Re-selling a caravan i own, told i cant????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Im posting this for my mum who bought a brand new caravan 3 years ago. She now has to sell the caravan, as poor health is making it difficult for her to go there as much as she would like and the site fees are just horrendous.

We went to visit the park owners, as it says in our T & C's that we needed to speak to them if we decided to sell so that they could talk us through the procedure. Basically they said we needed to empty the caravan before they would even give us a valuation, and they suggested that we keep it anyway, because they would not give us anything near what we expects (and they would not commit to what they would give us)

They then said we could sell to a family member or a friend but would still need to pay them 15% commission. We cant find a family member / friend who wants to buy it so i advertised but i have today received an email from someone telling me that he knows the park owner and that i shouldnt be advertising... i dont understand why when they are getting a commission anyway!

My mum cant find her paperwork other than the T&C's and it mentions nothing in there - has anyone heard of this??? Can anyone please offer some advice?

Many thanks

Hi sha

It sounds like they will buy it, but for a lot less then it's worth, also the person (works for the caravan park) that has seen the ad probably has been looking out for your ad, as you've told them that you want to sell, so they only want you to sell to them. If you want any other data they hold on you, you can send them a SAR Request with £10, they have 40 days to respond. Send it Recorded. I would do some research, ring some other Caravan operators. I think they stand to make more then 15% on the resell.

Hi sha

It sounds like they will buy it, but for a lot less then it's worth, also the person (works for the caravan park) that has seen the ad probably has been looking out for your ad, as you've told them that you want to sell, so they only want you to sell to them. If you want any other data they hold on you, you can send them a SAR Request with £10, they have 40 days to respond. Send it Recorded. I would do some research, ring some other Caravan operators. I think they stand to make more then 15% on the resell.

Thanks for this do you know if its legal for them to restrict a resell even if we agree to pay them the commission? Surely that's unfair especially if they haven't made it clear to us that its not acceptable and we havent physically signed up to that term? All the park rules say is we need to contact the park if we want to sell so we can discuss terms, when we did this we were told we could sell to a family member or friend, they did not say you can't advertise.

Many thanks