Student loans and moving abroad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have just spent a good few hours reading all the threads but find nothing that suits my situation. So I have loans from 98,99,00 and 01.

I live abroad, Europe but non-EU. I have been deferring all my loans since they were taken out. Then it all went wrong, I informed the guys of my change of address and they never noted it. After it all went crazy and to cut a long story short i have ended up paying the arrears on a loan in small installments. They have also slapped a load of charges on for good measure. So, I guess that asking for the original loan agreement will only work for one loan and not the others, so maybe i will try.

But now for my real question, I notice that many people take SLC to the small claims court in the UK. Can i do this from outside of the UK?

Can they do a CCJ on me if i am outside of the UK?

Its all a bit complicated now and the pressure that they put on me is getting me down whenever i have to communicate with them. I will never live in the UK again, my family are here and elsewhere, i have not even visited in the past 2 years. I am almost tempted to ignore them.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Pete