HFO and CRA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Information Commissioners Office manipulation of data possibly.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Current Address.jpg

I have attached the 2 entries one of them was on the snap shot on 7th April and the the other one is the snapshop on 13th May.

To me this is dodgy as anything!

What does anyone else think?

Last Address.jpg

Edited by IllMakeYouFamous

One says previous address, one says current address. Is there an entry for previous address still live? Be careful here... please. Yes, there is something very wrong, but you are recording and storing the evidence – that’s all you can do. If changes have been made for nefarious reasons, you have the back up. You can only progress this on the facts. Let”s keep digging. Equifax will have an audit trail, so changes will be logged.

[

There was never a default date entered on the original one which was the snapshot taken on 7th April!!

I just dont know what to do now as not heard from anyone at HFO since I sent prove it letter apart from them contacting equifax when I reported it as inaccurate them asking them to get me to ring them!

It's really alarming that they are aloud to update like they have done!

Keep the screenshots and keep a diary of this. You have to be pedantic to catch them out, otherwise admin error will get them off the hook. Suggest a letter to HFO and Experian to challenge this development and to demand an explanation, copied to the ICO.

They need to explain these changes immediately as the data they now hold is inaccurate and misleading.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Agreed DB it must be challenged an quickly.

Yes, Brigadier. Too often on CAG we sit back and don’t challenge the feckers head on – if they state something that is wrong, challenge it. You can do this without admitting to any debt.

Totally agree DB many people have suffered and tragedies have have happened because the

financial wrong doing of the whole debt industry and the banking system have gone unchallenged for years

and the DCa's and CRA's have become complacent in the knowledge that they san get away with abuses with very little likely hood

of having any major penalties awarded against them.

Rant over:madgrin:

Ok I'm on a bus so won't know if anything has been received until about an hours time via the post!

Ive mentioned this to a colleague who's got quite abit of knowledge in the cca area but he's inclined to wait til they respond...

But I have legal cover on my home insurance but doesn't cover if im defending the case so if I wait til they contact me that cover may not help!

But what I'm thinking Is - should I go to these legal teams explained to them what's happened now and get them to build up a case for this?

Or

Can people help me draft up a letter that I can send to then so we can tackle them now?

I have no doubt the guys and gals will help.

Another Update.

Today I have received Copy of statements. I have not asked for this back in April I asked them to prove to me I owe this debt.

Their exact wording of the covering letter is:

Dear xxxx

Please find attached a copy of your statements with Barclaycard, which you have requested for.

Please contact your account manager xxx on 0203 xxx xxxx in regards to your debt.

This was in response the the prove it letter I have attached.

To me this proves nothing, and looking thru it looks like its been put under 3 different first names now... 2 on my credit file and 1 from July 05.

The first statement shows an address I havent lived at for nearly 7 years and a payment made in 22nd July 2005 by direct debit.

The address they show I moved from there in November 2004.

Not sure on how to attack this next!

Edited by MARTIN3030

Has anything actually got your real 1st name on it?

Only an abbreviation of my first name. on the lastest letter from HFO.

Also looking at the first statement that shows payment was taken by DD says dd mandate is cancelled!

Now as this is not my debt what do I do next?

Edited by IllMakeYouFamous

I have only one suggestion have you done a formal complaint to Barclaycrud and exhausted their complaints

procedure ( sorry if you have been aked before but I can't seem to access the previous posts).

As it's is Barclaycaruds original mess it might be worth to get a final response it and take it to FOS.

Not as of yet as I was awaiting HFO's response.

Should I do that and copy in HFO and in the process ask them to stop contacting me until the response from Barclaycard?

I was thinking of sending them another 'prove it' letter and amend it slightly to say this is not what I was looking for? I feel the CCA request or SAR will be irrelevant in my case!

Hi sorry my last post seems to have disappeared, as you don't seem to be getting any where, yes make the complaint, make sure

you head it FORMAL COMPLAINT, send RD and copy in HFO.

Hi DB I see your on line are you having any problems on the site?

I was thinking of responding to them that they have 7 or 14 days to comply with my request for the proof as statements is not acceptable!

In there quote a few things I've learnt about the oft and the debt and give them the chance to respond even if it's to ask for more information or they need more time but if no response or they respond out of this time frame I then take it further like starting with a complaint to barclaycard!

People talk about debts being sb after 6 years this Isnt my debt so technically me disputing this is doing someone a favour!

IMHO you have done all you possibly can trying to get the information through normal channels

I reckon it's time to up the action on them:boxing::boxing: