NPower court date to get metres fitted, split the bills equally !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hearing is late next week, ive no way of paying up before hand but was shocked to see that instead of claiming the individual amounts ie. lets say 65% gas and 35% elec as it should be they have added both together and split it 50/50. I owe around 400 on elec but as they have added both together i now owe 650 !!!

Any advice ?

Eggy12

Hi Reb

My elec and gas bill(7th June) came to just under £2000 in total. i have not made a payment towards both bills for a long time as been struggling for work, im self employed and live on my own.

£751.26 for electric (est)

£1233.99 for gas (accurate)

Total £1985.25 This is with one payment of £100 made.They told me i had to make a payment of £600 minimum before they could set up a plan of £175 a month so i made a payment of £100(shown in last bill) and the following week a payment of £250(not shown in last bill).

They did say that because i asked to pay the £600 over a few weeks that it wont stop action for warrant to enter house but they would make a note on my file.

The week after i did not have funds to pay anything as mortgage was due, the following week 2 letters arrived saying about the court date and time..

Now each letter is identical not stating if one for gas or one for electric but both figures are the same.. £656.65 on both letters

Hope this helps

Eggy

Hold on.. Just looked at letters again and both have my electric account number and not gas.. maybe an error on there part sending letter twice or did electric twice and forgot about gas ?

My gas metre is outside whilst electric is on inside ! Would that make any difference , im stumped ?

Eggy

Yes it would make a difference. You really need to nail this. NPower love confusing people. It sounds like the one bill

for gas and electricity.

http://www.npower.com/Home/CustomerServices/Debt-management/index.htm

https://customerservices.npower.com/app/answers/websearch_detail/a_id/197/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwOTM2NTcxNS9zaWQvdXBUUm1LeGs%3D/kw/social%20traiff

Hold on.. Just looked at letters again and both have my electric account number and not gas.. maybe an error on there part sending letter twice or did electric twice and forgot about gas ?

My gas metre is outside whilst electric is on inside ! Would that make any difference , im stumped ?

Eggy

Ok rang them(metreplus) a few hours ago, told the chap about if i stumped up £600 NP said they would put me on arrangement @ £175 a month. Told him i may be able to pay on the 8th July the final £250 that makes it up to £600, he says that shouild be ok as the date for applying is the 6th so if i can get the payment in they should accept although i will have to pay the 50 odd pounds court charge !

OK fair do's on that.. What i did not ask was is it just electric metre they want to fit or gas as well. I wanted to get some advice here first. I cannot understand why they are, as it seems just going for entry to home for Electric only as the letters say.. Surly they would also need the same warrant for gas even though its on the outside of my house ?

Eggy

Prepayment meter

If appropriate we can install a prepayment meter and set it to cover the energy you use and to pay back the money you owe based on what you can afford.

What they did tell me some time ago is that if a meter is fitted i will have to pay 50/50 on what ever i pay into it regard usage and debt !

Also, could i ring the court and ask what specifically they are going for, elec or both.. Confusing me as the Gas is the higher bill !

the courts won't have that info. The information is presented on the day of the application - you would need to check this with NPower.

If they are applying for warrants for both fuels they must advise you of this.

If you turn up at court the chances are that the warrant wouldn't be granted. Be aware that if the warrant is granted NPower can action the warrant at any time - they do not have to give you warning or set a date to gain access (restrictions do apply i.e. not early morning / late night / sunday, and I think saturday too but not sure)

ok update time,

Ive spent in total 2 and a half days going over things and re electric this is what has happened.

in Feb 09 Eon came round and fitted an upgraded meter. over the next 10 months when a bill arrived it was still being estimated on my old meter, finally an eon chap came round and took readings for Npower. In Feb 10 they finally switched meter readings to new one.

When they took out old meter the readings were 45900, when they changed readings a year later it stopped at 48760, the new meter showed 660. they just started off at 660 rate and stopped at old estimated rate. They then started demanding £55 a month. now because the new meter was fitted at 00000 it was easy for me to find an average of what ive been using and that turns out to be £19 a month over the 28 month period !!!

Was on the phone to them yesterday for 1 hour and 20 minutes and they finally admitted its there mistake and will re calculate and that after money i have already paid should clear the bill easily and maybe be in credit !!

Regarding the gas bill i owe them £1200, Whilst on the phone the chap told me Warrant for entry is now cancelled for electric but they are coming to fit payment meter for gas on 15th August. i said ive heard NOTHING about gas account, he said the woman in warrant team had told him its already been to court and they have acquired warrant but I WOULD NOT NO ABOUT IT as nothing was sent to me about it !!!!!!

Shocking

Eggy12

Ant thoughts on what to do about gas , as mentioned above they took the matter to court and did not notify me

Eggy