• Tweets

• Wrong as usual Jugg    Did Michael Cohen Commit Perjury In The Trump Trial? WWW.ZEROHEDGE.COM ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero Michael Cohen. He still has one day of cross examination ahead of him on Thursday. With the government resting after Cohen’s cross examination, I believe that an honest judge would have no alternative but to grant a motion for a directed verdict and end the case before it goes to the jury. Judge Juan Merchan will now have to give the full measure of his commitment to the rule of law. Given the failure to support the elements of any crime or even to establish the falsity of recording payments as legal expenses, this trial seemed to stumble through the motions of a trial. Michael Cohen was only the final proof of a raw political exercise. For critics, some of Cohen’s answers appear clearly false or misleading. Like their star witness, the prosecutors have shown that they simply do not take the law very seriously when there is an advantage to be taken.
    • So to sum up. 1.  You & your friend did the right thing on 28 December and are in the right legally. 2.  You are in the early stages of the threatening letter cycle.  We've seen these letters quite literally over 10,000 times.  For the moment your friend has nothing to worry about. 3.  No-one will turn up at your friend's door. 4.  If months down the line this got to court, you would win.  It's blatant disability discrimination.  Some time back I looked through the results of Excel v Caggers court cases, well we won 85% of the time, and you would be 100& certain to win. But this is the bit that you won't like ... 5.  Excel don't care that they are legally in the wrong.  They want your money.  They will go on and on with their letters hoping you'll give in. 6.  They are also the most litigious of the private parking companies and it's perfectly possible, months hence, that they will take your friend to court.  You have to be prepared for this.  They would lose.  But they don't care about the losses since, sadly, presumably so many people are afraid of court and so give in and pay.  7.  We will of course support you all the way!
    • Hi, Just updating that I'll be submitting the SJPN shortly this evening electronically.
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Shelley v Associates (Citi)Judgment awarded but Citi apply for S/A ***ONGOING***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

good

only my personal view

but

its for the court to delay things - not you

you could agree, but to the court.

i think you have them very worried here

again pers, i would write back and say NO!

should you wish to settle my claim for the full amount asked

by the time your defence is currently requiredby

then i will stop the court case

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good

only my personal view

but

its for the court to delay things - not you

you could agree, but to the court.

i think you have them very worried here

again pers, i would write back and say NO!

should you wish to settle my claim for the full amount asked

by the time your defence is currently requiredby

then i will stop the court case

dx

Thank you for replying dx & ims.

I must admit my first thought was No way, but then the nerves got the better of me because I got confused which claim I was dealing with and then I realised it was the PPI policy which they didn't pay out on when my OH was taken ill so my confidence has returned with a vengeance.

dx, Are you suggesting that I say something along the lines of: No to the extension and that should they wish to settle my claim for the full amount asked by the time your defence is currently required by then i will stop the court case?

On reviewing my correspondence with them our first letter was dated end of May and they replied early June saying 'after a full review of your account' nothing to refund as no charges applied in past 6 years and you have 6 months to refer to Ombudsman. I replied with LBA mid June and they continued to decline my claim and emphasised the use of the Ombudsman, hence the court action.

I am in the process of collating information required for AQ & the Court bundle in anticipation that it goes that far. It won't be a waste of time because I have 6 other claims to do. So the research will be useful.

Thank you both. Very appreciated.

Shelley

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Hi

I think you need to be strong at this stage and show no sign of weakness (or your nerves). Peronally I think you have them on the back foot.

My suggestion is this...

Write and tell them that their clients have already investigated the matter and given a final response. Accordingly you see no reason why further time for investigation is needed as this process has, by their client's correspondence, been completed. You are not therefore in a position to allow further time for more investigation.

If, however, their clients are prepared to settle your claim in full, including court fees incurred to date, then you would be prepared to cease action.

Others may have an opinion of course.

Regards

ims

yep.

i would p'haps make it sound a wee bit more threatening.

i am already prepared for the case & would strongly object directly to the court should you instigate any delay.

then as IMS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Received correspondence from a firm of solicitors acting on behalf of Citi for the N1 claim, they advise the following;

"We have filed an Acknowledgement of Service at Court and are taking our client's intructions regarding your claim. We should be grateful if you would agree to an extension of 28 days to the deadline for service of a Defence to your claim. This will allow us to investigate the circumstances of your claim. We will then be in a position to respond fully to your claim which will be in the interests of all concerned. If you agree, the deadline for filing a Defence will be xx Ooctober 2011.

We look forward to hearing from you in writing either by post or email as soon as possible."

Due to personal circumstances which I am not wanting to share across an open forum (happy to PM forum leader) am I obliged to permit this extension? What are the consequences if I refuse?

I would really appreciate assistance with this as stress levels are escalating.

Shelley

Hi Shelley

I would think very carefully before refusing request for extension as this would be detrimental to your claim and appear that you are not being reasonable.

Either party has a justifiable right to request extension under CPR15.5.They may be trying to cut a deal with their Client, for you to refuse this request

could push the DJ into their corner and side with the defendant.Your choice though.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

Here's where we are at the moment on this.

I declined their request for extension nicely explaining that their client had declined my approaches to settle on several occasions and had plenty of opportunity to investigate. They have filed an acknowledgement of service which expired 6 days ago.

If I make contact with the courts tomorrow to ask if they have filed a defence, if they haven't, can I then submit a request for Judgment?

