one how the tablets interact, or even advice in general how to handle this situation id be very

grateful :|

There seems to be a lot of websites which offer this kind of thing - for instance http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

You could buy yourself a bnf which is the British nursing formulary as I used to be a student nurse I have one but it is a few years out of date. You can acquire a copy from whsmiths to have a look but an expert opinion is probably the sensible option without causing you offence. Hope that helps

I dont want to go in and tell the doc how to do her job, I just want some decent background knowledge

of what these drugs taken together are doing to her (if anything)

It won't be telling her how to do her job by voicing concern for ther health. All you have to say is that she isn't very well and as the drugs have increased over the years, you were wondering if there was any that are reacting with another that is making her as she is.

thankyou bankfodder and yorklass, youve both been really helpful, will check out both suggestions. Total nightmare really, my partner was under the impression his

grandma was been well looked after by his mum and everything was under control, turns out it's progessively got worse and his mum's ''few drinks at the end of the

day'' turned into few at beginning, middle and end. But im sure she'll not be first or last to buckle under the strain. Let's just hope we can get his grandma's long term

care sorted. the medication just seems to be tip of iceburg. I hazard a guess this may well be just the start. I really apprieciate both replies so far, but any advice on

how to access any services to help would be welcomed. I really am a bit naive with this. Thanks again !

Thats why I stopped the mental health medication some years ago for me when realised it was not recomended with my epilepsy meds. Have found it hard to trust what given since then so hoping when put on new meds they will check it is safe for me. Must admit though it is amazing when you read the side effects of some meds to help a conditon, some of the side effects seem to contradict the benefits as in even down to an asthma med, it can effect asthmatics on the negative in some cases, suppose they have to cover their backs xx

Good to hear you are looking in to the issue proactive for your family member, hope you get it sorted and feel confident you have done all you can, you appear to me a very caring person, good on you for that xx :)

Statins have been shown to have no benefit at all to mortality in women, are known to cause memory and neurological deficits in the elderly and lower cholesterol has been found to be associated with a higher risk of stroke, and statins with damage to heart muscle. Find out what her total cholesterol is - it may be it isn't that high. What is considered high cholesterol has been consistently lowered with no scientific basis whatsoever. This may be one drug she can get rid of.

http://www.spacedoc.com/women_statins.htm

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/toxic-article/statin-therapy-decreases-myocardial-heart-function

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/statins-adverse-effects-reports.html

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/statins-[problem].html

Also, does she really need the paracetemol - she's on a much stronger painkiller, and that's a lot of load on her liver - if at all possible she shouldn't be taking paracetemol long term.

Also what does she eat? Malnutrition is very common in older persons and it can be that they are missing certain vitamins, minerals and macronutrients or having these things robbed by an overly processed diet. Also reactions to gluten can cause neurological and mental health issues. This is a great blog on mental health issues and gluten. Unfortunately, GP's only firefight and most of the time don't look to the possible underlying causes of things in diet, lifestyle and environment

http://evolutionarypsychiatry.blogspot.com/2010/09/woe-is-wheat.html

http://evolutionarypsychiatry.blogspot.com/2011/02/more-on-wheat-and-serious-mental.html

Be aware that GP's are often resistant to the removal of medications - and are not up to date on the most current research.

I'm sure your local chemist can give advice. There is something called yellow card (I think) which is a website. You can report any side effects which aren't listed in leaflet you get with the medication.

Must admit though it is amazing when you read the side effects of some meds to help a conditon, some of the side effects seem to contradict the benefits

Indeed. I was given some medication for a mild allergic reaction. One side effect was "may cause a rash" - exactly the thing I wanted to get rid of!

Also, does she really need the paracetemol - she's on a much stronger painkiller, and that's a lot of load on her liver - if at all possible she shouldn't be taking paracetemol long term.

WHO analgesic ladder ?

if anything i'd be looking at reducing / removing the tramadol

what is clear is that the lady needs a comprehensive medication review

also as Nystagmite points out the lists of side effects are very hard to actually make sense of as sometimes changing symptoms of the problem the medication is being taken for are attributed as side effects of the medication ...

beware some of the stuff aobut 'food intolerances' etc becasue it's often from people like 'that awful poo women' Ms McKeith ...

WHO analgesic ladder ?

if anything i'd be looking at reducing / removing the tramadol

Surely this depends on the level of pain and what alternative pain relief is an option. Just because someone needs a stronger painkiller, doesn't mean they still need to take the weaker analgesic as well, and she still may need a strong pankiller. Though I agree that tramadol has significant side effects and would be interested in what was tried in between tramadol and paracetemol, and whether any non pharmacological alternatives had been tried.

Just to add on a different point. A work colleague's grandmother had been said to be close to death, she was admitted to hospital and an enlightened doctor took her off all the medications - she recovered so quickly it made the family's heads spin.

Surely this depends on the level of pain and what alternative pain relief is an option. Just because someone needs a stronger painkiller, doesn't mean they still need to take the weaker analgesic as well, and she still may need a strong pankiller. Though I agree that tramadol has significant side effects and would be interested in what was tried in between tramadol and paracetemol, and whether any non pharmacological alternatives had been tried.

Just to add on a different point. A work colleague's grandmother had been said to be close to death, she was admitted to hospital and an enlightened doctor took her off all the medications - she recovered so quickly it made the family's heads spin.

you do not remove paracetamol just because someone is taking a 2nd or 3rd step analgesic,

polypharmacy is an issue and sometimes a dramatic reviewof medication and a 'year zero' approach is what is needed...

you do not remove paracetamol just because someone is taking a 2nd or 3rd step analgesic,

polypharmacy is an issue and sometimes a dramatic reviewof medication and a 'year zero' approach is what is needed...

