is this against any rules/guidelines?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had a letter from a "solicitor" (LOL, ROFLMAO), in reality, from someone who's bought one of my debts. No surprise, typical solicitor prostituting themselves.

This later though, says they have 'received instructions to commence court action'. Now, I'm pretty convinced the agreement they have is not enforceable, and both the creditor, and this solicitor has been informed.

Is it against any laws, guidelines etc, to state that they have received instructions when the letter is written by the creditor themselves? Whats happened, they've given instructions to themselves?

I'm not worried, as I said, I don't think its enforceable (they said it was obviously), but despite trying to negotiate a FnF, they're not interested. The threats of doorstep visitors, that's par for the course. I am annoyed though about letters stating they have instructions to start legal action, and other obvious lies. As I said, not worried, just want to complain about them.

If you have made a complaint against the dca and they have acknowleged it then any court claim would be vexatious if the dca have not given you a full response to your complaint to rectify the said complaint/dispute

in english

if you have said the agreement is crap and they have not given you a reason why its not, then they have no case

IF ITS A SOLICITOR THEN SEND A COMPLAINT TO THE S.R.A.

thanks postggj, to clarify, I did write to the creditor (Expurto Credite) saying the bank they bought the debt from, never had a agreement that complied with the CCA, and was not enforceable in court. They wrote back and said they had spoken to the bank who had confirmed the agreement was valid (yeah,. like they're gonna admit they sold a dog,even if they did know).

I've had a couple of letters from the 'solicitor' chasing up and making various threats. The first I replied to pointing out that I had informed their 'client' (LOL) that the agreement was unenforceable and saying that whilst I knew they were acting on their client's word, they should satisfy themselves of the enforceability or otherwise before making more threats of legal action. The 'solicitor' never replied

Now this letter saying they have received 'instructions' has really teed me up/ I'm just trying to think of how to complain. I've complained to the SRA before when a solicitor misrepresented the law, and the SRA said that as it was a point of law, it up to the courts to decide, so they couldn't act. That seemed to state that a solcitor could tell lies about what he could or could not do, and the SRA can't act.

I'm not really sure what to complain to the SRA about - maybe the solicitor has actually received instructions.... Just wondering if I can write to the solicitor and ask if they have received instructions

I was wondering if this is the work of the DCA (and it almost certainly is isn't it?) is making that kind of statement against OFT guidance etc. There again, how do you establish who actually sent the letter, the pimp DCA or the prostitute solicitor?

Sra an solicitors

gmc and doctors

judges and the lw society

and i thought closed shops were illegal

send a complaint to the oft as the sols are acting on behalf of the dca and the dca will be responsable for the actions of the solls

You could I guess always try these to make a complaint to..

http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D