• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

muggins73 v NatWest ***WON***

muggins73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok they can pass your info to their Inhouse debt recovery without breaching the Data Protection Notice - thats fine. But if they issue you with a default notice in the process and notify the CRA of the default then they are in breach of the Notice.

You must be aware that you may have to lodge a complaint with ICO - (I got all the way there after 4 letters before they took any action with me). But thats not a big problem to do anyway.

Providing that their CMS dept is inhouse then yes they can do this but if the pass it externally to say, Capquest or any of the other muppets they use, then no that would be a breach of Notice.

If Im honest with you muggins - at this stage the banks seem to just do what they want, as they know its going to take ages to get the default removed via an external way (either the court or via a complaint to ICO) so they can just quiet happily slap them on you only to take them off just as easy, at the last minute. It has happened to me through three of my claims.

I got turned down for a mortgage as well.

I know it sucks and I know they are breaking the guidlines and even acting unlawfull, but at the moment all we can do is trudge along and follow the proceedures - sorry hun - I know how you feel Ive just come through it.

On bright side though you are not applying for anything at the moment so you would have been through all of this by the time you need a clean credit record for your mortgage.

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok they can pass your info to their Inhouse debt recovery without breaching the Data Protection Notice - thats fine. But if they issue you with a default notice in the process and notify the CRA of the default then they are in breach of the Notice.

You must be aware that you may have to lodge a complaint with Information Commissioners Office - (I got all the way there after 4 letters before they took any action with me). But thats not a big problem to do anyway.

Providing that their CMS dept is inhouse then yes they can do this but if the pass it externally to say, Capquest or any of the other muppets they use, then no that would be a breach of Notice.

If Im honest with you muggins - at this stage the banks seem to just do what they want, as they know its going to take ages to get the default removed via an external way (either the court or via a complaint to Information Commissioners Office) so they can just quiet happily slap them on you only to take them off just as easy, at the last minute. It has happened to me through three of my claims.

I got turned down for a mortgage as well.

I know it sucks and I know they are breaking the guidlines and even acting unlawfull, but at the moment all we can do is trudge along and follow the proceedures - sorry hun - I know how you feel Ive just come through it.

On bright side though you are not applying for anything at the moment so you would have been through all of this by the time you need a clean credit record for your mortgage.

Thanks matie, as usual your guidance is second to non. You are a real treasure!!!

I know you've already said that in your opinion you'd send the leter anyway, but just to clarify and in light of what has just been written, shall I just send them the letter now to show them that I clearly know my rights before they think to pass the matter to a third party?

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Yes that it is what i mean.

If I was you, and if I was in your shoes - I would send the letter.

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

alrighty then, will do.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

OK, as per your advice, which I've humbley accepted:), I've draughted the letters above for our joint account and my sole account which are both in dispute and are going through as a court claim.

The problem lies with my partners sole account whom we are merely dealing with as a debt case via the CAB and Natwest collections dept and is not part of the court claim itself. I am unable to quote the first letter at them as we 'have not made proposals they are satisfied with for repaying the debt, following their formal demand’:evil:

In order to make satisfactory proposals, and this is where things start to get nasty, they are threatening to pass our 'debt problem' over to their CMS dept whereby they may or may not accept the repayment plan. Just by doing so they will default all 3 accounts (the joint and 2 x sole accounts). What would you suggest? Shall I forget the first letter and send them the second on behalf of my partner?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hun Not ignoring your thread I will answer on Sunday when myhead is not so intoxicted!!!!

Even Ally the helper is allowed a day off!!!

Hugggss Muggggs

Allyxia

With Deller's help (ta, very much:)), I've got myself up-to-date wiith reference to this 'New Strategy for the AQ's'. I did not attach the new draft order for directions to my AQ as this information had not yet been submitted. Should I be worrying at all, or should I just carry on as per the norm:confused:

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi, Muggins

No need to worry, as such: the absence of the draft order won't prejudice your case at all, so long as you've sent the AQ back.