Shelley

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

The courts confirm that no defence has been filed so I have posted my request for Judgment today R/D. Keeping fingers crossed now

Thanks Angie.

I am hoping they have done their research and realised that I am entitled to this, shame it may be by default.

How many of these have you got going on Shelley busy lady:wink:

The bank has 14 days after the claim is served to acknowledge the claim, and then they have another 14 days to put in a defence, which they usually fail to do (as they can't justify their costs). After the 28 days, if the bank still has not put forward a defence you win by default, and should request a "Judgment by Default" through the Money Claim Online web site or manually if the claim was processed through your local CC..

Good luck Shelley

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi Andy,

This is the one I origianlly felt most confident about but I am keeping feet firmly on the ground until I have actually received the funds.

I have three in court process at the moment and four more to follow of my own/OH. But I am also working through many more for friends and family.

It could become a paid hobby :)

Any idea's of timescale before I would hear the outcome of my application for default? What's the next stage from there?

Thank you for the luck. I could certainly do with some at the moment for different reasons.

Regards

Shelley

You are entitled to judgment in default under Part 12 of the CPR.It is important that you request judgment immediately the 14 days have expired. If not, you are allowing the defendant(s) more time to file a late defence, which may be time consuming and expensive to resolve.

To request judgment in default you should complete either

• the bottom part of form N205A [Notice of issue (specified amount)
  • form N225 [Request for Judgment and reply to Admission (specified amount) or
  • form N30 [Judgment for Claimant (in default)

Besides asking for judgment to be entered, you need to ask the court to order the defendant to pay the judgment. Normally you should ask the court to order payment ‘forthwith’ but exceptionally, where you know the defendant has goods that would be susceptible to a warrant of execution, you may specify payment by monthly instalments in the amount you believe you may be able to recover by warrants of execution.

Calculate interest from the date of your claim to the date of your application for judgment and enter it on the form.

The court will usually enter judgment within 10 days of your application, though this may vary depending on the court’s workload at that particular time.

Ok Shelley?

Regards

Andy

Thank you Andy.

I am expecting the paperwork to come back because although I completed as advised, I requested they pay 'immediately' but ommitted to say 'pay by what date'. I simply couldn't see the brackets where the date was supposed to be entered. How is one expected to provide a date of when payment is to be paid by when one wouldn't know the timeframe that Salford have for processing the judgment?

The courts still haven't received a defence so I am keeping fingers crossed.

Regards

Shelley

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything from the courts or Salford Business Centre so I have sent an email to SBC this evening and I am going to post a further signed copy of the form N205A by R/D tomorrow and see what happens. I might also pop into the courts and seek their guidance and ask if they will contact SBC to see current state of play. Not sure what else I can do but I don't want to miss the opportunity if Citi haven't filed a defence.

Shelley

I have spoken to the courts this morning and they have confirmed that judgment has been entered. I haven't received the documentation yet and as I hadn't completed the document correctly (1st time effort) I don't quite know if they will enforce or whether I have to complete more documentation to enforce it. I will wait for the documentation to arrive and take it from there.

If anyone has any advice to give me please feel free to contribute. I need all the help I can get please.

Regards

Shelley

Confirmation now received and Defendant instructed to pay 'forthwith'.

Can anyone please advise what the next step is? How long should I give them to pay? Should I contact them or what?

Would appreciate comments especially if you have been in similar position with this organisation.

Regards

Shelley

Await payment Shelly they have 28 days to act/pay if they fail then you have to execute the judgment.

Andy

Await payment Shelly they have 28 days to act/pay if they fail then you have to execute the judgment.

Andy

Thanks for that Andy, much appreciated.

Is that 28 days from receiving written notification of Judgment or date Judgment was awarded?

We could certainly do with a holiday :)

• 2 weeks later...

Andy

Hi Andy,

How do I go about executing the judgment please?

It seems that they do not want to pay up

Cheers

Shelley

warrant of execution

To issue a warrant of execution (recovery of a sum of money)

£100

Regards

Andy

I have been reading up on issuing a Warrant of Execution but I still have a few questions.

Should the amount I claim on the warrant be the same as the amount on the Judgment by default paperwork or can I add further interest which has accrued since? What rate of interest?

As Citi had got a solicitor involved to try to delay things where do I send the warrant to via bailiffs? The solicitors or Citi registered address? I suspect the later.

Does anyone have any experience of having to go through this process with Citi or any other financial organisation and how did you get on?

Apologies for all the questions but I am in unknown territory.

Appreciate any advice.

Shelley

I have been reading up on issuing a Warrant of Execution but I still have a few questions.

Should the amount I claim on the warrant be the same as the amount on the Judgment by default paperwork or can I add further interest which has accrued since? What rate of interest?

As Citi had got a solicitor involved to try to delay things where do I send the warrant to via bailiffs? The solicitors or Citi registered address? I suspect the later.

Does anyone have any experience of having to go through this process with Citi or any other financial organisation and how did you get on?

Appreciate any advice.

Shelley

Andy, Are you able to help me with these points please?

Would appreciate your advice.

Regards

Shelley

Should the amount I claim on the warrant be the same as the amount on the Judgment by default paperwork or can I add further interest which has accrued since? What rate of interest? No interest after judgment but you can add the cost of the warrant.

As Citi had got a solicitor involved to try to delay things where do I send the warrant to via bailiffs? The solicitors or Citi registered address? Citi I suspect the later.

Appreciate any advice.

Shelley

Regards

Andy