Help claiming deposit through courts + non compliance with TDS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've posted my situation on here before, and exhausted all efforts to claim my Tennancy deposit back. I've sent letters from myself, two different solicitors and still no full deposit. I am now having to apply to my local court and recieved the application forms today, however i noticed in the thread on here which gives examples of wording there's ames of different forms. There's no N1 or whatever on my form (I live in Wales,would this make a difference?). When i rang my court and explained the situation she told me that whether i am just claiming my deposit OR the deposit and 3x amount it's the same from.

I'm also a bit unsure of how to fill it in. It asks:

"Brief details of claim"

"value"

"Particulars of claim (attached) (to follow)"

could anyone please clarify this so i dont fill it in wrong?!?!

• 3 weeks later...

My advice is applicable only if the rented premises are entirely within England and Wales, and only if you were granted a shorthold tenancy (under which you [and your spouse/partner/children if any] had exclusive use of at least a bedroom, a kitchen and a bathroom, none of which were shared with another tenant nor with the landlord) and you were over 18 years of age when the tenancy was granted.

England and Wales have a single, unified legal system; so the law is the same even though the premises are in Wales.

As you paid a deposit, please read carefully the FAQs about the tenancy deposit scheme, under which you might be entitled to sue for compensation if you had a shorthold tenancy -

- Tenancy Deposit Scheme

- Tenancy Deposit Protection - First High Court Decision

- TDS eligibility, implication of breach and legal questions answered

Also read the FAQ about what deductions the landlord can lawfully make from the deposit -

- Unfair deposit deductions

Read this FAQ which gives advice on completing the court application forms: TDS Court Claims Wording

"Brief details of claim" : You just put, for example, 'Contract claim under tenancy agreement and claim under Tenancy Deposit Scheme'.

"value" : Put the amount you are claiming. This will typically include the amount of the original deposit, plus the compensation of three times the amount of the original deposit if it wasn't protected in a scheme.

"Particulars of claim (attached) (to follow)": Here you put the wording suggested in the thread TDS Court Claims Wording.