However, if you've only sent the AQ back since New Year, it may be worth giving the Court a bell and asking if yours has gone to the judge yet - Salisbury is a bit behind, after the holidays and yours might be, too. If it hasn't, then zap a copy of the draft order off and run down to the Court to add it to your papers. I'm sure the staff won't mind!!

W

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Hi, Muggins

No need to worry, as such: the absence of the draft order won't prejudice your case at all, so long as you've sent the AQ back.

However, if you've only sent the AQ back since New Year, it may be worth giving the Court a bell and asking if yours has gone to the judge yet - Salisbury is a bit behind, after the holidays and yours might be, too. If it hasn't, then zap a copy of the draft order off and run down to the Court to add it to your papers. I'm sure the staff won't mind!!

W

Hi Westy, nice to hear from you.....yes, I've missed that big mouth of yours:D

Cobblers have just sent me a copy of their AQ so I pressume that mine has indeed reached the judge already:(

In their AQ Section G, they have typed the following...

'The Claimant has not shown that she has reasonable grounds for bringing the Claim despite the Defendant requesting that the Claimant remedy the lack of particularity pleaded in the POC, the cClaimant has failed to do so.

Case management directions cannot be proposed until the Claimant fully particularises her Claim. In light of this, the Defendant may amend its Defence or apply to strike out.'

Ally advised me this is exactly wot they did to her, but I'd really appreciate yours and anyone else's thoughts. Is there any need to extend my POC now, bearing in mind I haven't even received a court date, yet? Or shall I wait and include the extended POC in my court bundle, if that is at all possible, or let nature take it's course? Having read your signature, shall I do pretty much what you've (Westy) just had to do?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Cobblers sending theirs direct to you doesn't mean the judge has seen it yet. Call the Court pronto.

Luv

W

Westy

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Hi, again

Muggs - you went MCOL, I believe.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Alyx, but if Cobbetts have asked for 'properly particularised' claim then there will be no charge for sending in expanded POCs, will there?

If that's the case then...do it today!

But I will be guided by those with more experience of the MCOL route.

LotsaLuv

W

Westy

Cobblers sending theirs direct to you doesn't mean the judge has seen it yet. Call the Court pronto.

Luv

W

Have just spoken to the court (great minds, an' allthat!), and my AQ has been filed.

Didn't go through MCOL, due to financial situation, went direct through the court, what now?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

OK - I'm trying to do three things at once (one of which requires me to be elsewhere!) so I didn't read through your whole thread.

The AQ has been filed but has the judge seen it yet? Either way:

I'm going to e-mail you my full POCs: feel free to amend them to suit your own numbers and circumstances. I believe (but you MUST check) that they answer all of Cobbetts points. When done, forward them to the Court with a covering letter saying that Cobbetts have requested full particularisation of the claim and you request the Court to accept them. Send your spreadsheets too (if you haven't already) and also send the lot to Cobbetts.

That should settle their hash!

Best

Westy

Westy

OK - I'm trying to do three things at once (one of which requires me to be elsewhere!) so I didn't read through your whole thread.

The AQ has been filed but has the judge seen it yet? Either way:

I'm going to e-mail you my full POCs: feel free to amend them to suit your own numbers and circumstances. I believe (but you MUST check) that they answer all of Cobbetts points. When done, forward them to the Court with a covering letter saying that Cobbetts have requested full particularisation of the claim and you request the Court to accept them. Send your spreadsheets too (if you haven't already) and also send the lot to Cobbetts.

Best

Westy

Thanks Westy.

Three things at once, is that all? Trying being a mum, three is a bear minimum at the best of times:D

Do I not need to fill in another form, I think it's form N244, or somehting along them lines? and pay to change? Or will the court simply accept? Is it worth contacting them again?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

I THINK (but by all means check) that, if Cobbetts have asked for amended POCs they've clearly given agreement to you supplying it and, therefore, you shouldn't have to pay. BUT check with the Court direct.

