#parking Charges from local council now with Andrew James bailiffs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I spoke to the head of parking today, and he has said that the fees set within the council allow Andrew James to charge multiple fees to multiple accounts, including levying.

I was told that it is allowed for a bailiff to attend once, and place the attendance charges on multiple accounts, and that if i have a complaint it is with the bailiffs and has nothing to do with the council.

Does anyone have any advice about this?

crap councils don't set bailiff fees legislation does for parking tickets

The Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (certificatedlink3.gif Bailiffs) (amendmentlink3.gif) Regulations 2003

its every thing to with the council they ar are fully responsible all actions of their contractors have you made a formal complaint in writing to the ceo of the council

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

crap councils don't set bailiff fees legislation does for parking tickets

The Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (certificatedlink3.gif Bailiffs) (amendmentlink3.gif) Regulations 2003

its every thing to with the council they ar are fully responsible all actions of their contractors have you made a formal complaint in writing to the ceo of the council

Yep made a formal complaint and the result was they have removed the last set of fees including the levy fees so from £750+ the debt is down to £384 and they are willing to allow payment in three monthly installments.

I rang the head today to explain i was unhappy with the charges and he said that as far as he is concerned all charges are allowed and legal, and the council will stand by these charges.

He also said that i i wanted to take legal action to go ahead because the legal action would be against the bailiffs and not the council. He also said if i wanted to take media action i.e watchdog or the ferret he would be only too happy to co operate with them.

Also something else very interesting was mentioned, but best i dont post on the public domain.