Tex Credit Review

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a letter from Tax Credit Compliance, they wanted a child care contract o all receipts in tax year 2010-2011

I went from part time to fulltime in September, and so needed childcare for before and after school, I contacted the after school club and worked out hows much it would cost me, I gave their registration details to tax credits, but I wasn't happy with my childfen going there as my youngest was being picked on during school by a boy that also attended.

My friend offered to have them and so I paid her, all was fine until I recieved the letter, I contacted them and told them what I had done and they said I would have to repay the money, I was in tears couldn't eat or sleep, thye didn't ask for my friends name which I was pleased about, as she is on IS and she helped me out, as my children were much happier to go to her before and afterschool, but now I feel I was a complete idiot not wanting to send my children to the after school club in fear of my child being picked on... maybe it was guilt for working the extra hours?

I'm happy to repay as I brought it on myself, but if I could of afforded to pay her without the help child care tax credits I would of, it's horrible all the worrying.

She did say I will now be asked to provide evidence of P60 in the future, does that mean that will now look into everything? I've told the truth now and have nothing to hide but it's still scary can anyone help?

There isn't a lot you can do now unfortunately, as your friend has been commiting benefit fraud getting cash in hand from you. Even if you dropped her in it there is no proof, so you wouldn't be any better off & you'll then lose a friend.

Not a lot you can do there. I have never claimed child care costs but even I have always know it has to be a registered childminder?

Oh dear. I'm afraid that in addition to commiting benefit fraud by failing to declare an income, your friend may also have been childminding illegally, unless of course she is registered with the regulator. She may also have committed tax fraud (presumably she hasn't declared her additional income to HMRC, if applicable).

It's impossible to say how deep into matters that they will look; only they know that. My guess is that as they haven't taken any additional information from you about who was childminding that they are not planning on investigating your friend but if they do go into this then I'm afraid matters may become very unpleasant for her.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)