Experian blagging me????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I recently rejoined credit expert as a ccj was due to drop of my report. I found I had a default for wonga and I owed them £375. This wasn't the case so I rang wonga, the confirmed it wasn't the case and they would notify the cra. Great I thought!

Now the problem is Experian have told me that they have heard from wonga and will remove the default and any arrears. I'm still waiting after2 weeks! Experian keep saying there is a technical fault and unable to update any files because of it. This to me feels as if they are lying to me and strange? Any ideas?

Also if this continued who do I complain to? This info is wrong and they agreed to remove it. Do I write to the oft?

Issue an N1 court claim to Experian, claim £1,000 as well for the incorrect entry and provide proof that Wonga have said the default is incorrect.

To my knowledge PDL companies should NOT be issuing defaults as once the loan period has ended THAT IS IT. If the loan hasn't been settled then it stays as an active account, they can't issue defaults as the termination has automatically taken place. (I may be wrong on this but Sections 86/87 of the CCA act apply here).

Go to the Information Commissioner and complain that Experian are not fit to be data controllers, not updating systems for 2 weeks seems rather odd, as you rightly say, and they HAVE to be held responsible for their own dealings.

Go to the Information Commissioner and complain that Experian are not fit to be data controllers, not updating systems for 2 weeks seems rather odd, as you rightly say, and they HAVE to be held responsible for their own dealings.

Brilliant, thanks for this. I had a loan with them but only for a month and paid it off, it helped short term. Going to ring creditexpert again and tell them it's not on and will be contacting the info commissioner. I'm actually paying these £15 a month for the privilege also!

As a personal and professional user of the CRA I am aware of a delay

due to tech problems.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Well this so called tech problem is causing my credit rating to suffer. Surely it can be done manually ? It's just a removal process. I'm really annoyed as it is with a default being placed for no reason without them saying it's a tech problem. This is what they do as a business. If a mobile phone shop ran out of phones then I guarantee the very next day they would have more stock. I'm paying for a service I'm not receiving from them.

They have kindly refunded £8 of this months £15.

I do remember being told the files are updated monthly, I can see no real reason to

complain over a two week delay.

I presume that you are referring to the Experian Credit Score when mentioning rating, as this in not seen by

potential lenders and is intended for your information and guidance only it is not

a disaster.

I am no lover of the CRA's at all but there is a lot of myth and legend about credit scores,

the Banks and other lenders use the ID information CEFAS and Gain, they have theit own in house

scoring systems which sensitive commercial secrets.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I do remember being told the files are updated monthly, I can see no real reason to

complain over a two week delay.

I presume that you are referring to the Experian Credit Score when mentioning rating, as this in not seen by

potential lenders and is intended for your information and guidance only it is not

a disaster.

I am no lover of the CRA's at all but there is a lot of myth and legend about credit scores,

the Banks and other lenders use the ID information CEFAS and Gain, they have theit own in house

scoring systems which sensitive commercial secrets.

So what you're saying in effect that this default showing on my credit file that shouldn't be there doesn't effect my credit rating? What's the point in paying the £15 a month then?

This is the only bad thing I have on my file, everything is paid on time, my balances are paid in full every month and my personal score is 371, very poor!

If you complain then they MUST respond within 28 days. Then you can get heavy with 'em :)

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Hi, my file is showing in the six hundreds, I have no O/s Balances ,no late or missed payments, but I did a common

thing for these days and did a bal transfer to a cheaper card result drop from 890 to 680.

I have one disputed default that is small and it has had no impact on credit applications what so ever.

You could have put a dispute notice in you file as soon as the default was first registered Experian will do this over the phone.

As to paying £15 a month I don't know my person Experian account is 6.99, the professional one a hell of a lot more.

Many factors affect the score, available and used credit, but as said the score is not seen by others.

Brig, if you phone up to cancel your Experian account they'll reduce that to £3.99 pm mate ;) ;) ;)

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

I don't have to pay for it any way for personal but it shows as £5.99 for exes.

exes?

hmmm...loadsa hints...you don't work for a CRA do you????

