URGENT-Signed off sick with stress-employer wants me to attend a meeting tomorrow???!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would agree about OH they tend to be very good and do what is best for you not the company. It does sound like the employers position has shifted since the letter from GP, now they appear to want to help. I agree about the phone call I would also say the call will be recorded. OH can visit you with your permission whilst you are off ill to assess what help you need to make a full and speedy recovery, and be fully fit for work.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Hello,

Well OH called last night. My mobile won't record over 4 minutes (!) & they did not ask me if they could record call (which I assume they have to). The call was very good with a definate 'plan of action'. As I've only talked by phone to OH they can't at this stage access my G.P'S medical records can they? I've nothing to hide but...ahem..I have had a touch of something due to 'friendly' behaviour shall we say (!). I'm also re-contacting my G.P. this week .Thanks all for your help. OH will e-mail me their report before it goes to my employer.

Hello again. That sounds promising for you.

Unless you've signed something that allows OH to access your medical records, I don't think they should be able to contact your GP. I'm guessing you haven't signed anything for this bout of illness.

As for them seeing your entire records, this wouldn't be normal. I understood they should only see information on what is currently stopping you working. Speak to your GP about this, I would expect they will agree. With an insurance doctor's report, you're entitled to see it before it goes out. It could be the same for OH ones. That would reassure you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

OH will require written consent to contact your GP, I don't know if you have opted to NHS spine, we don't have it up here thankfully, something to consider, if so it could mean access to all medical information.

I wouldn't expect friendly to be disclosed to anyone, you can make that request to GP, is it relevant to employment?

Perhaps ask about contact between boss, and OH; what information is being discussed, there shouldn't be any secrets, sometimes mistakes do happen, so that you have full understanding of concerns raised and expectations.

Best wishes

Thanks all! HB-yes they're e-mailing me the report BEFORE it is sent. I suppose as I'm in probabtion they can still sack me if they don't like the plan offered (which I don't want to go into on a public forum but it is all really positive)....but then again I've got in writing that a 'concern' was raised about me caring for GF, SO if this DID happen I'd certainly take some action regarding the equalities act..etc...how far I'd get I don't know!

Whitecraig-what is NHS spine?

First, I'm really glad that OH is being supportive, it takes a total *rse of a manager to ignore OH and their advice.

Once your GP has received written confirmation that you have given consent then they can disclose. You have right to see info before, or with 21 days or say no and change you mind.

NHs spine is IT system which allows different health professionals to access your medical records.

They're going to a lot of trouble for someone who's on probation, so maybe their intentions are good. I'm no expert, but often it seems easy to get rid of someone within the probationary period without going to all this effort.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The NHS Spine is the set of national databases and connectivity used by the NHS to provide key information about a patient's health and care to all NHS organisations. The Spine is part of the National Programme for IT implementation and enables Choose and Book, PACS and CRS, amongst others.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, if you are still in the probation period which is in place to assess your ability to do the job you do not have any rights. In all employment contracts it should state somewhere that your job will be permanent upon satisfactory completion of your probationary period so your employers are perfectly within their rights to terminate your employment after 6 months. If you had completed your probationary period then they would be in breach of the contract and find themselves in hot water regarding harassment. Speak to your CAB.