#Employment : off work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

hope i can get some good advice on this matter,this is my story so far.

i was in a car accident on sep 2009,i suffered a bilateral fracture of the spine,i was off work sick on and off for the next 4-5 months,due to pain and sometimes the company would send me home because of the medication i was taking,in may 2010 i lost my daughter in a car crash,the company allowed me a month off paid to deal with this nightmare,then the company decided to medically suspend me until december 2010 on full pay,they then cut my pay just before christmas 2010,i had my operation on my back on 7th jan 2011,the operation went well and after nearly 4 months off without pay,my surgeon and gp and the works occupational health doctor have all passed me fit to work,with a restriction of no lifting weights over 5kg for the short term,the company are having further meetings about this.because they say it is complicated,all the time i am not getting paid,can the do this or do i have a case to say i am being treated unfairly,please help.

thanks

they then cut my pay just before christmas 2010,

is this s.s.p or a reduced basic pay you are receiving

when the cut your pay, are you saying they stoped paying you all together

how long have you been employed by the company and what does your company hand book/contract of employment say on sick pay

yes they have cut my pay totally since the new year,i have been there almost 5 years full time,i was there for 2 years on agency,i have been told i have to be back at work for 12 weeks before i can get anymore sick pay,even though they forced me to go on the sick before my operation,they are meeting tomorrow to decide the next course of action,i am hoping they will medically suspend me again,if they are not letting me back to work,i am really worried that they may not let me back as i am a union rep and not popular amongst management.

thanks

Edited by carillion72

yes i was assessed by the company doctor 2 weeks ago and passed fit,just with 1 restriction,i can not lift heavier then 5kg,this is only for a matter of weeks while i regain my strength at work,the company have been very unsupportive in my opinion,but i don't feel confident they will have me back.

i have asked them why several times,they just keep saying they have a duty of care,i have the union working on it for me,i have been off 12 months now,they suspended me for 6 of those months,i just want to know if they can sack me really,they have made no reasonable adjustments for me,they put me in the office,never trained me and investigated me for typo errors,i explained in the investigation meeting that i had no training from my manager and had only felt intimidated because they had stopped me doing my union duties and were bullying,the investigation was dropped,but they still say this was a reasonable adjustment.