This depends on your view of the toxicity of paracetemol, but I've said what I thought, I won't get into this further with you.

Apparently, she was prescribed paracetamol for general wear and tear on her back. Considering she worked 3 cleaning jobs most of her life Im not surprised she had

back ache. When her mental health, according to her Doctor, got worse, she became almost house bound. She gets no exercise, even though I cook healthy low fat

meals for her, she is overweight. She was then prescribed tramadol due to her back getting worse. Nothing was given inbetween.

We have arranged the medication review for 3rd of August. Ive been very grateful for everyones comments and advice. When Ive looked at the drug interactions the

evidence is shocking, it's extremely complex and im far from stupid. Does anyone know if I could request a toxicologist and dietician to get involved as I also think her

medication needs a serious review. I think changes to her diet and maybe some light exercise would also help.

Thanks leemack, So maybe a dietician would be a good idea once her medication has been sorted. Just dont know where to start really. Thinking of keeping a diary

until she has appointment so consultant can see how poor her behaviour and general wellbeing have become. Maybe this will help the consultant be a bit more

receptive to the effects of her medication and other possible factors. In general the anti psychotics and anti depressants do not seem to be controlling her

symtoms. She does however seem to have almost every side effect of them alone and side effects stated when they interact.

Hi,

Just a quick glance at your grandma's meds and I saw she is taking trazodone and tramadol, I had the most horrendous experience after taking both of these together (woke up in the middle of the night on the bathroom floor confused, foggy headed, sweating but freezing, horrible). I take trazodone all the time and the tramadol was the only change when it was prescribed for pain. I've recently seen another GP for something else and he was suggesting tramadol and I said 'I can't take that because I'm on trazodone' and he didn't say I was wrong (or right to be fair, but did find an alternative).

Have you looked up serotonin syndrome? You may be able to pinpoint some of the meds that are causing problems like this. Also, I would definitely ask for a meds review. In the meantime, have you thought of going to a chemist and asking to have a chat with the pharmacist and asking them to look over the list and see if any interactions stand out that you could then go to your GP with? I think all Boots pharmacies have a little booth now where you can talk in private to the pharmacist.

I hope that your grandmother's meds are sorted and that her quality of life improves, it must be very difficult for both of you,

Pixy

Just read the whole thread and just a point on the jumping from paracetamol to tramadol question. Mostly if paracetamol isn't cutting it for pain GPs tend to prescribe one from the NSAIDs so things like Ibuprofen, diclofenic but my mum can't take these because she is on warfarin and because of some of her heart medication. She was also prescribed tramadol as a first option when paracetamol wasn't helping severe toothache (she had a bad reaction to it too and became so confused she thought she hadn't taken a dose then took another...). I can't take painkillers like codeine because it causes constipation and I have diverticular disease and have to avoid constipation otherwise it flares up badly...particularly when you have a range of medical problems it can be hard to find a painkiller that is effective that doesn't interact with another or make an existing condition worse.

I hope they find the right balance for her,

Pixy

Thanks leemack, So maybe a dietician would be a good idea once her medication has been sorted. Just dont know where to start really. Thinking of keeping a diary

until she has appointment so consultant can see how poor her behaviour and general wellbeing have become. Maybe this will help the consultant be a bit more

receptive to the effects of her medication and other possible factors. In general the anti psychotics and anti depressants do not seem to be controlling her

symtoms. She does however seem to have almost every side effect of them alone and side effects stated when they interact.

Many dieticians are stuck in the old dogma so be careful with who you pick - a good one won't want to limit good fats - and as most vitamins are fat soluble, this is important.

Hi,

Just a quick glance at your grandma's meds and I saw she is taking trazodone and tramadol, I had the most horrendous experience after taking both of these together (woke up in the middle of the night on the bathroom floor confused, foggy headed, sweating but freezing, horrible). I take trazodone all the time and the tramadol was the only change when it was prescribed for pain. I've recently seen another GP for something else and he was suggesting tramadol and I said 'I can't take that because I'm on trazodone' and he didn't say I was wrong (or right to be fair, but did find an alternative).

Have you looked up serotonin syndrome? You may be able to pinpoint some of the meds that are causing problems like this. Also, I would definitely ask for a meds review. In the meantime, have you thought of going to a chemist and asking to have a chat with the pharmacist and asking them to look over the list and see if any interactions stand out that you could then go to your GP with? I think all Boots pharmacies have a little booth now where you can talk in private to the pharmacist.

I hope that your grandmother's meds are sorted and that her quality of life improves, it must be very difficult for both of you,

Pixy

This is actually a really great suggestion - to take the list of meds to a pharmacist - they know far more than doctors about possible drug interactions.

Ive printed off loads of shocking stuff about drug interactions that bankfodder very kindly posted a link

to. Ive also printed off the stuff others have sent me links to. I will def go to chemist as well. I am so

grateful to every single person whose posted on here. If anyone has any suggestions on how to present

all the info to the consultant that would be great. Like I said Im keeping a diary of her day to day

symtoms and behaviour. I also have a lot of info regarding drug interactions that fit in with the problems

she's having. Im just concerned now that the consultant might dismiss all the evidence :|

• 2 weeks later...