HELP PLEASE!!!!! CCJ Set Aside Hearing

cosy94
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently discovered I had a CCJ on my credit file that I have no knowledge of. I wrote a letter to the court requesting the details so I could try & find out what it was for. I have now received a reply & im still none the wiser. Im hoping some of the experts on here can help. It states the claimant is FV-1 Incorporated. Has anyone here ever heard of them? Im at my wits end trying to find out what this is as I have a good credit rating & want to sort it out.

Many Thanks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the quick reply.

No I moved several months before the CCJ was issued, so I am now going to try & get it removed. I have no idea what to do next as I have no idea what this is for.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there

i have also found an entry for FV1 on my file and have found out the following, it was placed by nco europe ltd of preston , there is no such company as fv1 only fv-1 inc of america and neither hold a consumer credit lic my information comes from experian, fsa, and the office of fair trading. i have filed a formal complaint on the basis it is not possible to have a debt with a company which does not exist, perish the thought but it appears some of these debt recovery companies seem to be making it up as they go along . funny thing is when i contacted nco and asked for the address of fv1 so as i could request documents under the consumer credit act they had never heard of them or me it seems.

my advise is if fv1 appears on your credit file ask who put it there, and then write to them requiring it to be removed . i have had the company fv1 reported to trading standards for investigation and the financial ombudsman,

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right forum, apologies if its not.

Quick background to my case. I was issued with a CCJ back in 2007. I found out through this forum is was by HSBC's solicitors. Ive never had any account with them & after contacting them they said they have no record of me.

I have now applied to the county court to get the judgement set aside on the grounds that I had sold & moved out of my property. I have provided all the proofs etc.

I have now been given a hearing date & absolutely sh**ting myself. Can anyone who has gone through advise what will happen, do I need to do anything to prepare??

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Cosy :|

Hi All,

Quick background to my case. I was issued with a CCJ back in 2007. I found out through this forum is was by HSBC's solicitors. Ive never had any account with them & after contacting them they said they have no record of me.

I have now applied to the County Court to get the judgement set aside on the grounds that I had sold & moved out of my property. I have provided all the proofs etc.

I have now been given a hearing date & absolutely sh**ting myself. Can anyone who has gone through advise what will happen, do I need to do anything to prepare??

Cosy
:|

Hi All,

I have now applied to the County Court to get the judgement set aside on the grounds that I had sold & moved out of my property. I have provided all the proofs etc.

Cosy
:|

Did you contact HSBC or the solicitors? Solicitors usually act for more than one lender so you will need to find out who the original creditor was and why they sued you. As for the hearing there is absolutely nothing to worry about (apart from the £75 fee:evil:). Judges are very helpful towards first time litigants in person and the nastiest thing they could possibly do is tell you that if you do owe the money then you will still have to pay it.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Im hoping some of the experts on here can help me out.

Ive applied to the court to get a judgement set aside that was placed on my credit file by FV-1 incorporated.

Today I have received a copy of the court papers from Drydens Solicitors saying they have no reference of the matter on there system.

Does anyone know what this means? Have the court papers been sent to the wrong sols?

What should I do? Ive called the court but they werent very helpful & didnt really know much.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Do you have the details from the court of the case number etc? (Don't post it, just wanted to check that you know it!)

Have you contacted the right County Court? The guys will probably need a bit more detail to be able to help you out.

Sarah

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

Thanks for replying.

Yeh ive got all that info, spoke to court, they are aware of hearing etc. Theyve just told me to attend & the judge will make a decision.

ok.......

well i guess you will need to start from the beginning......

who do you owe the money to, and what type of debt (loan, credit card etc)

when is the debt from

did the record appear on your file unexpectedly, or have you had previous dealings with them?

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

It appeared on my credit report, no idea why & never received any letters saying i owed anything. I then moved address which is when they CCJ'd me. I had my post redirected so I know they didnt send anything.

The company is FV-1 incorporated which ive been told on here is HSBC. Ive never had an account with them. Ive tried to find out since what its for but not had any luck.

My court hearing is in a couple of weeks time so really stressing about it, never been to court before.

Hi, please don't stress on this court is really not that frightening this will

probably be heard in chambers with you their solicitor or representative and the Judge

They will put their case first and the then you.

Back to basics, who is claiming what from you and have you asked for any copies of documents credit agreements etc.

If you can give us a little more detail I am sure we can help.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

So your set aside is as simple as the Debt is not yours if you have never had an account with HSBC or ajoint account

or have never had a credit card account with a 2nd card issued to someone else then that is your plea

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

That is j.ust part of the larger picture you need to clear up why the case was brought originally

Did HSBC give any reason for not giving the information required?