Can a satisfied default be removed from my credit report.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking for some help with a default on my credit report.

I have one default showing as satisfied on my report, it was placed on my file in 07.2007. Is there any way I can apply to have this removed from my credit report? How do I go about this? Is there anyone that has had a default removed?

By the way the original debt was under £200.

I had understood that the satisfied default could be removed at the discretion of the people that lodged the default.

It seems unfair that the default is satisfied yet it's impossible to get low interest credit or a mortgage.

My MP says that he's looking into this but there's been no evidence of any action these past 2 years.

Readers should get their MP involved. As the recession begins to end and folk get their jobs back, it's very unfair that despite paying off their debts, they'll be unable to get credit in the same way that they may have done before the recession.

Yes of course, its at the creditors/debt owners discretion but if you've already paid off the debt and its marked as satisfied what hope have you that they will just agree to remove it.. I would say none tbh.

The time to get it removed is during the negotiation of the full and final offer imho, ensure its one of the terms you demand on, may cost an extra amount to get it but imho its well worth it.

S.