Can anyone help me? Please. I found out that Wescot were trying to get in contact via my old adress. I found out and tried to contact them to set up a payment plan. Now they tell me that they have passed this on to CREDIT SECURITY LIMITED. I just wanted to know if this company is legitimate and will they allow me to set up a affordable payment plan? Or shall I start panicing now. Will they force me to make full payment? Will they take me to court? I really wanted to settle this with Wescot, but now it seems too late. Can any one advise me. :'(

I appreciate it was myself who didnt make payment to the original holder (Barclays) So I want to pay this back through a payment plan but have heard some worrying things about Credit Security.

You must bl**dy joking some here know my profession:nono:

Can anyone help me? Please. I found out that Wescot were trying to get in contact via my old adress. I found out and tried to contact them to set up a payment plan. Now they tell me that they have passed this on to CREDIT SECURITY LIMITED. I just wanted to know if this company is legitimate and will they allow me to set up a affordable payment plan? Or shall I start panicing now. Will they force me to make full payment? Will they take me to court? I really wanted to settle this with Wescot, but now it seems too late. Can any one advise me. :'(

I appreciate it was myself who didnt make payment to the original holder (Barclays) So I want to pay this back through a payment plan but have heard some worrying things about Credit Security.

Hi, you,ll worrying things about DCA's some a just worse than others,panic will not help.

Have you had anything in writing yet, Notice of assignment or Default notice from Barclays?

Please give us some more details so we can advise.

Well I have not heard from Credit Security yet as they are closed today. I only just found out from Wescot. I didnt recieve a default letter from Barclays as they never had my new address either. I really want to establish if Credit Security will force me to pay in full or do they allow payment plans? thanks

That is a difficult question to answer, they may enter in to a plan for you or may not.

Is this a credit card account or current account and how old is it?

You cannot really do much until they contact in writing.

Never fall for their telephone us ploy they will only try to intimidate you in to admitting liability

or giving bank details etc. iit's the biggest no on:nono:

I don't have to pay for it any way for personal but it shows as £5.99 for exes.

I was paying £7.99 before that was in April, now they are saying it's £15 so you can check your score as well at anytime for free.

Now whts the phrase I looking for? Ah yes RIP OFF:!::jaw:

I've just been on the phone with them again and questioned the monthly fee. If you were to cancel your current membership then say in two months renew it, you would also be paying the same as me as this is the only membership they do now. Apparently the fault has now been fixed and the default should be removed in a couple of days or so. They have a back log to get through.

seriously mates, when i called up to cancel they offered to reduce the £7.99 to £3.99 and they clearly have different rates of rip-offs on the go.

whatever else, do not buy their credit score. As we know, CRA credit scores are toilet paper and a total rip-off. Brig, put him in the picture!

I have posted many times about CRA reports.

Lets be very clear:

THE CREDIT SCORE YOU SEE ON YOUR REPORT IS FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IT IS NOT SEEN BY ANYONE ELSE.

BANKS/CREDIT CARD ISSUERS/LOAN COMPANIES/INSURANCE COMPANIES.....USE ONLY PARTS OF THE REPORT :

THE ID INFORMATION, VOTERS RECORDS,GAIN INFO. CIFAS INFO, AND OBVIOUSLY CREDIT MANAGEMENT INFO,THEY ALL HAVE IN HOUSE

SCORING METHODS.

DFAULTS REMAIN FOR 6 YEARS, AS DO OTHER RECORDS.

EARCHES FOR OUTSTANDING DEBT AND DEBT COLLECTION ARE ALLOWED AND ARE SEEN BY LENDERS.

ID SEARCHES FOR INSURANCE QUOTES etc. HAVE NO IMPACT ON THE CREDIT RECORD.

MULTIPLE AND FREQUENT CREDIT APPLICATIONS DO HOW EVER IMPACT AS THEY INDICATE PERHAPS A RECKLESS REGARD FOR FINANCIAL PROBERTY.