Robinson Way

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So these guys have called me regarding my debt with HBOS. I explained to them that I've talked to my bank on many occasions about my debt and that I can't make any payments right now as I have no income. Still, they call. A couple of weeks ago the bank were going to take me to court now I'm back in the hands of a debt collector?

Who has the debt, my bank or a DCA? Am I going to court or not? I'm disabled, and the DWP are messing me around with my benefits, I haven't had an income for nearly a year as a result, which has caused the debts in the first place.

Hi,

What was the debt ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

What sort of Account was it ?

Initially a standard current account, then increased to an ultimate Reward current account when the bank made changes and it was working out cheaper for me to switch, has since (I have been told) knocked back down to a standard current account.

Hi,

I've moved this thread to the Debt Collectors Forum.

Have you received a Notice of Assignment? If not, then you have to assume it is still with the OC. I would be inclined to write to your bank saying the uncertainty is making you distressed, state that you are disabled and ask them to give you a clear explanation about the debt. Make sure you say you have not received any NOA if this is the case.

Sorry - it is basically a letter telling you that the debt has been passed (or assigned) from A to B (HBOS to DCA). Legally they have to send you one of these for the DCA to be able to collect on the debt. You would not forget if you had had it.

Given that the point of your first post was to ask who has the debt, I would have thought a letter asking the bank this question would give you your answer, or has your original post changed direction now?

• Haha 1

Nothing personal - only because in post 13 you asked if there was any point in sending it as you have no income. Whether you have income or not is irrelevant to who has the debt, so there is a point.

Crossed wires over wording somewhere I think, honestly nothing personal intended. It happens quite a lot on this site.