• Tweets

• Lowell , Cabot etc, I'm not sure how I can politely put this, but F taking money from your kids mouths to pay them!
    • Yes, they are digging themselves into a ditch, with regard to people like you who fight back. Remember that, sadly, the vast majority of motorists who get these tickets think they are fines, that companies like ECP have some sort of official status, and give in and pay. They are just putting barriers in your way and encouraging you to fold. How about this as a reply - Dear ECP, Re: Subject Access Request PCN no.XXXXX I refer to my Subject Access Request dated XXXXX and received by yourselves on XXXXX. Thank you for your bizarre letter of 23 April.  Your letter requests Photo ID - which I have already sent to you.  The letter also requests proof of ownership of the vehicle - this is impossible to produce as the vehicle in question was on hire. In any case requests for proof of ownership are silly given your PCNs invite registered keepers to nominate drivers who do not own vehicles. I note all this concern for correct identity was absent when you decided to send letters threatening me with all & sundry if I didn't pay you money! The SAR was received on XXXXX.  I have already sent Photo ID.  The clock is ticking.  I am well aware that I would have the right to complain to the ICO and to sue you for not respecting your statutory duty should you not respect the 30-day deadline. Tick, tock. Yours, XXXXX
    • none of their ruddy business! and if they have been pressuring you in o borrowing from friends and family .. THAT IS WRONG AND AGAINST THE REGULATIONS...if you have that in B&W you need to REPORT THEM. once a debt is defaulted and it gone from your file it can never come back. not without a fight in court you won't. i think you are getting confused here , just because you've been paying 'creditors' via and IVA it does NOT mean the debt can re-appear on your file, and it does not mean you are more likely to get more CCJ attempts. statute barring is 6yrs from a debts last payment, but that can't change anything on your credit file. i really wish you hadn't sent that letter. please dont do anything more now unless you check with us first..no calls, in/out. no emails in/out no letters in/out....thats if you want our help.... NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS STOP GROVELLING to them. could have been worded alot better and more forcefully. dx    
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Debenhams Store Card PPI ***Urgent Help Required*******

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Aha...... that might explain their w/s then - you've probably got a snot nosed paralegal appointed. Read everything in Queen's and thinks bullying rather than compromise is the order of the day. Pity there's not more time to speak to a partner instead of this chimp.

Stick to your guns at the hearing, if they deny relief from disclosure you want [demand] relief from same.

Do you want me to draft you a Tomlin to hand to them in the waiting room?

Gez

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems i am uncovering all sorts of things!!

Another point i have just uncovered. In their original reply and defence to counterclaim "Exhibit RDC2" they enclosed a copy of account cover brochure from 2005 and have directed me to section 7 entitled "how to cancel", The copy is dated 08/05, some 7 years after taking out the card. I pointed this out in my WS, and in their SUPP WS has apologised for this and enclosed a copy of the account cover from 1998. Only one small problem, section 7 of this one is entitled "premiums". The detail about covering is at the end of S6, and not well highlighted in my opinion. Can i argue this point also that this is actually at the end of a section and not clearly visible??

KatieJ :rolleyes:

Relief in respect of your case .......errrrrr, I'll try :-)

You seek access to disclosure of statements to accurately form your poc, they deny access....... by denying access they deny your ability to claim relief [counter claim]

They seek to claim £xxxx.xx but deny access to material evidence [statements again]........ denied relief to mitigate in defence

They can't have it both ways.

Gez

It seems i am uncovering all sorts of things!!

Another point i have just uncovered. In their original reply and defence to counterclaim "Exhibit RDC2" they enclosed a copy of account cover brochure from 2005 and have directed me to section 7 entitled "how to cancel", The copy is dated 08/05, some 7 years after taking out the card. I pointed this out in my WS, and in their SUPP WS has apologised for this and enclosed a copy of the account cover from 1998. Only one small problem, section 7 of this one is entitled "premiums". The detail about covering is at the end of S6, and not well highlighted in my opinion. Can i argue this point also that this is actually at the end of a section and not clearly visible??

Yes :-)

Page #1....... you'll need to fill in the blanks, and sort out the dodgy formatting on here :-)

IN THE ………………… COURT CLAIMNO: ……………..

BETWEEN:-

………………………..

Claimant

-and-

………………………….

Defendant

TOMLIN ORDER

UPON THE PARTIES having agreed terms:-

BY CONSENT IT IS HEREBYORDERED THAT:-

1. All proceedings are stayed on the terms setout in the schedule hereto for the purposes of which the parties shall be atliberty to apply.

2. There shall be no order as to costs.

Dated this day of February2012

We hereby consent to an Order in the above terms.

