• Tweets

• Yeah I figured, unlikely I'll need credit anyway mortgage all paid off etc so I'll take that on the chin and learn from the experience. Probably would've beaten that too had I remembered the protocol, first time ever going through the process though sob it wasn't familiar to me  Oh well  
    • This is my slightly amended WS taking on board your previous comments, any suggestions for amendments would be most appreciated.  Thank you for you time.   1.        I am the Defendant in this matter. 2.        The facts in this statement come from my personal knowledge. 3.        I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020. 4.        The alleged Letter of Claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address. 5.        The Judgement debt was not familiar to me so I began investigations to ascertain what the debt related to and how such a figure had been equated in any event. 6.        I made immediate contact with the Court, the Claimant Solicitors and the Claimants thereafter, asking them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.  7.        I sent a Data Subject access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided – See appendix 1 which details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclaycard as well as copies of correspondence between us. 8.        I do not admit to entering an agreement with Barclaycard in 2000. 9.       The claimant has failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis and therefore this claim should be automatically struck out.  10.    The claimants have failed to disclose a true executed copy of the original agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim. They are not entitled to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974 12.   The reconstituted standard Barclaycard agreement that the claimant has included in the court bundle does not satisfy any CCA request and so the claimant is and remains in default of my CCA request and therefore unable to enforce the alleged agreement. 13.  The claimants have failed to provide proof the assignment, such as a deed of assignment. 14.  The claimant has failed to provide a statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement 15.   Despite numerous requests to the claimant, I have still not seen any evidence, such as an original agreement or deed of assignment, that substantiates the claimant’s assertion that I owe the debt to the claimant, nor evidence of how the debt was accrued. 16.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.
    • A set aside application costs £275 which is more than the judgement so not worth it. Not that they would grant a set aside anyway.  Set asides are granted, for example, to people who moved and didn't get the court papers, so have a genuine reason for not defending.  Forgetting doesn't count. Your only choices are to pay up within 30 days, or defy the court and not pay.  If the latter, we've never seen a PPC enforce judgement for a single ticket, ever, you would get away without paying - but you would have a CCJ and a knackered credit file for six years.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

muggins73 v NatWest ***WON***

muggins73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds good doesn't it, but the grass is always greener an' all that.

What my partner and I would do to own our own house...maybe when I get round to more claims...:D

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be a double edged sword muggins. We have got our own house and mortgage, and as we bought a long time ago for the first time, a lot of equity. You also get all the maintenance, and if you hit hard times you still have to pay the mortgage and don't get help with it. I applied for a Council Tax rebate a few years back, and had we been renting, the rent would have been taken into account and we might have got the rent paid too. The mortgage was not even considered and so we had far too much income (apparently) to be able to get anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have it, but as you say, the grass is always greener. lol

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hi, just starting the long road that you have travelled down. i have just been charged £276 in 6 days by nat west by starting off overdrawn by £5.70ish. this is not the first time this has happened. im scared by the whole procedure and feel comforted by reading your postings. im going to CAB on fri as well. wish me luck

Hi nkerrit,

I wish you all the luck in the world.

You are taking two very positive steps to sorting out your finances.

Yes, the procedure as a whole, its exceptionally daunting at first, but before you know it you'll be advising others who are starting out on their journey just as I am now taking the time to advise you.

Make sure you read the FAQs and step-by-step instructions so you are absolutely crystal clear on what you are getting yourself in to.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Start up your own thread (if you haven't already done so) ie. nkerrit v Natwest, so that you can be found easily if you run in to any problems (however, silly they may seem) This is a self-help forum, but there are 100s of fellow comrades who have a vast amount of experience and are itching to help you:)

The CAB will help to consolidate your finances into one managable amount per month. It is a very good move especially if your court claim goes belly-up, which the likelihood of doing so is 1,000,000,000:1;)

Follow the procedures, stick to your timetable and do not doubt your abilities. Above all else, remember it is your money you are asking to be returned. Keep this in mind and you'll get through.

Good luck and keep us posted.

• Haha 1

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

im ashamed to say lass that there is as to date no foot wedged firmly up my prosterior, to say im a little lazy would be both insulting but ultimately true lol :razz:

as for £800+ a month rent?!!!! :-o i nearly fainted when i saw that!!!

up here its £525 for a large 3bed detatched!!!

shocking!:-o :-o :-o

Looks like I'll be moving the family in with you then:)

As for the foot issue, mine is on hand, just let me know!!!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Ah, Muggs, I don't even want to tell you how much mortgage we pay (bloody Chelsea). You might just tell me to move and you'd be right.:(

Nobody can live in London and not have a mortage. Or can anyone prove me wrong?

But we have two flats and have been remortgaging for years and it's worked okay as houseprices have been going up and up. Anyway, neither husband nor I have been working for a year and a half so we have to sell one of our flats. Good bye pension.

Can I pick your brain again? About your £200 something, did you talk to them on the phone or send them another spreadie?:idea:

Below is a simular letter to the one I sent NatWest, and they have until tommorrow to respond. Failure to do so means I jump right back on the court proceedingshorse and begin the whole process again:rolleyes:

I have today received a cheque from RBS Group Litigation Department in the sum of £xxxx in settlement of my claim for recovery of unlawful bank charges.

This settlement does not address the issue of charges added to my account since the commencement of my claim, a total of £xxxxx

Clearly it would be senseless to resort to further litigation to recover this amount, although I am prepared to do so if necessary. In order to avoid such action, I require reimbursement of the aforementioned sum within 7 days of the date of this letter. If the full amount is not credited to my account within that time I will issue further proceedings against you.

I look forward to receiving your response before xxxxxxxx.

Haven't heard of any one else actually going after Natwest with regards to additional charges, so I have no idea what to expect. however, it is not about the money, it is principle this time 9and the fact that they've managed to once again seriously P****d me off!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

This will make you guys laugh, it did me after I'd got over the crying stage.

Natwests' cheque finally cleared yesterday. So I transferred a total of £3,500 between the three accounts finally making us debt free:D

Went to Abbey National armed with the remaining amount of £500.00 which I intended to put £400 into the joint account and leave £100 to go to Tescos. Found out that Abbey have clocked up a wopping £220 worth of charges in 3 days:eek:, so you can imagine how I felt, cant you:mad:

I arranged to see one of their customer advisors whom on seeing, first hand, how desperately annoyed I was, got the go ahead from their manager to reduce these charges by half. That was after telling me that I was only 4 days out of the comfort zone. By this, I mean that as I only opened the account with them back in October (as I was about to commence court proceedings against Natwest), they do not charge you for the first 6 months. Well, I could have killed, good job they decided to jump ship and go and see the manager, that's all I can say.

The moral of this story is...they are as bad as eachother and it's far too early for me to pick on them....yet!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Oh, dear - they don't know what a hornet's nest they've stirred up, do they??

W

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Oh, dear - they don't know what a hornet's nest they've stirred up, do they??

W

Obviously not:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

That is outrageous!!!!! grrr let me at 'em!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Banks just get worse!!!! man im angry lol

Muggs me darling sort them out!

and me for that matter, still aint got round to starting my claim....:oops:

My dear shiney,

Take this as a swift kick in the gonads....get on with it man!!!!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Thanks cerstin for that vote of confidence;)

Well Natwest had until this morning to reply to my request to refund the additional charges they've imposed on my account since my claim started (and was settled) so I have sent them a final lifeline in the form of an LBA (recorded delivery no less!!!). Mr Higley now has 14 days to respond and it's back to court we go......oh, happy days:p

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Sometimes, I find extreme is the only way!!!!!!

Um, clever as well as golden, hey:p

Yep, that'd be right. I'm getting on abit now, even found a white strand on me head:eek: I have scared you off now, you being a youngster an' all?!!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Scare me off?? pah!!! your only 34 for crying out loud!!!

Besides theres an old saying....your only as young as the bloke you feel ;)

My gal likes that saying seein as shes 5years older than myself....:D

Older women rock. simple.

Don't flatter an ageing lady, you'll make me blush:lol:

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Again, i am completely dumbfounded by Natwest' sheer incompetence. This should help to put several of you current claimants worried about taking these dimwits to court:)

My lady at the CAB has sent a copy of a letter she recently received from the Customer Care Team, Birmingham Collections Centre in response to her letter dated 23-Jan requesting that the interest and unauthorised borrowing charges be stopped whilst I try to pay off the outstanding debt.

'Charges and interest will continue to accrue in accordance with our published tariff until the accounts are in the hands of our Credit Management Services dept, when charges will cease. At present, we are unable to continue with the necessary process to transfer the accounts the CMS because of a pending court cazse regarding bank charges.

When the mater has been resolved, we will continue our processess appropriately....'

I goes to show that they simply do not talk to eachother or indeed look at a screen within the 'universal' system they all use, now do they:rolleyes:

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

HI, Muggins, you stripling!

I was leading student demos the year you were born - so I may very well be THE person your parents sounded off about! All that fresh air and exercise - an excellent investment in future good health, IMHO.

Westy

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Ah my dear Westy.

You'll never be old in my books. More.....'matured' like your favourite cheese is...full flavoured and down right expensive!!!!:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Ah my dear Westy.

You'll never be old in my books. More.....'matured' like your favourite cheese is...full flavoured and down right expensive!!!!:D

Why is it people compare me with cheese? Always cheese?

Why not wine?

Even fuller flavoured, much more expensive and won't smell of old socks unless it's clearly gone off!!!

Adios

Westy

Why is it people compare me with cheese? Always cheese?

Why not wine?

Even fuller flavoured, much more expensive and won't smell of old socks unless it's clearly gone off!!!

Adios

All in good time, my friend, all in good time:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA