HFO Services/Barclaycard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HFO have been sending all sorts of letters. I took the advice on this site and sent a CCA to HFO and SAR Barclaycard on the 19th April 2011 in the form of the templates on this site.

Barclaycard replied and just sent statements, not all of the information requested in the request which was:

• Original Credit Agreement

• Full Statement of Accounts for the entire period

• Copy of any Default Notice issued

• Date of Default

• Copy of any Termination Notice issue

• Date of Termination

• Copy of any Notice of Assignment

• Exact date of assignment

• Details of to whom the account was sold

I have not heard anything from HFO but they have received the request as I send all letters recorded.

Are there any time limits for HFO to reply and should I go back to Barclaycard for the missing information?

I think I read there we time limits and all help appreciated.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 + 2 Working days for the CCA then they are in Default of your request and cannot pursue you for payments until they comply with your request.

Edited by bernardski
Typing error

Hi

You posted on this thread didn't you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?302178-HFO-Services-Barclaycard-amp-Unenforceable-Credit-Agreements&p=3370961&highlight=#post3370961

Send the Account in Dispute letter to HFO, recorded, print name

Account in Dispute letter to send after 12 plus 2 working days

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

SAR, you have to wait 40 days as they may send other stuff. Have you rung them and asked the last payment date and exactly who they sold this to and when? Try and get this in writing, tell them there is a SAR in progress

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Hi

You posted on this thread didn't you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?302178-HFO-Services-Barclaycard-amp-Unenforceable-Credit-Agreements&p=3370961&highlight=#post3370961

Send the Account in Dispute letter to HFO, recorded, print name

Account in Dispute letter to send after 12 plus 2 working days

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

SAR, you have to wait 40 days as they may send other stuff. Have you rung them and asked the last payment date and exactly who they sold this to and when? Try and get this in writing, tell them there is a SAR in progress

Yes, my own SAR from BC came in dribs and drabs but I got what was requested in the end.

David

12 + 2 Working days for the CCA then they are in Default of your request and cannot pursue you for payments until they comply with your request.

So when they do comply they can re-persue. Shouldn't I hear something in the meantime even if it is 'we are putting all the information together?

Thanks for the help.

The method and type of response varies depending in the DCA.

As to pursuing it, it depends on what they send out.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

How old is this account?

Exactly what have you received from HFO and are they calling you?

All the standard letters with various scare tactics. They called once and I told them everything was to be in writing. I sent a prove it letter and they sent a screen shot (which had been altered I believe as they all say HFO yet this one had Barclaycard) from my credit profile as proof.

HFO keep updating the credit file to keep the entry on there. The account default was the 1/8/06 and started on 2/10/90 according to the credit files.

I'm still trying to work out where this leaves everything.

Edited by Uppyboy
Spelling mistake.

Hi,

Below is a link to view the correspondence (you need 20 posts to be able to upload the links?. I haven't acknowledged or made any payments as they stated and their financial dossier must be wrong as I was not Bankrupt in 2010. Barclaycard have only provided statements back to 2005 and nothing before. Is this correct?

redrouteconsulting.com/HFO

Should HFO have replied by now and should Barclaycard be providing more information?

What’s this about bankruptcy? Changes everything! Were there conversations?

Nice of them to note that you are clearly deluded in issuing a s78 request, as is your right. CAG and other consumer sites have these idiots rattled. All of this should be bundled into a complaint.

I agree another nail in their coffin.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

What’s this about bankruptcy? Changes everything! Were there conversations?

Nice of them to note that you are clearly deluded in issuing a s78 request, as is your right. CAG and other consumer sites have these idiots rattled. All of this should be bundled into a complaint.

Hi,

I wasn't bankrupt. There is nothing on my credit file. I didn't have any conversations. What is the basis of the complaint? Attached to most of the letters is information about courts, bailiffs, orders etc. I think writing every few days is a bit much.

They only have to supply info for the last 6 years, if you feel your SAR is incomplete contact Barclaycard.

I will ask them for the rest of the information in the hope they supply it. The most glaring omission is a copy of the agreement.

Hi,

I wasn't bankrupt. There is nothing on my credit file. I didn't have any conversations. What is the basis of the complaint? Attached to most of the letters is information about courts, bailiffs, orders etc. I think writing every few days is a bit much.

So they made that bit up?!

Hi,

A quick update is that Barclaycard have sent a raft of computer print offs but from what I can see it does not have the signed credit agreement or notice of assignment.

Also, not heard anything back from HFO which is outside of the 12+2 days.

Is there any further action I should take?

They have not complied wiyh your legitimate request to provied all data they hold on you so a report to the ICO

is in order I think.

Send it. They cannot (well, they should not) take legal action while in default of a valid CCA request. Send recorded post so there’s no wriggle room.

They’ll be hard pushed to locate a contract from 1990 – it will probably only be an application form.

When did you first hear from HFO about this account? Still haven’t heard much of the history.