What Does This Mean?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question first. Has this account been previously defaulted?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

To Answer your first question Lowell are debt collectors an debt purchasers,they by up statute barred or nearly stat

barred debts for pennies in the pound then try to collect the whole amount.

They will have purchase the debt (contract) for the store card and are pursuing the debt Equifax have fairly recently

started allowing the debt collection agencies to place the entry you see on the report as they now own the debt

they are allowed to state store card from lowell.

It is underhand and unfair I have challenged it on others behalf with no success with the ICO or OFT.

The figure 8 denotes that the original account has been defaulted, if the balance is £00 and shows settled it should mean

the debt has been paid off but I am not sure if you have removed the figures.

Are you aware of the debt, and which store card this is,with a little more detail we may be able to help more.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for that!

Yes, It was defaulted previously, removed from my file after Lowell closed the account because they couldn't locate the CCA.

They are now trying to say that a crappy spreadsheet containing some pretty sparse and incorrect details constitutes proof of this debt via the 'Electronic Communications Order 2004'.

Full story here:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?303275-Interesting-Development-In-Lowell-Vanquis-Debacle

and here:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?302694-Electronic-Signature-for-Online-Applications

They have now reopened it and added it again to my credit file!

Is this legal?

RI

Edited by RoyalIrish

Are the default dates correct and when was the last payment made?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

This is the second one I have seen today. Didn't post on the other one so I can't find it.

It seems to me that Lowells are trying to extend the default period by settling one default and placing a second. I would like to know how they are allowed to default anything

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

NOTHING about this is correct although I cannot recall exactly the original dates, I'm sure I've got them somewhere though!

Lowell's seem to have added this nonsense AFTER it was removed about 6 months ago.

I have absolutely no idea what they are playing at!

How can they close an entry and reopen one for the same amount 6 months later?

Surely this is absolutely illegal?

Yes it does possibly when they started the idiotic system of entering data.

You could always SAR Experian and see what they come back with (if you do so, expect a large amount of paperwork)

I would dispute this default with experian as well as you have previously been defaulted

I absolutely HATE Lowell's!

They are rapidly replacing Mackenzie Hall in the 'dirty tricks' league!

It's about time the OFT and the ICO etc. got off their fat, lazy arses and did something constructive to bring these scumbags to task with their methods.

I can only summise that their recent 'flurry' of activity and 'bending' of the rules can be attributed to sheer desperation!

I for one will NEVER pay Lowell's a single penny!

If they produced a CCA that was made of solid gold, had my fingerprints upon it, was enforced by the highest court in the land they would still NEVER see a penny from me, I would rather go bankrupt or go to jail!

The so called regulators can see no wrong in whats happening.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!