help with liquid advance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help, I took a loan out with liquid advance 6 wks ago and they keep rolling it over with no content from me. I have emailed them they do not respond. Their phone no does not exist. What can I do.

You took the loan out six weeks ago?

Surely if the loan is for a month you would have only rolled over once?

I know some companies have it in their terms that they will only take the interest payment until you tell them to debit the full amount, so can't you just ask them to take the full amount, less the interest you've paid so far?

ok so if they are ignoring all emails. Call your bank, cancel any DD's you have set up. Cancel your card, and get a new one sent out to you. In the mean time, I would like at opening a new account, maybe co-op or halifax. This way, when they come to take the next payment, they WILL contact you. In the meantime, I would send them another strongly worded email, informing them of the stpes you have taken, and that if they wish to obtain the monies owed to them, they should respond to you and not ignore you. Tell them you will be paying the amount in full, bnut you will be paying no further interest, as you have already paid one months interest. Tell them to contact you for payment ASAP, do this AFTER you have cancelled your DD's and Card, and set up a new bank account and transferred your funds into your new account.

They were supposed to take the full amount on 28 may but they only took interest and the same thing yesterday. They are ignoring all emails.

Read your contract again and see what they say regarding payments whether they debit the full amount, or only the interest until you phone in and tell them to collect in full.

0845 834 0998 is their phone number, which is listed on their Contact Us page. I phoned it, was on hold for a few minutes before getting through - so they are answering their phones.

Thanks that's a diff phone no to the one for existing custs that they gave in contract. They were definatly supposed to take the full amount at the end of may. I've got on to did about them today also. So hopefully that will work.

• 2 weeks later...

They have tried to take more money again from my account but I have my card stopped. There have sent me no notification of how much and when. Just an bizzare email saying my bank declined a payment. I still can't get through only leave msges but no response. What can I do.

Finally got through to them and they have admitted they are wrong. They tried to tell me that its in t's and c's but I informed them that I had them and given to ombudsman's office they admitted they were wrong. They also tried to refuse to put anything in writing. I refused to get off the phone till I had an email which I now have confirming that they will settle for 80.00. Ombusdman told me to pay via a draft or postal order so that they won't have new bank details which they tried to refuse. They wanted bank transfer or a personal cheque. Ombudsman said they cannot refuse this.

The original loan was 100. They paid 90 into my account. They took 38 on 28 may when they should have taken 138, they took another 38 in June on the 28 and they tried to take 122 out of my ac the day before yesterday. I'm still out of pocket but at least its only about 20 quid and not what they were trying to do.

• 11 months later...
Help, I took a loan out with liquid advance 6 wks ago and they keep rolling it over with no content from me. I have emailed them they do not respond. Their phone no does not exist. What can I do.

The same has happened to me but i did get through, not at all helpful though, they may aswel have not answered!

The only thing i can do really is to put a stop on my bank card, which i would advise anybody dealing with them to do so.

RUBBISH company just dont get involved, i wish i never had.