………………………………………………. …………………………………………………..

The Claimant The Defendant

Page #2 [the schedule]...... poo formatting again, lol

Confidentiallity..... your choice whether to include, they may appreciate the gesture though

SCHEDULE

1. The Claimant agrees to take no action in relationto agreement …………. [and to write off the balances set out in its accounts inrelation to the same].

2. TheClaimant shall make no reference to any Credit Reference Agency in respect of agreement……….. and shall correct any entries that have been made to date.

3. The Claimantshall make one [1] single payment of £3728.81 to the Defendant in respect ofPPI premiums and interest applied thereon.

4. The parties heretoacknowledge that the provisions in this Schedule and Order are confidential tothe parties and their legal advisers and each party undertakes in favour of theother not to disclose any of these provisions to any person not a party to thisschedule and order. It is agreed that neither party shall be in breach of thisconfidentiality provision by disclosing any of the terms hereof if compelled todo so by any Court or Authority of competent jurisdiction.

Excellent, what a star. I think it's now time for bed, i've done my Miss Marple bit for the night, up and at it again tomorrow. I hope you will be around again as i'll have the usual barage of questions!!!. I'm so grateful and not feeling much much happier about this. I really hope i've done enought to convince the Judge that they are being very sly, and incompetent. I've just read a bit in the Supp WS that states the client has therefore satisfied it's comliance obligations imposed by the strict regulatory framework the claimant operates in. Strange as i have a DPA breach , and no complaince of OFT guidelines???? Not looking to good me thinks??

Lol, they can believe what they like....... whilst you can't force them to bring Lord Lucan riding Shergar to the hearing [if they don't have it, they don't have it.... end of] you can question/test the verasity of their particulars.

Gez

It really is quite funny in places. I'm sure i won't be feeling like this on Monday but i will give it a dam good shot, and not just for me, but for others who have also been faced with the no it wasn't mis sold so tough!. I will be asking for advise tomorrow on what i need to do step by step Monday. I've made lots of notes point by point on their Supp WS, Do i need to get these typed up or can i just use my own notes?? Is there any specific format i need to follow for these as this is really what i want to say to the Judge??

Skels...... really depends on the dj on the day, either he/she will allow [take 3 copies] as it makes his/her life easier if it narrows the issues and identifies caselaw applicable....... or he/she won't.

Can't see why it wouldn't be allowed as its primarily to assist the court, if he/she takes umbrage to it just use it as a reference tool on the day.

Here's an old post borrowed from another thread..... may help explain:

Skeleton argument

A skeleton argument must contain a numbered list of the points which you wish to make. These should both define and confine the areas of controversy. Each point should be stated as concisely as the nature of the case allows.

A numbered point must be followed by a reference to any document on which you wish to rely.

A skeleton argument must state, in respect of each authority cited:

a) the proposition of law that the authority demonstrates; and

b) the parts of the authority (identified by page or paragraph references) that support the proposition.

If more than one authority is cited in support of a given proposition, the skeleton argument must briefly state the reason for taking that course. This statement should not materially add to the length of the skeleton argument but should be sufficient to demonstrate, in the context of the argument:

a) the relevance of the authority or authorities to that argument; and

b) that the citation is necessary for a proper presentation of that argument.

See here for example skeleton argument for lifting a stay:

Stay Hearing: Skeleton Argument - Consumer Wiki

Hi folks

Just starting to type out my Skele. Do i need to answer their points in order on their SUPP WS or can i do it in my own order as i want to get some other points accross which are bigger issues on my part?? I will cover their points also?

Any help urgently appreciated.

Thanks

It is your skele .. do it how you wish. Just make sure that when you are rebutting/responding to a point they have made.. it is clear which part of their W/S or Skele you are replying to. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Guys

Here's my Skelly for tomorrow. Please can someone review & check my points asap. I do still need to add in a couple of bits surrounding the bit about the cases i am relying on, is there anything in particaulr i can quote as they state that i am not quoting the particular bits relevant??

Also i will prepare the Tomlin to take with me. Do i ask to speak to them in the waiting room and point out their error and offer this as their way to discontinue their claim without the need for embarrasment in court??

Many thanks

Debs Skeleton Argument for hearing CAG Version 27.2.12.doc

Still reading this.. but suggest you amend this sentence..

The Defence has indeed been produced with the benefit of assistance available via a consumer advice website, though I would contend that fact would only be clear to someone such as yourself who makes it their business to patrol such websites.

Amend "yourself" to "the claimant"

:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Guys

Here's my Skelly for tomorrow. Please can someone review & check my points asap. I do still need to add in a couple of bits surrounding the bit about the cases i am relying on, is there anything in particaulr i can quote as they state that i am not quoting the particular bits relevant??

Also i will prepare the Tomlin to take with me. Do i ask to speak to them in the waiting room and point out their error and offer this as their way to discontinue their claim without the need for embarrasment in court??

Many thanks

Hello Katie.. wow, you put some work into that.. I like it.

You might want to do a final word check .. I notice you have lots of lower case "i"'s where they should be upper case.

It is very likely that the solicitor for the other side might approach you. But yes, if they dont.. speak to the usher ask if the other side are there and then make your offer :)

Please let us know how you get on.. and good luck

BCOBS

Hi Kate

I'd suggest that where you make a point based on S.I you quote the Act and section, print 3 copies of the section itself and have a bundle available referenced to each point [oh and lose the bullet points, use numbers..... you'll find it easier on the day :-) ]. The dj will be able to look it up but what you don't want is to sit there being asked why its relevant and all supporting references are on your laptop at home.

ie: Para #3: It should also be pointed out these include several missing statements which are August 2006, November 2006 – January 2007, April 2009 – September 2009, November 2009, January 2010 and May 2010 –September 2010. The Defendant fails to see how the Claimant can accurately claim what is allegedly owed on the account due to an obvious lack of accurate record keeping by the Claimant, The Defendant contends this is contrary to the Companies Act 1985 S.221

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/6/part/VII/chapter/I/crossheading/accounting-records/2004-11-12?view=plain+extent&timeline=true

Para #6 - 'Thisis a DPA breach and contradicts the Claimants compliance to regulatory framework. ' [Data protection Act 1998 S.7 & 15(2)]

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/section/7

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/section/15

As for the rest of the skel, looks fine to me...... the only other suggestion I can make is to try to make each point as concise as possible without losing the gist of the argument itself. Remember to take 3 copies with you for the hearing.

The Tomlin..... this is really for last minute leverage, if they approach you in the waiting room asking for a chat, tell them you're prepared to listen, as previous post DO NOT accept any additional docs from them without all parties being in front of the judge. When they've finished saying their piece and trying to get you to crumble, hand them a copy of the Tomlin and ask that they consider it carefully and take instruction from their client.

They may not bite, they may not accept it [depends what instruction they've gone to court with], if they come back with an offer it'll be up to you on the day to decide if you want to accept it.

Gez

• Haha 1

Hi Folks, nearly there, if anyone else has any comments please can i have them asap.

I can't thank the people on this site enough for their help, even if it is a site to help people "avoid paying their debts", lol!.

I think i am prepared as i can be for tomorrow but you never know. In the event i loose, what is the process??? Having not been in this situation before i have no idea??

I have also attached my Tomlin if someone can give it the once over???

Much appreciated........

Debs Tomlin Order CAG 27.2.12.doc

Edited by Kate1973

Hi Kate

Really not sure what the outcome will be, with so much missing data it'll be difficult for the dj to find a position 'fair' to both parties.

If they show up tomorrow with the missing statements you need to request time/adjournment to recalculate your counter, if thats the case, they'll argue for costs, and you counter with their previous denied relief to data and your costs.

The dj may get the hump and tell them or both of you to bugger off and get your acts together, with the case to be re-listed. Nothing in this life or the county court is certain :-)

If you stand your ground and argue your case well you should come away OK

The court will always look to the overriding objective for guidance

Gez

The overriding objective

(1) These Rules are a new procedural code with the overriding objective of enabling the court to deal with cases justly.

(2) Dealing with a case justly includes, so far as is practicable –

(a) ensuring that the parties are on an equal footing;

(b) saving expense;

© dealing with the case in ways which are proportionate –

(i) to the amount of money involved;

(ii) to the importance of the case;

(iii) to the complexity of the issues; and

(iv) to the financial position of each party;

(d) ensuring that it is dealt with expeditiously and fairly; and

(e) allotting to it an appropriate share of the court’s resources, while taking into account the need to allot resources to other cases.

Can't think of anything else at the mo, except to say good luck for tomorrow :-)

I'm not able to access Cag from work during the day but if i think of anything else when I get up in the morning I'll post on here

Gez

Hi Folks, nearly there, if anyone else has any comments please can i have them asap.

I can't thank the people on this site enough for their help, even if it is a site to help people "avoid paying their debts", lol!.

I think i am prepared as i can be for tomorrow but you never know. In the event i loose, what is the process??? Having not been in this situation before i have no idea??

I have also attached my Tomlin if someone can give it the once over???

Much appreciated........

no cag is not a site to help avoid debt - never ever will be

its a site where people can get help when they have been wronged by the system.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...