If you do have to pay, it's £35, non-refundable and non-claimable.

Best wishes

W

Westy

I THINK (but by all means check) that, if Cobbetts have asked for amended POCs they've clearly given agreement to you supplying it and, therefore, you shouldn't have to pay. BUT check with the Court direct.

If you do have to pay, it's £35, non-refundable and non-claimable.

Best wishes

W

As always, you're a real diamond, and your advice has been readily accepted:D

Will look through your full POCs (I thank you), amend where necessary and fwd as per your advice. Will check with the court tommorrow morning regarding the charge. Will get back to you and let you know the outcome.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Best

Westy

I've amended the POC to suit, but have pm you for more details to certain aspects of their defence. Hope you dont mind.

Look forward to your response.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Got your PM, have been snoozing on the sofa and watching Battlestar Galactica and have an interview tomorrow at 9am. I will get back to you asap.

"Trying being a mum, three is a bear minimum at the best of timesbiggrin.gif"

Oh, tee-hee. Back in the 70s, they used to talk about male chauvinism. Do I spot the mirror image? ;)

I'll have you know I have two daughters, who are now at different universities and have different requirements - usually at the same time - and I have always taken an active role in their care and upbringing (except the bits I'm not anatomically equipped to deal with). Why, I've driven them back from parties and school trips as late as 1 in the morning!!

S'there.

Westy

Westy

Westy have you ever thought of taking Nytol love - all your posts are in wee hours !!!!!

I didnt do MCOL so cant help you out here sorry Muggs!!! Looks like westy has flown in to the rescue though!!!

Westy as for their defence it wa sthe same as mine but a bit less (I had parts regardign being struck out) there is nothing else to be done here other than getting mugs back into the flap she was in two pages ago!!!!

Only two kids eh?

Amatuer

Allyxia

"Only two kids eh?"

That I'm paying for.:D

W

Westy

hey westy - heard Dellers News?

He now got one!!!!

He Oh had wee baby boy yesturday!!

I let him fill you in all the other details!!

Allyxia

Yes, I heard. He was too excited initially to advise what it was! I had to ask again - and I suggested very strongly that he go off and build up a healthy deposit balance in the sleep bank.

So, it's up to you and me, eh?

W

Westy

Looks that way eh!!! bless him!!!! He all over the shop!!

Allyxia

Ok *trying to sound restrained now*

If you have filled out your POC exactly as they have been written on here, then why do you need to amend them?

This is exactly the run around Cobblers want you to do. Because by submitting another or amended POC, you risk making errors or showing them and the court that you really dont know what you are on about!!!

By submitting defences such as this, and the ones requesting Part 18 Cobblers are edgeing their bets (quiet rightly in this case) that some people who are claiming and going to run around like headless chickens and by trying to resolve the "imaginary" problems end up shooting themselves in the foot.

Incedently - what exactly are you going to put in your amended POC?

If you read throught the Settled thread you will find 100's of defences like yours and like mine......why do you think yours is going to be any different?

Ally needs lie down in dark room now!!!

Allyxia

Westy have you ever thought of taking Nytol love - all your posts are in wee hours !!!!!

I didnt do MCOL so cant help you out here sorry Muggs!!! Looks like westy has flown in to the rescue though!!!

Westy as for their defence it wa sthe same as mine but a bit less (I had parts regardign being struck out) there is nothing else to be done here other than getting mugs back into the flap she was in two pages ago!!!!

Only two kids eh?

Amatuer

Didn't do MCOL either!!!!!

Advised westy prior that cobblers defence was roughty the same as yours was, just wanted another opinion on the matter, that's all:| I promise I'm not flapping, just curious as cobblers just happened to mention that I hadn't particularised my POC again in their AQ.

Love the 'amatuer' remark:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA