• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

muggins73 v NatWest ***WON***

muggins73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are the moderators on strike? I've still had no joy in moving my thread to the sucessful claims section:)

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Muggins

Help please

had a letter from the court asking for details of the charges - it says "this order has been made by the court of its own initiative pursuant to rule 3.3 of the Civil Procedures Rules 1998" - already sent this off a couple of weeks ago by recorded delivery, despite the fact they had the details all along - should i send this same letter again (excerpt below)

"I am not prepared at this stage to answer the CPR Part 18 Request. I anticipate that the claim will be allocated to the small claims track and would not then expect to have to deal with a Part 18 request since these are specifically excluded under Part 27 unless the court specifically orders me to do so of its own initiative

Furthermore I consider that the CPR part 18 request is intimidatory and I intend to bring the intimidation to the notice of the court. However, for clarity, I confirm the charges I am claiming were applied to the following account:

secondly

or should i just ignore it - seems to be an order from the court, not from Cobbetts - or maybe i'm wrong - they have given me till March 8th (a decent 3 weeks)

i'm confused......very confused!:(

thanks

sod

and relax........

congrats crazy girl

See wasnt ally right? HMMMMMMM

you owe me a pint!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Hi Muggins

Help please

had a letter from the court asking for details of the charges - it says "this order has been made by the court of its own initiative pursuant to rule 3.3 of the Civil Procedures Rules 1998" - already sent this off a couple of weeks ago by recorded delivery, despite the fact they had the details all along - should i send this same letter again (excerpt below)

"I am not prepared at this stage to answer the CPR Part 18 Request. I anticipate that the claim will be allocated to the small claims track and would not then expect to have to deal with a Part 18 request since these are specifically excluded under Part 27 unless the court specifically orders me to do so of its own initiative

Furthermore I consider that the CPR part 18 request is intimidatory and I intend to bring the intimidation to the notice of the court. However, for clarity, I confirm the charges I am claiming were applied to the following account:

secondly

or should i just ignore it - seems to be an order from the court, not from Cobbetts - or maybe i'm wrong - they have given me till March 8th (a decent 3 weeks)

i'm confused......very confused!:(

thanks

sod

Hi, Sod

DO NOT IGNORE ORDERS FROM THE COURT!!!!!

NOR send a letter saying you're not prepared, etc, etc - that para contains the line '...specifically excluded under Part 27 unless the court specifically orders me to do so of its own initiative.' The Court has ordered you to do so.

So, you have to detail the matter. I assume you've got all your charges and interest calculations on a spreadsheet? If so, then that job is well in hand - all you have to do is print the spreadsheets out and forward them to the court and Cobbetts.

HOWEVER, I think you also have to fully particularise your claim. Have a look at my main thread (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/38229-natwesttookmymoney-natwest-3.html)

You'll find full particulars on page 3. You may wish to identify and add the relevant Terms & Conditions from your bank but I would think that these POCs will do the job for you at the moment.

There is another possibility, which is that you have done all this already. In that case, call the Court and ask them to check that they have the documents and you have fulfilled the terms of the order.

best wishes

• Haha 1

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Are the moderators on strike? I've still had no joy in moving my thread to the sucessful claims section:)

No Muggins, we were all in the pub celebrating your success - allegedly.

I'll just change the title for now and move the thread in a few days when everyone's had a chance to congratulate you.

Talking of which - CONGRATULATIONS!!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If the lady did not confirm that they had the info, I'd send it, to be on the safe side.

W

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

and relax........

congrats crazy girl

See wasnt ally right? HMMMMMMM

you owe me a pint!!!

Like I said to westy, me thinks you need a keg at the very least!!!!

No Muggins, we were all in the pub celebrating your success - allegedly.

I'll just change the title for now and move the thread in a few days when everyone's had a chance to congratulate you.

Talking of which - CONGRATULATIONS!!

Why thank you caro (and I thought as much, I s'ppose the bar tab is on its way in the post:D

westy

rang the court and the lady said that it was probably a crossover in the post as the case had been passed up to the judge

leave it or send the info JIC?

cheers in advance

sod

Don't mind me chaps:rolleyes: Feel free to use my thread as often as you like, after all I'm pretty much done here anyway:p

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Muggsy Muggsy Muggsy!!!!!!!!

my favourate gal on the CAG forum is minted!!!!!!

Well chuffin' ruddy done luv!

ah im well pleased for ya, off down the battle cruiser now eh?

(i studyed your criminal linguistics) ;)

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

btw this monkey aint gonna hug itself, im still waiting!!!! lol

cushty.

congratulations :D

Thanks petrafyde.

Btw i clicked ya scales cos i think you deserve a great rep. xx

Why thank you kind sir:)

How's your other claim going?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

congratulations muggins, you got there in the end, fully deserved:D

I think Natwest had a spurt of paying out this week, i won too and i notice a few others did also this week :D :D :D

:)I am not an expert at this, any advice i give is from reading posts on this site, its all in here somewhere :)

:) If i have helped please click the scales:)

NatWest Settled 16th february 2007----£3902.67 All charges, costs and s.69 interest

MBNA- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 25th March 2007

MBNA missed deadline, LBA for SAR sent 8th May 2007

CCA request sent 8th May 2007

congratulations muggins, you got there in the end, fully deserved:D

I think NatWest had a spurt of paying out this week, i won too and i notice a few others did also this week :D :D :D

Excellent news for us both then.

Yep, natwest have certainly got their writing cheque fingers out!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

just getting my arse in gear trying to sort it lol.

hope your enjoying your dosh?!!!

Well I hope you arse is well and truely kicked sooner rather than later:D

Let me know how you get on.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi Love,

just saw you are online.... haven't read all of your thread yet. Phew, what a lot of stuff you had to go though to get your money.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

No news my end yet. Still it's only a week tomorrow since my first letter went. Did send a second identical one on wednesday to different address.

What are you doing with all your money? Anything nice?

Hi Love,

just saw you are online.... haven't read all of your thread yet. Phew, what a lot of stuff you had to go though to get your money.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

No news my end yet. Still it's only a week tomorrow since my first letter went. Did send a second identical one on wednesday to different address.

What are you doing with all your money? Anything nice?

Hi cerstin,

Glad to hear that you sent second copy of PRELIM letter to the Borehamwood address (I hope?) These initial stages are tedious but it's something we've all had to go throw in order to get back what's ours.

I wish. Unfortunately, it's a case of in with one hand and out with the other!!! Natwest have just paid out to me, and I'm about to give it all back (well a heafty amount) to them in overdraft:mad: the up side is that my partner and I are now debt free...skint...but debt free:)

The other up side is that Natwest aren't out of the woods yet. There is still a small matter of the amount they have charged me since my claim began which they have until the end of the week to rectify, or we go full circle all over again:roll: Let's hope they make the right choice and just give it up, hey?!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

What amount since claim began? Is this amount after you sent in the claim spreadsheet? Can you ask for that back too?

I know they are going to charge me again for January and Febuary.... :0(

Boooooring. I always start of so overdrawn I don't stand a chance.

What amount since claim began? Is this amount after you sent in the claim spreadsheet? Can you ask for that back too?

I know they are going to charge me again for January and Febuary.... :0(

Boooooring. I always start of so overdrawn I don't stand a chance.

Unfortunately, once you officially log your claim through the court you are unable to update/ amend the figure with any new charges that your account(s) may incur.

Natwest have charged me a further £240.00 @ 14-Feb with more unarranged borrowing and interest charges due to come out at the end of this month:mad:

As you may have figured, I am not standing for this at all, and have asked them to refund me back the money by the end of the week or we start the whole process again.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Oh, are you reallllllly debt-free? WOW! I will never ever be debt free. Mortgaged up so high. Still I don't think I know anyone who is debt free except maybe my parents....

I don't own my own house, we rent (£840.00 per month the cost of 2 mortgages:mad:) and apart from the overdrafts I, nor my partner, have any other credit facilities, so yes, we are infact debt free:cool:

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Oh how I wish I could say that muggins. Maybe when I get round to some more claims.....

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.